Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why some Americans prefer to go to religious services in person and others prefer to watch virtually (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why some Americans prefer to go to religious services in person and others prefer to watch virtually (L) shaunbwilson
Pew Research recently did this polling. Here are a few of the graphics from the article:

Since there has been discussion here surrounding virtual churches lately, I thought some might find this information valuable when considering their strategy for engaging those virtually.

The full article is here: Why some Americans prefer to go to religious services in person and others prefer to watch virtually
9/6/23 7:23 pm

Post FLRon
This is really good information. Being a bit of a numbers geek the detailed breakdown gets my attention. What stands out the most however is the nearly 60% who do not attend any church services, which I conclude is proof positive of the great falling away. Or to look at it from a different perspective, the fields are white unto harvest.
Thanks for posting this!
9/7/23 4:21 am

Post Preacher777
Thanks for posting this interesting information Shaun. I noticed that those questioned were people who attended or watched at least once or twice monthly. It would be interesting to see if there was a greater percentage of those who prefer in service attendance compared to virtual among those who do weekly participation.

I think it also shows the shallowness and lack of conviction in what some people are presenting in virtual preaching. It seems somewhat far off from Jesus teaching about denying self, taking up your cross daily and following Him. Otherwise, how can one feel they are fine saying a prayer and watching a service once or twice a month. Ironic one of the main reasons for virtual participation was "deeper" teaching.

I am not against virtual teaching as we do offer our services online. However, I wonder if people can just go online to feel better while not having to hear anything about sin, repentance, Hell and holiness. Please don't think that I am doing any parody or excessive teaching in these areas but I don't think we should ignore them because they are not popular subjects or taken to extremes in years past.
Friendly Face
9/7/23 5:58 am

Post FLRon
“ I am not against virtual teaching as we do offer our services online. However, I wonder if people can just go online to feel better while not having to hear anything about sin, repentance, Hell and holiness. Please don't think that I am doing any parody or excessive teaching in these areas but I don't think we should ignore them because they are not popular subjects or taken to extremes in years past”.

Our services are also live streamed as well as uploaded to our website and YouTube, and there is no attempt made to soften the message. We get thousands of hits and views, but I question the effectiveness of online church. How many of those hits and views translate into souls won? Obviously we don’t know. I sometimes wonder if a more direct, hands on approach still isn’t the best method.
9/7/23 2:58 pm

Post Cojak
I enjoyed looking at the numbers. i had a thought a good while ago, preachers would be very smart if they reviewed their weekly videos. They should try to critique them from a members' standpoint and the stranger.
The pronunciation and speed of their delivery.
I not a great example, because I am hard of hearing. BUT that said many of your older members are hard of hearing, they are not stupid they just cannot understand.

I made the mistake for years of saying, "I did not hear that!" What I meant was, i HEARD YOU but I DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAID!
JACK
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/21/23 9:13 pm

Post caviator
Hey, DOC
9/29/23 7:06 am

Post Cojak
caviator wrote:

I am a believer in Creation. I think there are many years (of human and
Deity understanding, 1000 yrs as a day, etc) in the first few verses of the OT.

BUT I think believing on the Lord Jesus Christ and accepting him is our key to ETERNAL LIFE.

BUT as to tube time and church time, I appreciate both because I can understand a very good TUBE minister much better than an in person old time Preacher, because off my hearing....
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/29/23 11:09 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic