Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do Greek clubs still Paddle members? Does old hickory, still exist on Lee campus greek clubs???

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do Greek clubs still Paddle members? Does old hickory, still exist on Lee campus greek clubs??? Sweethomealabama
When I was a Lee student, there was images of a giant wooden paddle Nicknamed old Hickory, it was used to paddle inductees into Greek clubs on campus. I believe some of the Greek clubs actually snuck pictures of old Hickory into some of the full size wall pictures around campus. For some crazy reason, they were proud of paddling people. Does the fraternal Ritual still exist today on campus today ? What current evangelical leadership has received the paddling spanking of old Hickory?? How should this affect The vote in Indianapolis? If you don’t know what I’m talking about here is a video clip of a Hollywood movie depicting The Freemason/ greek ritual of paddling.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0_QJ5b9qw38&pp=ygUhS2lsbGVycyBvZiB0aGUgZmxvd2VyIG1vb24gcGFkZGxl
Hey, DOC
5/14/24 9:21 am

Post Re: Do Greek clubs still Paddle members? Does old hickory, still exist on Lee campus greek clubs??? Mat
Sweethomealabama wrote:
When I was a Lee student, there was images of a giant wooden paddle Nicknamed old Hickory, it was used to paddle inductees into Greek clubs on campus. I believe some of the Greek clubs actually snuck pictures of old Hickory into some of the full size wall pictures around campus. For some crazy reason, they were proud of paddling people. Does the fraternal Ritual still exist today on campus today ? What current evangelical leadership has received the paddling spanking of old Hickory?? How should this affect The vote in Indianapolis? If you don’t know what I’m talking about here is a video clip of a Hollywood movie depicting The Freemason/ greek ritual of paddling.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0_QJ5b9qw38&pp=ygUhS2lsbGVycyBvZiB0aGUgZmxvd2VyIG1vb24gcGFkZGxl

The video is strange, but then the practice of "paddling" among men is strange, perhaps homoerodic strange.

As a kid, I was spanked for misdeeds by adults in authority over me (parents, teachers, etc). The "rod" of choice was generally a belt or the branch of a tree. My my fifth grade teacher at George R. Stuart Elementary School, Mrs. Slay, was an enthusiastic spanker of boys who misbehaved, applying her wooden spoon with tape around the end vigorously (to the point it would be called child abuse by today's standards).

A wooden paddle in the hands of a fraternity guy is not some hazing devise, it is a weapon used in an assault by somebody who has a "butt fetish." Why would a Christian College have any groups that would haze their members in such a way?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
5/14/24 3:39 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
A quick google of alpha gamma chi at Lee univeristy shows a picture of an older man holding a paddle with an evil menacing look.

I was flatly told by high up individuals that Alpha Gamma chi graduates run the academic department at Lee, the school of religion, and Pentecostal theological seminary . no wonder Lee and the Pentecostal seminary is in trouble Paul conn is also in the Openly endorsing the activities of this group. What sad is they referred to themselves as matchless men of alpha gamma Chi. This is disturbing to say the least. Here is the picture in the context of the Lee university site. Pastors this is where you’re sending your kids to be so-called trained for the ministry. Pray for your school. Pray for reform pray for change in Cleveland.

https://www.leeuniversity.edu/alpha-gamma-chi-anniversary/
Hey, DOC
5/14/24 11:24 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
From the upsilon XI website… They have a paddle that they referred to as old Hickory.
Was Janice Fulbright, Raymond Culpepper, Dennis Mcguire, and Loren Livingston beaten by old Hickory or who did they beat with the hickory stick? I’m Really confused.

Below is an excerpt from their website Explaining old Hickory

Christian excellence and has continued to advance the values that Upsilon Xi hold dear. Among these values, nothing is held dearer than the concept of “Hickory.” Many people have asked, “What is Hickory?” Well, it is many things:

Hickory IS. . .

Highly consistent with Christian values, beliefs, and goals

For members of Upsilon Xi to attempt to embody and live every day of their life

In a word. . .Awesome

So, does that clear everything up? No, I didn’t think so. The important thing to know about Hickory is that it is something that Upsilon men and women hold dear and should be treated with dignity and respect.

Here is the quote in context with a list of COG leaders that they brag about being a member of the club. Who was beaten?

http://www.upsilonxi.com/misc/aboutus/index.htm
Hey, DOC
5/14/24 11:40 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
Paul Conn said this about upsilon xi

At Upsilon's 35th Anniversary in 1997, Lee University President Dr. Paul Conn stated that, “It is an unquestionable fact that the men of Upsilon Xi have produced more leading ministers among our denomination, more doctors in the medical and academic field, and more success stories within the world of business than any other club, choir, or organization on the Lee College campus."

This is disturbing to say the least
Hey, DOC
5/14/24 11:46 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Anyone in UXi would tell you that Mr. Hickory is an actual tree...not a paddle... so its clear you know as little about this as you do about everything else you comment about.

While I was at Lee - no one was paddled in UXi. No other family members were paddled through the years either.

Not sure about the other groups - although some are big on displaying paddles with their club logo.
Yesterday at 6:26 am

Post Sweethomealabama
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Anyone in UXi would tell you that Mr. Hickory is an actual tree...not a paddle... so its clear you know as little about this as you do about everything else you comment about.

While I was at Lee - no one was paddled in UXi. No other family members were paddled through the years either.

Not sure about the other groups - although some are big on displaying paddles with their club logo.

Interesting… The son of a former high-level member of upsilon personal friend was beaten and hazed so bad he fled Lee.. his dad didn’t want the embarrassment of his son not holding up to the initiation and forced him to go back to school. I will not say who. But this did happen. Legacy members kids go through a greater initiation let’s just say that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ
Hey, DOC
Yesterday at 7:42 am

Post Cojak
I know nothing about this subject, BUT I noticed following two or three of the you tube videos the next you tube to be shown was a You tube of a friend of mine and a next door neighbor in Belmont , NC, Jim Arp member of the Rock a Billy Hall of /Fame. I know for a fact he is not associated with Lee.

From my heart, I have never cared for Fraternities in college, mainly because I would not have fit in. Being a HS dropout myself, I do admire those who worked to get their college education and stuck it out.

I had a grand son who did join a fraternity with promises of advancement in the business world at UNC. He paid his dues, but I don't think the frat helped him later in life.

I am commenting mainly because this post seems to be a hit job for some reason. Sad

Wait, I was in a frat, I recieved my hazing on Parris Island 1956! LOL
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Yesterday at 10:32 am

Post georgiapath
I'm beginning to believe that firestarter and sweethomealabama are one and the same. Haven't figured out what they are trying to say or not say. Mostly I think they are full of PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD. Acts-dicted
Yesterday at 10:47 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have no idea what exactly goes on within fraternities at Lee, nor do I know anything about what alumni of Greek clubs at Lee might do for each other within the denomination. I wouldn’t be surprised if they helped each other in some ways.

I attended a Southern Baptist university and pledged a fraternity back in the 1980s. They had a pledgemaster who carried a paddle to all pledge lines. It was primarily just symbolic in retrospect. We were threatened with paddling, but never were actually at least in the time I was involved.

That being said, later on I felt I had to repent of joining it, even though there was no explicitly demonic or Satanic stuff involved in the frat I was in. It was mainly just a social club for guys who liked to party at a fairly conservative ostensibly Christian school. Actually I felt I had to repent of a whole lot of things after I left that place to pursue God’s calling on my life.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
Yesterday at 1:16 pm

Post shaunbwilson
georgiapath wrote:
I'm beginning to believe that firestarter and sweethomealabama are one and the same. Haven't figured out what they are trying to say or not say. Mostly I think they are full of PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD.

I have noticed that sweethomealabama has a story to tell about having heard X, Y, or Z from a high-up official about every topic on the board. This guy is apparently more connected than Kevin Bacon.
Yesterday at 7:44 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Sweethomealabama wrote:

Interesting… The son of a former high-level member of upsilon personal friend was beaten and hazed so bad he fled Lee.. his dad didn’t want the embarrassment of his son not holding up to the initiation and forced him to go back to school. I will not say who. But this did happen. Legacy members kids go through a greater initiation let’s just say that.

It didn't happen to me or my other family members.

If it happened to your friend, I am sure it was not at a club sanctioned event. And if his son was too wuss to punch whoever paddled him in the face, that's his problem. I know I would have.
Today at 6:18 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
shaunbwilson wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
I'm beginning to believe that firestarter and sweethomealabama are one and the same. Haven't figured out what they are trying to say or not say. Mostly I think they are full of PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD.

I have noticed that sweethomealabama has a story to tell about having heard X, Y, or Z from a high-up official about every topic on the board. This guy is apparently more connected than Kevin Bacon.

Haha. Agreed. This guy or girl knows everyone and everything.
Today at 6:19 am

Post Sweethomealabama
Sweethomealabama wrote:

Nature boy, instead of ridiculing, what happened to this kid and victim shaming them? Why don’t you speak to what they experienced and how God would feel about them being ritually hazed. This person was a son of the former epsilon officer. . When it happened, he left school for five days The father didn’t want to be embarrassed because let’s just say he worked for in the Emerald city. They went harder after this boy because he was a legacy and I guess they wanted him to continue the tradition. You know it’s hard to not list details when you have to worry about being banned off the platform That will threaten censorship. So you got your answer this happened victim shaming someone this happened to isn’t good. Censorship is on Reddit right now heavily even though I don’t know the person who’s posting the censored articles. It just appears that they’re locking threads. Everyone knows when you get the email. They don’t respond, especially if legal is involved.
Hey, DOC
Today at 9:36 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic