Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

In house or virtual, how is the support?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post In house or virtual, how is the support? Cojak
Being totally deaf with Cochlear Implants if it were up to me only, I would stay at home and worship with our church on-line, using the closed caption. In church I understand about 50% or less, BUT I attend with my wife to keep harmony in the family. If I remained at home I would send in my support as if I attended. We did it for over 20 years on the road without the privilege of seeing and hearing our pastor and friends at home.

My question here do the members who stay at home and join with the church still support the church as they did when attending in person?

Also is it more the seniors using the virtual?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/18/23 6:48 pm

Post Re: In house or virtual, how is the support? FLRon
Cojak wrote:
Being totally deaf with Cochlear Implants if it were up to me only, I would stay at home and worship with our church on-line, using the closed caption. In church I understand about 50% or less, BUT I attend with my wife to keep harmony in the family. If I remained at home I would send in my support as if I attended. We did it for over 20 years on the road without the privilege of seeing and hearing our pastor and friends at home.

My question here do the members who stay at home and join with the church still support the church as they did when attending in person?

Also is it more the seniors using the virtual?

This is an important subject. I am soon retiring (again) and won’t be making the long drive to my current church any longer. My wife has suggested we look into online services. I have mixed feelings about that, as I’ve been responsible for our online presence for some time now and I see our numbers. Still, I do not relish visiting church after church looking for a good fit. Been there done that and hated it. Since about all of the churches near me are very contemporary I will probably give “online only” a try and see how it goes.
8/22/23 3:23 pm

Post Re: In house or virtual, how is the support? Cojak
[quote="FLRon"]I do not relish visiting church after church looking for a good fit. Been there done that and hated it. ..................

Our lives have required moving often. We have searched for the 'RIGHT' church so many times. We have been fortunate to pick solid churches most of the time and enjoyed the worship and people. BUT they are becoming harder and harder to find.

On line is not the same as in person of course, but my hearing fits better on line..... Confused Confused

Some sound systems are crazy, I wonder how pastors and musicians did it with congregations of 300-500 without a sound system, but they did. Confused
8/25/23 9:41 am

Post Online vs in house giving 4thgeneration
I think the key is in offering online giving along with your online service. We thankfully had digital giving available via kiosk and online long before covid. Pre-covid we hit around 35% to 40% digital giving. Post covid that number is consistently at 60%. So we have obviously seen a big shift in those who give digitally vs with check or cash. The other obvious is there is a cost for doing business that way in the fees associated with digital giving.

On to the question- I don't have exact numbers for comparison of online worshippers vs in-house. I think those numbers would be skewed somewhat by people who are members/connected to another church, but watch our services online. We have those weekly, both live and later in the week. Those people would be giving to their church, rather than to our church, which is to be expected.

I don't have a specific comparison, but I can say that our giving is strong, and is more digital than "paper" at this point. FYI we are an in-house congregation of about 450-500.
Acts Enthusiast
8/26/23 8:43 am

Post Re: Online vs in house giving Cojak
[quote="4thgeneration".................
I don't have a specific comparison, but I can say that our giving is strong, and is more digital than "paper" at this point. FYI we are an in-house congregation of about 450-500.[/quote]

The entire comment is appreciated, but it is great to hear solid congregations. so many are down below the 50 mark and struggling.
Our home church was a steady 200-250 congregation for many years, then dropped to 150 then a steady 100 now we seldom break the 60 mark.

Thanks....
8/26/23 2:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic