Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Has the Travis Johnson decision been made?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Has the Travis Johnson decision been made? Nature Boy Florida
Is the quiet moratorium over?

Does Lee still need to fix their direction - or does the COG shut down all of TJs church campuses in Alabama?

I know Jimmybee is on the inside there - perhaps he can let us know.
3/4/24 10:40 am

Post Trial Board Meets Tomorrow wahoo
The trial board will hear the charges against TJ and tomorrow and I assume a decision will be forthcoming at the end of the day. Acts-celerater
3/4/24 3:12 pm

Post fire-starter
For there have been such a fuss leading up the hearing I am surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Where are the keyboard warriors and heroes? Acts Enthusiast
3/6/24 10:03 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:
For there have been such a fuss leading up the hearing I am surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Where are the keyboard warriors and heroes?

The General said don't talk.

Since I wasn't in the trial - I don't know what happened.

Please tell us - so one side can get out the pitchforks.
3/6/24 10:36 am

Post fire-starter
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
fire-starter wrote:
For there have been such a fuss leading up the hearing I am surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Where are the keyboard warriors and heroes?

Based on previous history, I am waiting on TJ or the AB to make a video for us. Laughing
Acts Enthusiast
3/6/24 10:45 am

Post postmodern
https://www.facebook.com/groups/COGpastor/permalink/3804000729834975/

fire-starter wrote:
fire-starter wrote:

Based on previous history, I am waiting on TJ or the AB to make a video for us. :lol:
Friendly Face
3/6/24 3:43 pm

Post fire-starter
postmodern wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/COGpastor/permalink/3804000729834975/

fire-starter wrote:
fire-starter wrote:

Based on previous history, I am waiting on TJ or the AB to make a video for us. Laughing

It's a private group for credentialed COG ministers. I cannot join.
Acts Enthusiast
3/6/24 3:55 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Not guilty of unbecoming conduct by majority vote of the EC-appointed General Trial Board. Not sure what to think of that, but apparently it was not unanimous.

Admonished to use greater discretion in his use of social media in accordance with the Minutes, Instructions for Ministers, Responsible Use of Social Media.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/6/24 4:33 pm

Post See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil? Mat
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Not guilty of unbecoming conduct by majority vote of the EC-appointed General Trial Board. Not sure what to think of that, but apparently it was not unanimous.

Admonished to use greater discretion in his use of social media in accordance with the Minutes, Instructions for Ministers, Responsible Use of Social Media.

Just to be clear, no matter what a person of influence or authority puts on their social media, the problem is letting others know about it?

Celebrating a same-sex wedding/marriage on social media is not the problem, but someone else pointing it out is?

Being in communion with a church that ordains sodomites, blesses same-sex marriage, encourages gender confusion and woke theology is OK and acceptable on social media, but "naming names" of those who do such things is not?

Its a "kill-the-messenger" mentality and a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" mandate.

Mat

Acts Enthusiast
3/7/24 6:55 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Majority vote?
Who are the men on this examining board?
Are they ashamed to let us know?
3/7/24 7:14 am

Post georgiapath
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Majority vote?
Acts-dicted
3/7/24 12:34 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Majority vote?

Neither the names of those on the trial board nor their votes were included in the statement released by the General Overseer. Also, what specifically TJ posted that was somehow lacking in discretion was not stated in the release.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/7/24 12:55 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Majority vote?

Neither the names of those on the trial board nor their votes were included in the statement released by the General Overseer. Also, what specifically TJ posted that was somehow lacking in discretion was not stated in the release.

I know.

It doesn't seem transparent to me.

I'd like to know the names and what exactly Travis can't do anymore. It seems to me we didn't need charges and trial boards and executive committee meetings to tell Travis you hurt a guys feelings by reporting the things he had already posted.

Any man involved in charging Travis frivolously (or not stopping it from happening) should tender their resignation. That's what a man would do. Admit they let something that should not have happened take place. Here is my resignation. Evil or Very Mad
3/7/24 1:32 pm

Post FLRon
The Tennessee State AB should have never let this get to this point. If these are reasonable CHRISTIAN men, the right thing to do would have been to set them down at a table and meditate an acceptable solution. Assuming, of course, there are no hidden agendas.
3/7/24 2:46 pm

Post Re: See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil? fire-starter
Mat wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Just to be clear, no matter what a person of influence or authority puts on their social media, the problem is letting others know about it?

Celebrating a same-sex wedding/marriage on social media is not the problem, but someone else pointing it out is?

Being in communion with a church that ordains sodomites, blesses same-sex marriage, encourages gender confusion and woke theology is OK and acceptable on social media, but "naming names" of those who do such things is not?

Its a "kill-the-messenger" mentality and a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" mandate.

Mat

I disagree with this perspective. If a minister sees something on social media that alarms them, there are a handful of things they can and should do before sharing it on social media-- especially when they share on social media with an ominous caption or a caption that indicates wrong-doing without first knowing the whole story. For instance, contact the person who posted the alarming media, contact their pastor, or contact their state leadership. Even then, I don't think social media is the place Christians should be maligning one another. This seems to me like common sense etiquette for professional ministers.
Acts Enthusiast
3/7/24 3:18 pm

Post georgiapath
FLRon wrote:
The Tennessee State AB should have never let this get to this point. If these are reasonable CHRISTIAN men, the right thing to do would have been to set them down at a table and meditate an acceptable solution. Assuming, of course, there are no hidden agendas.

We will probably never know the real truth.
Acts-dicted
3/7/24 3:34 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I hope Travis Johnson gets elected to the EC at the General Aseembly. I think he’d be a GREAT General Overseer.

I really hope TWD isn’t elected to anything unless he publicly repents for his pivotal role in this absolutely ridiculous, politically motivated clown show.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/7/24 4:01 pm

Post fire-starter
FLRon wrote:

TJ could have done that himself, rather than re-sharing the post to a social media group. Thats the Christian thing to do. Any and all else is at best gossip and at worst defamation of character.
Acts Enthusiast
3/7/24 4:07 pm

Post Re: See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil? Quiet Wyatt
Mat wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Mat

The professor was not on trial. The professor still apparently sees nothing wrong with celebrating his wife’s joining the LGBTQETC-affirming Episcopal Church, nor with taking communion with a pro-abomination religious organization. LeeU admin obviously sees nothing wrong with it, either.

Travis had charges of unbecoming conduct (defamation of character, I believe) filed against him by the professor, who, while not a credentialed CoG minister, is apparently a member at Westmore CoG, and therefore, was within his rights to file charges against Travis.

Evidently, when a face-to-face meeting between Travis and the prof did not resolve the situation to the TN AB’s satisfaction, against the advice of the EC, the AB decided to move things up a notch to a trial for unbecoming conduct. In keeping with the Minutes, Travis requested a trial at the international level, which would be unappealable. That request was granted, effectively removing the TN AB and a TN trial board out of the picture.

So it would not be accurate to classify this whole thing as “shoot the messenger,” if by that you mean Travis was being attacked from the top level of the denomination, at least. It is not clear what the TN AB’s reasoning or motives might have been for pursuing this as he did.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/7/24 4:16 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:
FLRon wrote:

TJ could have done that himself, rather than re-sharing the post to a social media group. Thats the Christian thing to do. Any and all else is at best gossip and at worst defamation of character.

Your defamation of character charge is ridiculous. Travis made up nothing - in fact, he posted only what the professor had posted. So, if anyone defamed anyone - he defamed himself. Perhaps Dority can bring him up on charges for defaming a Lee Professor.

TJ didn't talk to the Professor because the post was directed at the leadership of Lee, not him. The professor is free to do whatever he wants to do - he hasn't done anything criminal. He was proud of his actions and that is his right to do so. But, should the Lee admins have a sit down with him - and all the other professors parading around in vagina hats and such. Again, vagina hats are ok too. but should the Lee admin have a discussion with that professor as well?

This offended professor was only one of many object lessons for Lee Admin not doing their jobs.

I'm afraid folks that characterize it any other way take the heat off the Lee admins - which I think was the whole point to begin with.

SO - firestarter before you post anything else - shouldn't you have a sit down with me before you offend me and try to make me look bad. That might defame me. I seriously can't believe you would post something contradictory about me without sitting down and discussing it with me first.

For shame.

Bad firestarter.

Where's Dority when you need him?
Twisted Evil
3/7/24 4:48 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic