Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastors, would you stop an evangelist who is neck cracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post from a lurker....sorry... ProsperousBigMouth
I was at a conference last summer, and I could not have POSSIBLY more in the spirit. I was a worker of sorts that day, serving the speakers and praise team with ice water and mints and such. I had been involved in the intersession time for this conference, and I was more blessed as I had EVER been. It just so happened to be the last of 3 services for the day. People were being prayed for, and people were falling out under the power of God. It was real. Period. I was encouraged to go through the prayer line at the end. There was a lady in the prayer line...(praying for folks). This woman got to me, (I know her...and this is important)...and she was yelling at me to accept it...shoving me all over the place...telling me to quit fighting it. I finally said "I got it" and walked off. What was that all about?? I found out later that she was not supposed to be up there...LOL No wonder we look all crazy to "other folks" LOL
Just thought I'd share!
Friendly Face
3/14/07 9:24 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post Re: Maybe heislord54
Pastor Gary wrote:
[quote="

I have been prayed for by some "big names" known for rows of people going down, and I have learned how to position myself so they can't

force me over. One of them looked me in the eye and KNEW that I knew what he was up to. He just moved on and left me standing there.

Gary your just as wrong as the people who push down. I go up and stand up with a high minded spirit I'm not going to go down. I position my self so they cant knock me down. What kind of game is that. You came to knock me down and I came to show everyone you cant. I just wish people could see there double standards.

When you go to the altar and plan for anything. Whether its preachers saying I can knock everyone down (which is wrong) or the person who says i know how to position myself so you cant knock down (just as wrong if not more). Most have want there with an idea of what God is going to do. Both are limiting God and both is whats wrong with the church.

Gary you said you know a preacher who says I know how to position there neck so they go down. Whats the different from you positions yourself so you don't. Both are manipulating something that is not a normal process. Both have a high horse. Both need to be destroyed!!!
Friendly Face
3/14/07 9:38 pm

Post stp89
Anyone ever done a "courtesy drop" ? ROFL Acts Enthusiast
3/14/07 10:36 pm

Post Re: Maybe Pastor Gary
heislord54 wrote:
Gary your just as wrong as the people who push down.

I am sorry you feel that I am wrong to resist MEN who are mocking God with parlor magic.

heislord54 wrote:
What kind of game is that. You came to knock me down and I came to show everyone you cant.

I am not playing a game -- the person who is faking a move of the Spirit by rocking people off balance, pushing them over and attributing it to God are the ones playing a game.

God can knock me down any time HE chooses, and He has. It wasn't the manipulation of a man, though. Most of the time nobody was touching me at all and it wasn't in a line of people with catchers in the rear.

This is exactly the kind of pseudo-pentecostal folderol I detest.

heislord54 wrote:
Both are limiting God and both is whats wrong with the church.

I serve an unlimited God. That is no excuse for charlatans and abusers to mock God's power by shoving people over. Don't accept anything that shouts as the Spirit, friend.
3/14/07 10:48 pm

Post SavetheDrama4YourMama
I have a good friend and colleague who is also a pastor's wife (not COG). One day after school we were talking about our church differences and she began to describe an encounter she had with two ladies who previously attended her church. She was having a minor surgery and they wanted to pray for her. She had observed several oddities about these ladies but like a good PW she said they could pray for her. ...but they wanted to come to her home. The date was set and it was unfortunately a time when her husband couldn't be there so knowing they would try to push her down she greeted them at the door and then invited them to pray with her on the couch. True to form the ladies politely insisted that they stand up, and so with one in front and one in back they proceeded to put the claws on her pushing back and fourth attempting to make her lose her balance and fall. My friend asked me after telling that story what the big deal was about Pentecostals and falling down. I had to hang my head and apologize for the over zealous. I wish people would realize how foolish they make themselves and the rest of us look when they're more about appearing powerful than being a humble vessel of a powerful God.

Last edited by SavetheDrama4YourMama on 3/15/07 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
3/14/07 11:03 pm

Post Careful now Pastor Gary
SavetheDrama4YourMama wrote:
True to form the ladies politely insisted that they stand up, and so with one in front and one in back they proceeded to put the claws on her pushing back and fourth attempting to make her lose her balance and fall. My friend asked me after telling that story what the big deal was about Pentecostals and falling down. I had to hang my head and apologize for the over zealous. I wish people would realize how foolish they make themselves and the rest of us look when they're more about appearing powerful than being a humble vessel of a powerful God.

Careful now--- you'll be branded like me as resisting some-kind-of-spirit for having a closed mind and not wanting some wacko to shove you down and call it a move of God! Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
3/14/07 11:42 pm

Post TheoloJohn
As much as I don't like it, and as much as I may think it's absolutely unnecessary, I must admit I've been very blessed spiritually by T.L.'s "neckcrackin" ministry.

An independent guy named Lloyd Bustard cracked my neck real good one time. I ended up having to go to the chiropractor the next day. Oddly enough, he (Bustard) also ministered to me powerfully through personal prophecy at the time, and I felt God's presence very strongly when I went down after he cracked my neck.

But generally speaking, I really don't care for "neckcrackin" unless it's by a trained chiropractor or osteopath.
3/15/07 12:00 am

Post Re: Maybe heislord54
Pastor Gary wrote:
heislord54 wrote:
Gary your just as wrong as the people who push down.

I am sorry you feel that I am wrong to resist MEN who are mocking God with parlor magic.

heislord54 wrote:
What kind of game is that. You came to knock me down and I came to show everyone you cant.

I am not playing a game -- the person who is faking a move of the Spirit by rocking people off balance, pushing them over and attributing it to God are the ones playing a game.

God can knock me down any time HE chooses, and He has. It wasn't the manipulation of a man, though. Most of the time nobody was touching me at all and it wasn't in a line of people with catchers in the rear.

This is exactly the kind of pseudo-pentecostal folderol I detest.

heislord54 wrote:
Both are limiting God and both is whats wrong with the church.

I serve an unlimited God. That is no excuse for charlatans and abusers to mock God's power by shoving people over. Don't accept anything that shouts as the Spirit, friend.

You still didn't answer the main question. Don't you think its a double standard to call someone not of God for having positions in which they pray for you. Then you yourself says I'm setting myself up in position where they cant do it. I never heard of that before it makes me laugh. I have sent this to all my pastor friends and they all agree double standard of the worst kind. I have also printed it out and I'm putting it on PowerPoint. I just was talking last week about out of control church. I was agreeing with most you were saying. Then you go and make a statement like you did and it just blow everything out of the water Ive been working the last few hours on a sermon for this Sunday morning "positions yourself for failure" I have copy this whole exchange. Thanks for the information. My people will enjoy it.
Friendly Face
3/15/07 12:06 am

Post Gary SavetheDrama4YourMama
Quote:
Careful now--- you'll be branded like me as resisting some-kind-of-spirit for having a closed mind and not wanting some wacko to shove you down and call it a move of God!

I dare say I might be worse. I was only 18 at the time but I was at a youth conference where a would-be Hinn came up out of no where while I was talking to God and grabbed my head, screamed "FIRE!!!" in my face, and shoved me down. In a blaze of righteous (I hope it was righteous...lol) anger I jumped up and was heading toward the man to confront him when a chaperon from my church caught me in what appeared to be a hug to whisper, "I know he was wrong but don't you do something you'll regret." That cooled my jets but I was still pretty steamed. This, incidentally, contributed a lot to my theory that there really was no such thing as being "slain in the Spirit" which wasn't abolished until four years later. Oh, the stories we could tell. Laughing
3/15/07 12:22 am

Post Re: Maybe Pastor Gary
heislord54 wrote:
You still didn't answer the main question. Don't you think its a double standard to call someone not of God for having positions in which they pray for you. Then you yourself says I'm setting myself up in position where they cant do it.

I'll answer your quesion -- again. (I thought I was clear the first time.) NO! It is not a double standard to resist phonies, fakes, charlatans and people who are not operating in the Holy Ghost! They are showmen, out to make themselves look holy and spiritual when they are, in fact, manipulating God's people for theior own glory. (Print that part out for your Powerpoint, too -- I am sure you want to honestly represent what I am saying and not just twist my words to prove some point.)

heislord54 wrote:
I never heard of that before it makes me laugh.

Glad I could brighten your day! If you have never heard of anyone discerning spirits and standing up to false ministers, you need to get out more! I have seen it many times, done it a few times, and will continue to stand against people operating in the flesh and calling it the Spirit. That, my friend, is wrong!

heislord54 wrote:
I have sent this to all my pastor friends and they all agree double standard of the worst kind.

Can't begin to tell you how little I care what all your pastor friends agree with or disagree with... I am not a man-pleaser, but a God-pleaser, and I think you are defending false-prophets and fakers. Why would you do that?

heislord54 wrote:
I have also printed it out and I'm putting it on PowerPoint.

Go for it -- as long as you print the ENTIRE thing in context. You are the one who will look foolish when you are seen to be defending fakers shoving people down! Are you kidding me??

heislord54 wrote:
I just was talking last week about out of control church. I was agreeing with most you were saying.

Good.

heislord54 wrote:
Then you go and make a statement like you did and it just blow everything out of the water Ive been working the last few hours on a sermon for this Sunday morning "positions yourself for failure" I have copy this whole exchange. Thanks for the information. My people will enjoy it.

If they are as unbalanced as that, you need to walk down the line, have some catchers ready, smash them all on the forehead, and push 'em down while you're at it. You are MISSING MY POINT, buddy! I am not resisting God... but I will always resist flesh trying to take the glory away from God.

(Have you missed the other posts in this thread saying the same exact thing??)
3/15/07 1:50 am

Post Courtesty drop? roughridercog
I like that term. I think it's what a lot of our people do.

Either that or they go ahead and fall down to get the possum head away from them so they can get back to worshipping and praising the Lord.
3/15/07 8:20 am

Post cdhenderson
I think now that altar services should be more spiritually intimate. For me to watch an altar service at Lakewood Church is very moving. You see people in the altar praying with folk. They have thier arms around them or a hnad on the shoulder, or holding hands. Talking to the seekers and praying WITH them. I love it. I also get a picture of battle weary soldiers praying in foxhole. No dramatics, just seeking and talking to God... encouraging one another.
Acts Enthusiast
3/15/07 9:41 am

Post Gary curly
I'm sure there are some nuts, fruits and flakes out there. I personally believe Dr. T. L. is a great man of God. Just because someone is excited and fiery doesn't mean they are not of God. You seem to be very defensive in making your point. I say ok. Would you let up now , please? Thank you. Acts Enthusiast
3/15/07 10:31 am

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post T. L. lagrangesinging
I have some mixed emotions when it comes to T. L., I have seen him walk by people and never touch them and they fell and had no one catch them, but I have also seen him jerk the daylights out of you. I think that sometimes we have to make sure we don't get carried away, It's alright if everyone doesn't fall out. I respect T. L. very much and believe he is a true man of God. Friendly Face
3/15/07 3:04 pm

Post neck bending he he he JLA777
I'm laughing while reading these responses. I like what the one person said 'you either have athortity or you don't' I just think like with TL everyone knew his heart and so therefore it wasn't shunned upon even if they did get a neck bend. I also think that maybe you should know the heart of an evangelist before he even comes or at least know something of him. Some may think part of their athority is displayed in the show, who knows! Thats why it's probably inportant just to know who preaches from your pulpit. I agree with what someone else said too that sometimes the person of God that is preaching may 'really just be charged up' but, is this their normal way of praying for people. I don't like having my head manipulated either. he he he!!!

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen! Philemon 1:25

https://www.facebook.com/joanylouise
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
6/2/07 7:28 am

Post Would you stop a neck-breaker? view from afar
What do you prove when you push someone and make them fall? Is it a demonstration of the glory of God, of the power of the Spirit?

I mean, here’s the Almighty God, present in our midst. We say He is present. We push people, getting them off-balance until they fall. They lay there, totally conscious of those around them, for a time deemed “appropriate” in Pentecostal circles. Then they pull themselves together, stand and return to their seat. There is usually no real change in their life… Tomorrow their conversation only speaks of how many people fell in the service.

Consider this:
Remember the Prophet Isaiah in the presence of God? Did he need a preacher present to push him down so he could say God was present? Did he need to be pushed off-balance to realize God was calling him? (I think a third person would have been a hindrance in Isaiah’s awesome experience.)

Imagine Jesus coming up to a leper, and turning to Peter. “Okay, Peter. If you will just push this guy down, then maybe I can do something with him.”

The only occasions I see in the NT of people “falling into a trance-like state”….
1) Saul fell under the power of a great light. When he arose, he was a new creature… even got a new name. Changed from a persecutor of the church, to one of the greatest church leaders, ministers, apostles ever.
2) Peter fell into a trance on the rooftop… (waiting for his wife to finally get lunch cooked!) When he climbed the stairs to the roof, he was a man full of prejudices. The man who came down understood that with God there is no difference between a Jew and a Gentile. Now that’s a mayor change!

Of course, we could add Eutychus, who fell out of a window! Anyone want to try that?

The bottom line, there is no biblical basis for casual “falling out” with no meaningful change. And, casual falling out, belittles and mocks the power of our Almighty God, who wants to work real changes in our lives.
9/11/07 12:12 pm

Post Link
Neck crackers are head pushers on steroids.
2/15/14 9:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic