Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Travis Johnson found NOT GUILTY of bogus charges against him
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Travis Johnson found NOT GUILTY of bogus charges against him Nature Boy Florida
So the board of inquiry has apparently agreed on charges.

How are these charges allowed to be carried out in a state TJ doesn't reside in?

Alabama SO should formally charge Tennessee SO with violating the minutes.

At least then the GO - PB would have to step in and make a ruling.

It's easy to see why Lee University disregards any provisions in their code of conduct. The COG doesn't follow it's rules either.

SO it's no surprise many members don't follow the Ten "Suggestions" in the Bible either.

COG in disarray.

Very sad.

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Nature Boy Florida on 4/4/24 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
2/16/24 7:27 am

Post According to the State Overseer of TN FG Minister
According to the SO of TN, he says the Minutes require charges to be brought in the state where the supposed infraction occurred. According to the allegations, the professor twice attended the Episcopal Church in TN. Thus, the professor at a TN university, who allegedly did something wrong in TN, appealed to the SO of TN. I suggest you watch the SO of TN explain what transpired. https://www.facebook.com/COGTN/videos/384507164261866/

For example, if a guy from California murders a man in New York, the trial will be in New York.
Acts-celerater
2/16/24 8:19 am

Post Re: According to the State Overseer of TN Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
According to the SO of TN, he says the Minutes require charges to be brought in the state where the supposed infraction occurred. According to the allegations, the professor twice attended the Episcopal Church in TN. Thus, the professor at a TN university, who allegedly did something wrong in TN, appealed to the SO of TN. I suggest you watch the SO of TN explain what transpired. https://www.facebook.com/COGTN/videos/384507164261866/

For example, if a guy from California murders a man in New York, the trial will be in New York.

But the trial isn't for a dude that attended a church in Tennessee.

It's for a dude that made a post while in Alabama - also the state he resides in. That was the infraction that we have a trial for.

I suggest you quit believing the Overseer of Tennessee is infallible. He is wrong here. The fix is in. Cleveland wins again. The minutes mean nothing.
2/16/24 9:33 am

Post Okay, Okay... FG Minister
It will all be okay. If the Minutes do not say what the TN Overseer is saying, then the COG Legal Department can advise them to change the venue. I have a feeling you simply believe the pastor in question is the upholder of righteousness and "Cleveland" is upholding unrighteousness in this matter. But be careful that emotion doesn't cause you to abandon designated procedure, no matter what outcome you prefer. The Minutes are in place to help all sides of a situation. Acts-celerater
2/16/24 10:48 am

Post Carolyn Smith
One of Travis's satellite churches is in Southaven, MS, which is just over the border of TN and considered a suburb of Memphis. It's only 15 minutes from Southaven to Memphis.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/16/24 9:53 pm

Post Re: Okay, Okay... Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
It will all be okay. If the Minutes do not say what the TN Overseer is saying, then the COG Legal Department can advise them to change the venue. I have a feeling you simply believe the pastor in question is the upholder of righteousness and "Cleveland" is upholding unrighteousness in this matter. But be careful that emotion doesn't cause you to abandon designated procedure, no matter what outcome you prefer. The Minutes are in place to help all sides of a situation.

If you knew what I knew, you would agree with me.
2/17/24 7:11 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
From what I’ve heard from someone who would definitely know, the whole thing is a politically motivated attack against TJ. All five of the present EC reportedly recommended no trial after the inquiry was complete, but their recommendation is being ignored. This mess will surely backfire. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/17/24 7:37 pm

Post Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
From what I’ve heard from someone who would definitely know, the whole thing is a politically motivated attack against TJ. All five of the present EC reportedly recommended no trial after the inquiry was complete, but their recommendation is being ignored. This mess will surely backfire.

To push this forward CANNOT be good for our church. Common sense would drop it, at least I think so. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/18/24 12:13 pm

Post So, exactly what are the charges? Mat
I must have missed the publication of the charges against TJ. Exactly what are the charges?

Also, what is the next step in the process, such as a trail, or an announcement of guilt, or a disciplinary action by the TN Bishop?

I do wonder if the COG is willing to trade professor who has questionable beliefs (makes you want to audit his classes to see what he is teaching) for a pastor (and perhaps a large local church) which seems to be standing against the tide of culture.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
2/18/24 6:08 pm

Post Re: So, exactly what are the charges? Cojak
Mat wrote:
I must have missed the publication of the charges against TJ. Exactly what are the charges?

Also, what is the next step in the process, such as a trail, or an announcement of guilt, or a disciplinary action by the TN Bishop?

I do wonder if the COG is willing to trade professor who has questionable beliefs (makes you want to audit his classes to see what he is teaching) for a pastor (and perhaps a large local church) which seems to be standing against the tide of culture.

Mat

Good points.....

Why would a good leader not call these two apposing forces together and see if some good could come from Brothers talking and praying together.

I was always proud of my dad in local churches for doing that with apposing forces, several 'possible' church splits were avoided and growth always ensued. His thoughts were Christians should be united in LOVE! And no one can be 'mad' at someone crying and praying for Love and dedication to /Christ.......

01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/19/24 10:44 am

Post Re: So, exactly what are the charges? UncleJD
Mat wrote:

Mat

I may be talking a little beyond my scope, but as I understand it, Lee U has 40 years of tenured liberals first initiated by a graduate of a liberal Ivy league school with a psych degree that wasn't questioned for those 40 years, and now, because of said tenure, there is nothing that can really be done. We're probably 30 years away from any possible change in the left turn that was enabled way back then. If I'm wrong I'm willing to listen, but that is what I surmise from various sources with experience in the whole faculty system at Lee at least over the last 25 years.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/19/24 11:20 am

Post Roger Woodard
Forgive me for interjecting a few points, but I seem to remember it was required to post The Declaration of Faith in all Lee classrooms. I guess that went the way of the dodo bird.
However, Minutes of the General Assembly, S15. I: Lee College: Board of Directors, section # 5, "Sign a contract & see that the president, & all faculty members of Lee University sign a contract that they will not teach, publish, or allow to be taught or published, anything contrary to the Church of God Declaration of Faith, or any other established doctrine of the church.
# 6: Permit no person unable or unwilling to accept in good faith the Church of God Declaration of Faith to be employed. In the event of failure on the part of any faculty member to live up to said agreement, the board of directors is authorized to dismiss him or her from the faculty".

Since we teach more by example than any other method, make of these truths what you will.
Hey, DOC
2/19/24 12:30 pm

Post Crazy sadlytrue77
Any body that thinks Brother Johnson is the one in the wrong is crazier than a runned over dog. This should have never got this far and we had bette get our house in order. Their is no time for this distraction

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
2/19/24 2:29 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Kelvin Page is the Lee Professor's pastor.
Said he is a solid conservative Pentecostal brother.
Yet his wife just joined a gay affirming church.

They do things different in Cleveland.

To the average layman, the professor at Westmore is only there to check a box to keep his job at Lee.

We keep that "committed" professor, and bid goodbye to TJ and his church. While the Tennessee overseer and Presiding Bishop all let it happen.

Trust the process!

I do.

I trust this does not end well. That's what I trust.
2/20/24 7:30 am

Post fire-starter
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

To the average layman, the professor at Westmore is only there to check a box to keep his job at Lee.

We keep that "committed" professor, and bid goodbye to TJ and his church. While the Tennessee overseer and Presiding Bishop all let it happen.

Trust the process!

I do.

The charge is slander. I don't know why people are up in arms about these charges against TJ. TJ got a little too bold behind his keyboard and a member is calling him to account for it. TJ is the one who tried to change the narrative in his church speech which was quickly addressed by the TN AB in a public video.

If you are going to post photos of people on the internet with commentary that intends to malign or make other suspicious, then you should have to answer for it. Period. Especially within the body of Christ.

TJ went rogue and I know that is all the rage these days, but come on. We are better than cloak and dagger attacks of our own brothers and sisters on social media.
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/24 8:39 am

Post Nature Boy Florida

Last edited by Nature Boy Florida on 2/20/24 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
2/20/24 9:17 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:

Trust the process!

I do.

The charge is slander. I don't know why people are up in arms about these charges against TJ. TJ got a little too bold behind his keyboard and a member is calling him to account for it. TJ is the one who tried to change the narrative in his church speech which was quickly addressed by the TN AB in a public video.

If you are going to post photos of people on the internet with commentary that intends to malign or make other suspicious, then you should have to answer for it. Period. Especially within the body of Christ.

TJ went rogue and I know that is all the rage these days, but come on. We are better than cloak and dagger attacks of our own brothers and sisters on social media.

I read TJs post again yesterday.

I just don't see what you see.

Tennessee Bishop was wrong then - he's wrong now.

He only reposted photos/quotes that the gay affirming church and the Lee professor's wife proudly posted. I just don't see how that is slander.

slan·der

noun LAW

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
2/20/24 9:18 am

Post fire-starter
fire-starter wrote:

Trust the process!

I do.

He only reposted photos/quotes that the gay affirming church and the Lee professor's wife proudly posted. I just don't see how that is slander.

slan·der

noun LAW

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

I haven't seen the posts, only what the AB of TN has said vs. what TJ has said. At the end of the day, if TJ posted those photos to malign the reputation of another member, professor or not, he has to answer for it. Especially if the offended member can produce real evidence that the post was intende to malign his reputation and did-- which based on the comments here on Acts and FB is absolutely the case. People are already saying that Lee allows gay affirming profs, etc. based on this photo and post. That is text book defamation, slander if the media was used to create a false narrative, and at its best gossip unbecoming a fellow member.

TJ made a speech about how the COG may be faltering on its stance against LGBTQ lifestyle. The TN AB made it abundantly clear in his video that this is not what this is about. This is about slander. This is about doing their due diligence to get to the bottom of the offense. Keyboard warriors beware. This is how the real world works.
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/24 9:31 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:
fire-starter wrote:

Trust the process!

I do.

slan·der

noun LAW

I haven't seen the posts, only what the AB of TN has said vs. what TJ has said. At the end of the day, if TJ posted those photos to malign the reputation of another member, professor or not, he has to answer for it. Especially if the offended member can produce real evidence that the post was intende to malign his reputation and did-- which based on the comments here on Acts and FB is absolutely the case. People are already saying that Lee allows gay affirming profs, etc. based on this photo and post. That is text book defamation, slander if the media was used to create a false narrative, and at its best gossip unbecoming a fellow member.

TJ made a speech about how the COG may be faltering on its stance against LGBTQ lifestyle. The TN AB made it abundantly clear in his video that this is not what this is about. This is about slander. This is about doing their due diligence to get to the bottom of the offense. Keyboard warriors beware. This is how the real world works.

It has to not be true to be slander. I still want to see what the untrue part was. Perhaps before commenting again - go read the ACTUAL post for yourself instead of hearsay.

He only used others posts - he didn't fabricate anything.

And as far as Lee having gay affirming profs - that ship sailed a long time ago when a dean marched around town in a parade wearing a vagina hat. Then Lee named a building after her.
2/20/24 9:38 am

Post fire-starter
fire-starter wrote:
fire-starter wrote:

Trust the process!

I do.

slan·der

noun LAW

It has to not be true to be slander. I still want to see what the untrue part was. Perhaps before commenting again - go read the ACTUAL post for yourself instead of hearsay.

He only used others posts - he didn't fabricate anything.

And as far as Lee having gay affirming profs - that ship sailed a long time ago when a dean marched around town in a parade wearing a vagina hat. Then Lee named a building after her.

The slander would be in equating or implying his attendance at this church is support and promotion of LGBTQ lifestyle at Lee. If that was done, and that is not the case, then that is slander. And if its not slander, its defamation. And if its not defamation its gossip. Posting candid photos of a controversial matter in a forum for pastors is risky business. I am not an excellent pastor apparently. lol. Perhaps someone should screenshot and share the posts here. But beware, that might make you guilty of slander as well.
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/24 10:08 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic