Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

GA Election discussion... maybe...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post GA Election discussion... maybe... 4thgeneration
So, with the General Assembly 8 months away, it seems appropriate to consider the ramifications of elections. I'll pose this in questions and hope for some discussion. (FYI I'm not fishing for names, and prefer the discussion not become about individuals/names)

What are you looking for in your consideration of who you will vote for in positions on the Executive Committee and Council of 18?

Are you looking for:
Someone true to the history and structure of our church that will keep us on the course we have been following?
Someone with innovative thinking that would push toward shifts in structures, vision/mission, direction, etc?
Someone with strong administrative experience, able to take the reins with the knowledge and (hopefully) wisdom that it affords?
Someone not ingrained in a long standing system, unmarried to "the way it's been for a long time", and thus willing to lead in new directions?
Someone older... someone younger?
Someone of a certain ethnicity with the goal of creating diversity?
Someone popular, in demand, that has the "it" factor going on?
Someone willing to stir things up in order to effect perceived "needed" change?
Someone diplomatic, looking to navigate troubled times with minimal turbulence?
Maybe some consideration that I haven't listed? (Feel free to add them in comments)

It always happens. Voting begins and a few names hit the top of the list. Many shift their voting to select from those top names in order to fill the slots. So, IMO, how we begin that important role of selection will have significant ramifications on who we are as the COG.

What are you prioritizing in you considerations and preparations for selecting our leaders?
Acts Enthusiast
11/7/23 9:28 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
If'n we can git ole JW Buckalew elected, hey, we'll have us a jailhouse revival. Acts-pert Poster
11/7/23 4:28 pm

Post Cojak
Of course I cannot vote 'on the floor', but I do hope our Ordained Ministers can reach outside the BOX and elect from the West and overseas. The NAME and big Camp Meeting Speakers have always, in our church, held a big vote getter.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/8/23 10:40 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Aren't the top two positions done deals already?

Since three are leaving the committee - don't the remaining two move up? (Almost always)
11/8/23 12:03 pm

Post Remaining two answer 4thgeneration
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Since three are leaving the committee - don't the remaining two move up? (Almost always)

Actually no. Those two have tenure remaining in their current position, but could be elected to the G.O. and 1st Asst. Even if their tenure was complete it would require a vote of the General Council and affirmation of the General Assembly.
Acts Enthusiast
11/9/23 11:42 am

Post Re: Remaining two answer Nature Boy Florida
4thgeneration wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Actually no. Those two have tenure remaining in their current position, but could be elected to the G.O. and 1st Asst. Even if their tenure was complete it would require a vote of the General Council and affirmation of the General Assembly.

I realize they vote on these - but I think the odds say they will move up.
11/9/23 1:02 pm

Post JLarry
I have no idea who those two are.

And remember when Paul Walker went in. He never served as an Assistant GO

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/9/23 4:36 pm

Post FLRon
Whoever gets voted in you can count on them NOT being a ‘think outside of the cog box’ trail blazer. Wouldn’t want to rock the boat and upset the “but we’ve always done it this way” faithful.

What I would love to see happen is a true visionary get elected whose only agenda is hearing and implementing God’s plan. Wait, I already said such a person won’t get voted in. Never mind.
11/10/23 4:02 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic