Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is it sacrilegious to put the US Constitution in the Bible?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is it sacrilegious to put the US Constitution in the Bible? Link
Is it sacrilegious to put the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the Bible?

Is it appropriate to do so?

Does it communicate the right messge?

Does it put these documents on par with the Bible in the mind of readers?

Who thinks the US Constitution is inspired? What about the 3/5s compromise? Inspired before or after amendments?
Acts-perienced Poster
3/29/24 9:16 am

Post Cojak
Does it put these documents on par with the Bible in the mind of readers?

This can be touchy for sure. Especially for NEWly inspired converts who have NEVER been exposed to scripture.

I am not buying one of course but wonder if there are disclaimers attached to the adds.......
Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/29/24 5:45 pm

Post What about Scofield's or Dake's commentary in Bibles? Mat
Sacrilegious?

Are Scofield's or Dake's commentary in Bibles? There are some questionable teachings from both of them that are taken as part of the Gospel by some (line upon line, precept upon precept, ...). Then there's the Swaggart Study Bible or that cessationist John MacArthur Bible.

The adding of the Constitution and other founding documents may be seen as a patriotic reminder of the influential documents that helped form the USA, but like Bible that contains commentary, the founding documents are not scripture and patriotism is not a saving grace.

I really don't like to see Trump, or others market the Bible for self gain. I do use study Bibles, as over thirty years now one of my favorite "go to" is the NIV Study Bible.

What about those bibles which have the Apocrypha between the Old and New Testaments?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
3/30/24 7:21 am

Post Cojak
Mat asked:
What about those bibles which have the Apocrypha between the Old and New Testaments?

I don't see that as a problem, since we claim to take our doctrine and teaching from the NT. How ever there are many ministers who come across as cherry picking some teachings from the OT. Smile

I have only read a little from those books, so I wouldn't know if they contradict any parts of the rest of what we take as the Holy Bible.

BUT it is still a good point of discussion. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/30/24 1:28 pm

Post When it comes the Apocrypha ... Mat
Cojak wrote:
Mat asked:

I don't see that as a problem, since we claim to take our doctrine and teaching from the NT. How ever there are many ministers who come across as cherry picking some teachings from the OT. Smile

I have only read a little from those books, so I wouldn't know if they contradict any parts of the rest of what we take as the Holy Bible.

BUT it is still a good point of discussion. Cool

When it comes to the Apocrypha, I think the Jews view them as history but not "Bible." They are not included in the Maserati Text, which is the books the Jews considered as being inspired, and from which we take our 39 books of the Old Testament. The Catholics and Orthodox Churches, as well as some Angelicin and Lutheran churches (these are the ones I know of, but the may be others) include the Apocrypha in their Bibles. It is from the Apocrypha that the practice of the paying money for prayers for the dead taught by the Roman Church comes from.

I don't think Jesus ever quoted from the Apocrypha, but I think it was included in the Septuagint.

I would like to see the full text of the Book of Enoch.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
3/30/24 3:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic