Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dr. William Clifton "W.C." Ratchford Sr. has passed away

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dr. William Clifton "W.C." Ratchford Sr. has passed away shaunbwilson
Dr. William Clifton Ratchford, Sr, 89, Resident of Ooltewah, TN, went to his heavenly home November 13, 2023. He was a beloved husband, father, grandfather, and church statesman.

His notable ministry in the Church of God included local, state and international levels; serving as pastor, State Administration Bishop; Nebraska, Mississippi, South Carolina, Virginia and Illinois; Assistant and General Director of the International Evangelism and Home Missions Department, and various Department Boards. For the past seven years he has dedicated his focus, through Harvest Hands Ministries, to fund orphanages in India, Africa, Congo and Bangladesh.

He was preceded in death by his maternal and paternal grandparents; parents Reverend Benjamin Arthur and Lena Myrtle Ruff Ratchford; son, Pastor David Arthur Ratchford; beloved first wife, Monte Gray Ratchford; siblings, Syble King and Geraldine Lindblad; and great grandson, Zion Samuel Ratchford.

He is survived by wife, Oleda Atkinson Ratchford; son, Reverend William “Bill” Ratchford (Kathy) Bristol, TN; daughter-in-law, Robin (Rick) Dill, Ashland, VA; grandchildren: Lesley (Richard) Keyes, Johnson City, TN; Amanda (Junior) Saint Val, Lake Worth, FL; Monte Ratchford, Bristol, TN; Emily Ratchford, Bristol TN; Will Ratchford III, San Bernadino, CA; Reverend Benjamin (Laura) Ratchford, Granite City, IL; Jayla (Matt) Johnston, Granite City, IL; Anna (Matt) Graham, Richmond, VA; Charis (Zach) Henrico, VA; several great grandchildren, family members and friends.

Celebration of Life will be Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 7:00 PM with Pastor Benjamin Ratchford, Dr. Tim Hill, and Dr. Steve Ball officiating. Visitation will be from 5:30-7:00 PM at the Metropolitan Tabernacle Church, Chattanooga, TN. Jim Rush Funeral Home is in charge of local arrangements. The service will be live streamed at: www.metrotab.net.

The family will be receiving friends on Sunday, November 19, 2023 from 2:00-4:00 PM at White’s Funeral Home, Weatherford, TX. There will be a private burial following.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests tributes be made to Harvest Hands Ministries: online at www.wcratchford.org or via mail 3712 Johnson Road, Granite City, IL 62040 or Church of God World Missions #650134. You may share your condolences and your memories with the Ratchford family by going to [url=https://www.jimrushfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/William-Ratchford/#!/TributeWall]www.jimrushfuneralhomes.com[/url].

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 12/15/23 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin
11/14/23 5:31 pm

Post Re: Dr. William Clifton "W.C." Ratchford Sr. has passed away Cojak
shaunbwilson wrote:
Dr. William Clifton Ratchford, Sr, 89, Resident of Ooltewah, TN, went to his heavenly home November 13, 2023. He was a beloved husband, father, grandfather, and church statesman.

Prayers for a Soldier of the Cross's family, church and friends. Sad when good leaders pass on......
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/15/23 12:05 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Thanks so much, CoJack. Bro. Ratchford was a long-time friend of our family. He was the Overseer that appointed my dad to his first church in Grand Island, Nebraska in the early 70's. Bro. Ratchford traveled with our organization as an evangelist for some 20 years. Our Board has by unanimous Corporate Resolution declared Thursday, November 16, 2023 to be a day of remembrance within the World Class Cities, Inc. ministry worldwide to honor and celebrate the life and contributions of W. C. Ratchford to WCCM and God’s Kingdom. He was certainly an incredibly accomplished Kingdom Builder.

Here's our Resolution if you're interested in reading more.
11/15/23 6:01 pm

Post Cojak
Thanks especially for the picture. I did meet him many years ago when he was much younger. I cannot even remember in which state.

WE lived in 4 of the states where he was overseer. It must have been one of them. I have never stayed planted more than 2 yrs at a time. LOL

Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/15/23 6:34 pm

Post Until I read the obituary, I was unaware... Aaron Scott
that he had married Bro. Walter Atkinson's widow, Oleda. She was blessed to be the wife of two great men of God. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/16/23 10:57 am

Post UncleJD
He was a regular visitor at our church in Texas back in the 90s through early 2000s, his daughter-in-law Robin became our music minister during those days and her daughters grew up for a while with my own kids. Very special people. He certainly accomplished quite a legacy in the COG around the world. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/16/23 12:50 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic