Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ramond Culpepper

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Ramond Culpepper JLarry
How much tenure does Raymond Culpepper have in the Ex Com

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
4/8/24 10:37 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I think he's done.

Him and Tim will be looking for a Cleveland job.
4/8/24 10:42 am

Post Sweethomealabama
Three are up for excom It’s my opinion we need to be extremely strategic on who goes in those three positions. I am 1000% sure Gary and Tony are getting reelected. But the other three positions are up in the air speculation swirling and There needs to be serious names to consider To fill those shoes. My theory and this is just speculation. Tony set a precedent that you can pastor a church and serve on the committee Mark doesn’t have to be general. I think would be just fine as an assistant overseer and pastoring North Cleveland Doing two jobs. He’s doing such a great job there. That or mark should just let another leader come On excom. I do think it’s time for new faces. Mark has served us well but three other people three new voices would be a good thing to hear from at this time. Hey, DOC
4/8/24 10:44 am

Post JLarry
So Tony is still pastoring? From Cleveland to Fla?

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
4/8/24 10:57 am

Post Sweethomealabama
JLarry wrote:
So Tony is still pastoring? From Cleveland to Fla?

Correct. This is why I think it is so vital that the church of God Owns a jet. The Assemblies of God Financial Services Group owns a Bombardier Challenger jet. They can fly from Atlanta to London fairly easy. COG needs a jet. It would save a lot of money in time commuting with transfers at airports. Plus, we are international denomination. We have to be able to travel transcontinental. Who knows travel restrictions may limit commercial air travel to the point that we may not be able to get to our overseas holdings I remember a few years ago, sitting in a meeting before Covid and a minister saying that he needed a plane because he had a vision from God that commercial air travel Would cease for season And that the only way he’d be able to do what God called him to do was for him to have a Plane to travel. At the time, I thought it was crazy for him to say that now looking back, I realize he was right.
Hey, DOC
4/8/24 11:17 am

Post Tony Stewart 4thgeneration
I had a personal conversation with Tony Stewart about his church in Tampa some time back. While he is still technically the pastor, he is mostly removed from the active role of pastoring. He is more of a pastor emeritus, but hasn't adopted that title. In the transition he relinquished almost all compensation from the church to make room for adding on someone to oversee operations on campus.
IMO it is too much for a person to attempt to fulfill the obligations of a member of the EC and maintain an active role in pastoring a congregation. A person's health, family, and ministry must be considered in the needed balance of both ministries, making it a huge challenge in the best of circumstances.
Acts Enthusiast
4/8/24 11:52 am

Post Re: Tony Stewart Sweethomealabama
4thgeneration wrote:
I had a personal conversation with Tony Stewart about his church in Tampa some time back. While he is still technically the pastor, he is mostly removed from the active role of pastoring. He is more of a pastor emeritus, but hasn't adopted that title. In the transition he relinquished almost all compensation from the church to make room for adding on someone to oversee operations on campus.
IMO it is too much for a person to attempt to fulfill the obligations of a member of the EC and maintain an active role in pastoring a congregation. A person's health, family, and ministry must be considered in the needed balance of both ministries, making it a huge challenge in the best of circumstances.

I know plenty of people who pastor large ministries that delegate a majority of the day-to-day work to a strong executive pastor. There’s nothing wrong with that. I know a guy right now that he’s gone probably 4 days a week preaching across the country. He said that’s his calling to evangelize, but God also laid on his heart to plant churches so he has church in Pennsylvania and Dallas, Texas. He has a team there Running operations. I don’t see the whole concept that you have to give up sell your horse to go to Cleveland. It seems like an unfair Control by those who’ve done, nothing else. You have lifelong politicians in the church that know the swamp throughout then you have somebody outside come in. Yeah I would be a little hesitant to go into the swamp. There’s nothing wrong with what Tony’s doing honestly, I could see Tony planning five churches right now and doing his duties. It’s called delegation of responsibilities It’s called management
Hey, DOC
4/8/24 12:28 pm

Post Re: Tony Stewart 4thgeneration
Sweethomealabama wrote:
4thgeneration wrote:

I know plenty of people who pastor large ministries that delegate a majority of the day-to-day work to a strong executive pastor. There’s nothing wrong with that. I know a guy right now that he’s gone probably 4 days a week preaching across the country. He said that’s his calling to evangelize, but God also laid on his heart to plant churches so he has church in Pennsylvania and Dallas, Texas. He has a team there Running operations. I don’t see the whole concept that you have to give up sell your horse to go to Cleveland. It seems like an unfair Control by those who’ve done, nothing else. You have lifelong politicians in the church that know the swamp throughout then you have somebody outside come in. Yeah I would be a little hesitant to go into the swamp. There’s nothing wrong with what Tony’s doing honestly, I could see Tony planning five churches right now and doing his duties. It’s called delegation of responsibilities It’s called management

So you validate my point. You can't really "Pastor" those churches remotely. You delegate the pastoral duties to others, and you become more of an overseer than a pastor.
Acts Enthusiast
4/9/24 9:50 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic