Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Where is all the Prophets Prophesyin a Trump Victory?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Where is all the Prophets Prophesyin a Trump Victory? Old Time Country Preacher
Son, they was a dime a dozen in 2019 an 2020. Acts-pert Poster
6/8/23 3:30 pm

Post FLRon
As is usually the case OTCP, the self proclaimed prophets dove back under a log as soon as they were proven to be lying, false prophets. I especially remember one Kent Christmas prophesying about Trumps certainty in getting reelected. One Tim Hill took a shining to him if I remember correctly.

Speaking of which, ya have to wonder how many of them will venture out in the sunlight and prophesy a Republican victory in 2024 after being humiliated so badly. Of course, with that crowd, humility isn’t one of their strong suits.
6/8/23 5:09 pm

Post caseyleejones
Valid post minus the mockery. I know of only a handful of that came out and repented for their error. I wish more would have done that. It does not make them false prophets, but perhaps a flaw in their character. Acts-perienced Poster
6/9/23 5:34 pm

Post Da Sheik
caseyleejones wrote:
Valid post minus the mockery. I know of only a handful of that came out and repented for their error. I wish more would have done that. It does not make them false prophets, but perhaps a flaw in their character.

What does make one a false prophet? Usually these so-called “prophecies” are not anomalies. They are part of a lifestyle or pattern of said prophet. Instead of repenting and confessing the error, they continue on unabated.
Acts Enthusiast
6/10/23 8:31 am

Post Wishful thinking? Mat
Short of a prolonged national revival of holiness, a revival with conviction and repentance on the level of a "great awakening" most of these kinds of prophecies are just wishful thinking.

Some of these prophets(?) were hoping to hit the mega-lottery of fame, where they were the "one" who heard from God, and now everything they say turns to gold.

Yet we Christians are also guilty of wishful thinking as well, wanting a bygone era of Christianity in America to return. Yes, you can get a shout when you proclaim (prophesy) there is a great revival is coming, and surely our urgent travels to what we think is the epicenter(s) of this "great revival" reveals our interest.

We want another Asuza St, but we what to experience from Disney's Main Street. We say we are more theologically advanced then Seymour, yet it seems we see less of the move of the Spirit.

Wishful thinking is not sacrificial faith!

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/10/23 9:01 am

Post Preacher777
Deleted

Last edited by Preacher777 on 6/27/23 6:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
6/10/23 4:02 pm

Post caseyleejones
Da Sheik wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Valid post minus the mockery. I know of only a handful of that came out and repented for their error. I wish more would have done that. It does not make them false prophets, but perhaps a flaw in their character.

What does make one a false prophet? Usually these so-called “prophecies” are not anomalies. They are part of a lifestyle or pattern of said prophet. Instead of repenting and confessing the error, they continue on unabated.

If you miss it on a prophecy, that does not mean you are a false prophet anymore than a young pastor not real deep in the Word is a false teacher for having a bad Wed night message.

That said, some ministers missed it. We all have. The problem here was they kept on truckin' like nothing happened. Some would argue that their repentance is with God. I get that but the prophetic words were public so I think they should address their error public. Many did not.

The prophetic should be happening much more than it is. It is highly misunderstood. If you miss it, admit it. Condemnation from those within the church needs to be throttled back.

I listened to a Nashville pastor, that Christmas guy, talking about a major shift coming and the light of his glory will shine by the end of the year and a thunderous applause happened and this was mid 2021. Generic word, nothing really changed.

As one who believes we need much more prophetic, generic words and not addressing missed words is a serious problem.
Acts-perienced Poster
6/10/23 8:50 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
caseyleejones wrote:
That said, some ministers missed it. We all have.

They is a heap a difference in a young feller "missin it," in his preachin, and a feller standin flatfooted an sayin "Thus saith the Lord," when God didn't do no sayin.
Acts-pert Poster
6/11/23 9:49 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

They is a heap a difference in a young feller "missin it," in his preachin, and a feller standin flatfooted an sayin "Thus saith the Lord," when God didn't do no sayin.

Right on.

If you can just spew any thought in your head and tell us God said it, you really ought to keep your mouth shut in the future.

What good is getting God right 25% of the time? Jeanne Dixon was better than that.

Tell us you think it - not that God said it. You start bearing false witness on God - you are a false prophet. Plain and simple.
6/12/23 6:40 am

Post Where were the spiritual giants calling these false prophets out BEFORE the election? Aaron Scott
While the false prophets crawl into the woodwork, the faux "spiritual giants" who didn't say, "No, that is NOT what God is saying," are crawling out of the woodwork.

What happened it we all took a "wait and see" approach, then, upon finding out the prophets were wrong, some began to celebrate about how they prophets were wrong. Yeah, but where were these guys before that?

Exactly.

Further, Tim Hill did NOT "take a shining" to a false prophet. If I recall right, he even addressed this at some point. I never picked up AT ALL that Tim Hill was endorsing this guy.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/12/23 10:09 am

Post Re: Where were the spiritual giants calling these false prophets out BEFORE the election? Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
While the false prophets crawl into the woodwork, the faux "spiritual giants" who didn't say, "No, that is NOT what God is saying," are crawling out of the woodwork.

What happened it we all took a "wait and see" approach, then, upon finding out the prophets were wrong, some began to celebrate about how they prophets were wrong. Yeah, but where were these guys before that?

Exactly.

Further, Tim Hill did NOT "take a shining" to a false prophet. If I recall right, he even addressed this at some point. I never picked up AT ALL that Tim Hill was endorsing this guy.

So a false prophet must be called out as a false prophet BEFORE the prophesy has a chance to be fulfilled? Other wise when he gets it wrong - you are now not allowed to say anything?

Should all false "prophets" get a participation trophy too?

Preposterous.
6/12/23 10:54 am

Post NBF... Aaron Scott
No, I'm not saying that at all.

What I AM saying, you preposterous person you, is that some are strutting around making mocking statements about these false prophets. If they had called them out beforehand--"This is a false prophecy"--I could understand a little strutting. But as it is, they waited until the could get away with strutting.

And since you strut quite often, I think you should be more aware of this than anyone!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
6/12/23 11:14 am

Post Da Sheik
Most of this ilk want to function like an Old Testament prophet and yet their lives and ministries bear little to no resemblance to that. All I hear are generic messages about prosperity, promotion, and politics. Where is the call to repentance? Surely this would be foremost in the mind of the true prophet. Acts Enthusiast
6/12/23 1:50 pm

Post caseyleejones
caseyleejones wrote:

Seriously, did you not read the whole thing? Reread then come back. I thought I made that clear.

I have read this whole thread. What am I missing? It seems that we all have a general agreement here or at least a general consensus on this. Maybe time to shut the thread down while we are all ahead.
Acts-perienced Poster
6/12/23 7:41 pm

Post Re: NBF... Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:

What I AM saying, you preposterous person you, is that some are strutting around making mocking statements about these false prophets. If they had called them out beforehand--"This is a false prophecy"--I could understand a little strutting. But as it is, they waited until the could get away with strutting.

And since you strut quite often, I think you should be more aware of this than anyone!

True. I strut quite often. And I am right 99.99% of the time - but yet I wouldn't presume to call myself a prophet.
6/13/23 6:40 am

Post Re: NBF... Aaron Scott
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

True. I strut quite often. And I am right 99.99% of the time - but yet I wouldn't presume to call myself a prophet.

I doubt anyone else will call you one either. But I have other suggestions for things they can call you--and things they can hurl at you.
6/15/23 3:35 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Can anyone list the ones who prophesied that Trump would win? I really didn't pay any attention early on in his campaign because I couldn't understand how he could lose. Of course, I remember some even thought he would take the reins in the middle of Biden's term which was far fetched to me. So, I really would like to know who gave the prophesy that he would be re-elected. Friendly Face
6/17/23 2:58 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Can anyone list the ones who prophesied that Trump would win?

Here is just a few of em:

Katt Kerr
Kenny Copeland
Shane Vaughn (Yep, Ole Blessedin... hisself)
Paula the Messed Up Mississippi Girl
Pat Robertson
Shawn Bolz
Jeremiah Johnson
Greg Locke
Acts-pert Poster
6/17/23 5:35 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
Most of this ilk want to function like an Old Testament prophet and yet their lives and ministries bear little to no resemblance to that. All I hear are generic messages about prosperity, promotion, and politics. Where is the call to repentance? Surely this would be foremost in the mind of the true prophet.

TRue DAT!

Also true about generic messages!

Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/17/23 9:59 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Thank you for the answer. I am going to keep a running list. If anyone wants to add to this, please do. I don't know if anyone apologized except Jeremiah Johnson but he is back on FB after taking a leave.
Thanks again.
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Can anyone list the ones who prophesied that Trump would win?

Here is just a few of em:

Katt Kerr
Kenny Copeland
Shane Vaughn (Yep, Ole Blessedin... hisself)
Paula the Messed Up Mississippi Girl
Pat Robertson
Shawn Bolz
Jeremiah Johnson
Greg Locke
Friendly Face
6/18/23 2:02 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic