Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Unaccredited schools vs diploma mills

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Unaccredited schools vs diploma mills Sweethomealabama
Unaccredited schools vs diploma mills

There is a big difference between unaccredited schools and diploma mills. Many religious accreditation agencies are wrongfully accused of being fraudulent because they do not align with the Carnegie Rockefeller college accreditation system. In the early 1900s, certain groups of wealthy individuals did not like how religious denominations controlled higher education. So, they set out through a network of accreditation agencies and established their own churches to take over religious schools like Princeton, Harvard, and Yale.

“Men of wealth [should] form a synthetic free enterprise system based on cradle-to-grave schooling. The people who advance through schooling will be given licenses to lead profitable lives. All licenses will be tied to forms of schooling. This way, the entire economy can be controlled, and people will have a motivation to learn what you want them to learn. It also places the minds of all children in the hands of a few social engineers.”
-ANDREW CARNEGIE,
"WEALTH," 1899

The goal has been to hijack religious higher education in order to undermine religion and create a quasi-religion around secular humanism that will undermine the true church.

The accreditation system that has been set up in the United States has facilitated this. This is why schools like Pensacola Christian College and Bob Jones University, although very misguided and for the wrong reasons, pushed so hard against accreditation for their students based on religious grounds.

Now, we are at the point where the term PhD has been hijacked in the religious, philosophical, and psychiatric world. We have reached the establishment of the Brave New World that Aldous Huxley warned of in his book.

To be worthy of a PhD, one must go through 12 years of extreme indoctrination. Some who have the label of PhD never pass to church work and were lifelong students and employees of the college system. Their degree only proves that they were able to write book reports and read a few books a year.

On the other side, the same professors who grant the PhDs make it their goal to gatekeep who gets one and who doesn't. Students who rubberstamp the professors' pet religious ideologies walk through the PhD process, while those who have a conservative, Bible-based view of Christianity are persecuted and ridiculed in the academic system.

You also have the children, family, and friends of well-connected power players, who give money or control the political function of the school. It would be suicide for that professor not to hand-walk the student through the PhD program.

The professor is not God, but our academic system is set up that way in 2024. Celebrating that someone has a PhD in ministry is almost akin to bragging that your car doesn't have brakes. A medical doctorate is not the same as a doctorate in other fields.

We need to recognize that the vast majority of religious PhDs is nothing more than gatekeeping by the foundations that control higher education, deciding who should be recognized as worthy to preach in their eyes.

A diploma mill is a fake organization or school that does not require academic study to receive forged paperwork that a person has conducted academic study. There's a big difference between the diploma mill and the unaccredited school. I almost wish PhD did not exist in religious education.

I am almost of the mind to believe that religious study should be like that of a trade school.
Hey, DOC
4/2/24 7:42 am

Post Wrong FG Minister
From someone who earned a "religious" doctorate, you are painting with a very broad brush. Those of us who wrote dissertations were actually taught NOT to do that. It is obvious you have not gone through the rigor of a fully accredited doctoral program. Acts-celerater
4/2/24 11:00 am

Post Re: Wrong Sweethomealabama
FG Minister wrote:
From someone who earned a "religious" doctorate, you are painting with a very broad brush. Those of us who wrote dissertations were actually taught NOT to do that. It is obvious you have not gone through the rigor of a fully accredited doctoral program.

Thank you for your response. My attack is not on accredited schools; I'm just saying that we need to be less critical of unaccredited schools. I'm going to use Dr. Horton as an example. Dr. Horton taught at Rhema Bible College before becoming the campus choir director. He is an anointed man of God. There are some that claim Rhema Bible College has lesser accreditation. It's still accredited, but it's under a different accreditation body that some in the academic realm do not value.

I think there is a danger in the church world because we're buying into mainline denominational, religious arrogance that entrapped the Presbyterian, Lutheran, Methodist, and Catholic denominations, which made them fall victim to the foundational funding trap. Remember that the Pentecostal charismatic movement was outside the mainline normal, and I still believe there would be some mainline pastors that frown upon leaders from Pentecostal charismatic institutions.

I remember a friend who was working on their dissertation at Regent. The professor said, "Do not write on demonology because when you go in front of the group, everyone expects Regent students to write on demonology." What does it matter? How was that not injecting the flavor of that professor into that student? Another member of that institution's faculty grabbed that student and protected them from that professor's blatant indoctrination and encouraged them to continue writing on demonology, and that professor was removed from the school later on. Because Regent does not do tenure the same way as every other academic institution, they had the wherewithal to realize that once saved always saved wasn't once tenured always tenured.

I'm not attacking Lee or any academic institution. I'm just saying, don't look at every religious school as being lesser because their religious beliefs don't line up with accreditation agency beliefs.
Hey, DOC
4/2/24 11:42 am

Post sheepdogandy
The School of Christ as taught by B. H. Clendennen.

The Certificate hangs proudly on my office wall.

I will put it up against anyone's phd.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/2/24 5:34 pm

Post Transworld accreditating Sweethomealabama
Can someone please explain to me why Transworld accreditation agency is so frowned upon in the church? I think it’s a great program. Good people come out of it. please explain why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOF9SV4aK_k

https://www.transworldaccrediting.com/
Hey, DOC
4/3/24 8:27 am

Post Sweethome... Old Time Country Preacher
Son, you done made a total a 27 posts on Acts an now questionin stuff whats long been dealt with in this forum. All ya gotta do is use the Acts search function with words like accreditation, degree mills, an unaccredited, an you will find a heap a threads/posts explainin this stuff. But the ole timer will briefly address one a ya concerns.

Transworld Accrediting Agency is "frowned upon" cause just like Accrediting Commission International, they ain't nothin more than puppet agencies. They aint reconized by no higher education authority, an they offer no oversight of the academic process in the schools they accredit. Go to their website an look down the list a schools they accredit, many a which is little more than degree mills. The schools pay a fee an they are accredited, then they able to advertise to unsuspectin students that the school is "fully accredited." These places are a shame an a sham.
Acts-pert Poster
4/3/24 11:23 am

Post Re: Sweethome... Sweethomealabama
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Son, you done made a total a 27 posts on Acts an now questionin stuff whats long been dealt with in this forum. All ya gotta do is use the Acts search function with words like accreditation, degree mills, an unaccredited, an you will find a heap a threads/posts explainin this stuff. But the ole timer will briefly address one a ya concerns.

Transworld Accrediting Agency is "frowned upon" cause just like Accrediting Commission International, they ain't nothin more than puppet agencies. They aint reconized by no higher education authority, an they offer no oversight of the academic process in the schools they accredit. Go to their website an look down the list a schools they accredit, many a which is little more than degree mills. The schools pay a fee an they are accredited, then they able to advertise to unsuspectin students that the school is "fully accredited." These places are a shame an a sham.

I Find it sad that someone would call Rhema Bible College a diploma mill because of their accreditation body. I get that there’s doctrinal differences there but we can’t be like southern Baptist Methodist and Catholics willing to cut each other’s heads off over religious conflict. Dr. Horton is a good man he found rhema to be prestigious enough for him to work at , and Lee found rhema to be good enough to hire from. Transworld accreditation is the accreditation group for rhema.

I’m going to ask about Jimmy Swaggart Bible College Jimmy school is said to be accredited by Transnational Association of Christian Schools (TRACS) accreditation according to their website, but when you go transnationals website there’s no mention of Jimmy Swaggart Bible College. I find that interesting I wonder if they’re still part of it and if that is just old information. Also tracs was the accrediting body for Tennessee Temple University, which I find interesting as well, considering Lee used to play athletics against Tennessee Temple.

https://www.jsbc.edu/about/accreditation

https://www.tracs.org/
Hey, DOC
4/3/24 2:22 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Although it don't carry the same weight as regional accreditation, TRACS is a legitimately recognized accrediting agency. Acts-pert Poster
4/3/24 8:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic