Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

One of the best teachings on the Holy Spirit.....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post One of the best teachings on the Holy Spirit..... caseyleejones
Yes, it is Benny Hinn. This was 30+ years ago. I know, we don't like Benny Hinn here. I am not a fan of his and do not follow him but lately been listening to Kathryn Kuhlman. Approach with an open mind. Or just ignore....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqLhOa34fcI&t=2141s
Acts-perienced Poster
7/14/23 9:09 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Casey, son, when ya gonna quit listenin/watchin all this here craziness? Reminds the ole timer a ole Shane Vaughan's obsession with William Branham.

Kathryn Kuhlman?
EW Kenyon?
Kenneth Hagin?

You might as well be listenin/watchin Mary Baker Eddy's Christian Science cult.
Acts-pert Poster
7/15/23 4:21 pm

Post UncleJD
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Casey, son, when ya gonna quit listenin/watchin all this here craziness? Reminds the ole timer a ole Shane Vaughan's obsession with William Branham.

Kathryn Kuhlman?
EW Kenyon?
Kenneth Hagin?

You might as well be listenin/watchin Mary Baker Eddy's Christian Science cult.

Did you guys see "Jesus Revolution"? I liked how they dealt with Kathryne Kuhlman. They didnt' come out and say she was a charlatan, but they showed that as soon as Lonnie Frisbie got involved with her that he started skidding off the edge into the same kind of things (eventually ending his relationship with Calvary Chapel).
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/18/23 4:27 pm

Post caseyleejones
Yes, I saw it. Not all of that movie was verbatim according to Lauries own admission. It was just a 2 hour summary. Great movie.

KK was not addressed in a negative light in that movie. It is just that KK had a hand in the Jesus movement. Frisbee was a godly person but was a loose canon. I saw no implication in the film regarding KK though. KK was odd. I talked with people who followed her. Bottom line, she was odd. But, there really was no denying some of the miracles that took place there.

It goes to show that God uses imperfect vessels like Frisbee.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/18/23 5:11 pm

Post caseyleejones
Let me qualify my above comment in regards to LF attempting to walk in the gifts. It seems the movie validated him operating in the gifts and it being legit. At the same time, when the gifts were not in operation, he kept trying to manufacture things. Which by the way has happened in bible times even till now. Acts-perienced Poster
7/18/23 6:20 pm

Post The best teaching on the Holy Spirit… FLRon
Is found in the Bible. Which, I might add, never one time describes the Holy Spirit in the manner in which Hinn, Kuhlman, and others of their tribe portray Him. Scripture describes the Holy Spirit as a teacher, a source of power to witness, the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of prophecy, and many other functions necessary for the building up of God’s people.
No place does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit in the manner He is portrayed toddy.
7/19/23 1:46 pm

Post Re: The best teaching on the Holy Spirit… caseyleejones
FLRon wrote:
Is found in the Bible. Which, I might add, never one time describes the Holy Spirit in the manner in which Hinn, Kuhlman, and others of their tribe portray Him. Scripture describes the Holy Spirit as a teacher, a source of power to witness, the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of prophecy, and many other functions necessary for the building up of God’s people.
No place does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit in the manner He is portrayed toddy.

I am not sure what toddy means. How do they describe him that you disagree with? Also, you use the argument of using the bible as the best source. I totally agree. But you don't believe there are teachers in the body of Christ?

Looked up toddy. An alcoholic drink. Admittedly, lost on that.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/19/23 2:57 pm

Post georgiapath
I think that was supposed to be "today" just was spelled wrong. Acts-dicted
7/20/23 4:09 am

Post caseyleejones
georgiapath wrote:
I think that was supposed to be "today" just was spelled wrong.

Well duh.....makes sense. Thank you. A tad slow on my part.

No place does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit in the manner He is portrayed today.

What part of the message is the HS not adequately portrayed? He used the Word for every single point.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/20/23 8:22 am

Post UncleJD
caseyleejones wrote:
Yes, I saw it. Not all of that movie was verbatim according to Lauries own admission. It was just a 2 hour summary. Great movie.

KK was not addressed in a negative light in that movie. It is just that KK had a hand in the Jesus movement. Frisbee was a godly person but was a loose canon. I saw no implication in the film regarding KK though. KK was odd. I talked with people who followed her. Bottom line, she was odd. But, there really was no denying some of the miracles that took place there.

It goes to show that God uses imperfect vessels like Frisbee.

I watched it twice and got the impression they wanted you to draw your own conclusion in the matter, but it was certainly at the time of the clip of her that he started trying to force it.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/20/23 3:49 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic