|Part of the mission of the ministry I serve, World Class Cities Ministries, is training pastors internationally. We primarily train out of our base of operations in Africa where we train pastors from 18 African countries and out of our base of operations in Asia where we train pastors from 16 Asian countries. The Lord has helped us to train 57,611 pastors and plant 1,729 new fellowships and churches since I began keeping records in May 2016. Our focus is to train church planters as well as seasoned pastors and lay ministers who have a heart for evangelism with a focus toward church planting. We teach on topics that include hermeneutics, homiletics, church leadership, church management, church engagement, Greek, and Hebrew. The background education of our students really runs the gamut. We are always looking to expand the resources in our library for those who receive training from us. To that end, I am looking for recommendations that you might have for the books that have made the biggest difference in your life or that you have read and thought, "Man, I wish Pastor So-and-So would read this one."
Here are a few examples of the books we have in our library already:
- The Worship Architect, Constance Cherry
- The Mosaic of Christian Belief, Roger E. Olson
- The Story of Christianity (Vols. 1 and 2), Justo L. Gonzalez
- Romans (1-8 and 9-16) (New Beacon Bible Commentary), Jim Edlin
- From the Manger to the Mountain, H. Lynn Stone
- Teaching for Results, Findley B. Edge
- Teaching for Spiritual Growth, Perry G. Downs
What is some reading you would recommend as critical for a pastor?
Signature Themes: Connectedness | Futuristic | Ideation | Intellection | Learner
10/7/23 4:04 pm