Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do our churches still preach the rapture?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do our churches still preach the rapture? roughridercog
When is the last time you personally preached a message on it? Was it pre, mid, or post?
3/10/21 8:06 am

Post Cojak
The terms are still sorta strange to me, the 'pre-mid-post.'
I cannot remember the last 'sermon' I heard that was 'centered' on the rapture, but our pastor does cover(mention) the Rapture in many sermons and teaching.
There is no doubt he is what I consider 'old school' or absolutely 'PREtrib'.
I had never heard of any other interpretation of the Rapture until the past 20-30 years. I have NEVER heard a sermon that said anything other than the Rapture takes place 'BEFORE the GREAT Tribulation' in the Church of God.

BUT it has been a very long time since I heard a 'sermon' that centered on the Rapture. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/10/21 10:27 am

Post My Master delays his coming... roughridercog
Has this become the unspoken motto of the modern church world
3/10/21 12:49 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I preach expository messages, generally taking a chapter at a time. I have preached on the only New Testament rapture, the one that Christ said would be after the tribulation of those days. I truly wish I could find the secret pretrib rapture plainly taught in the Bible, like the posttrib rapture is.

As far as “my Lord delayeth His coming,” goes, it appears quite obvious to me that, as 2 Peter 3 says, He is in fact giving people more time to repent, and has delayed His coming so that more people can be saved. That doesn’t mean we should ever be lackadaisical about the return of the Lord, not at all. Being prepared as best one can be for the persecution of the AntiChrist, loving not one’s life, even unto death, should be a powerful motivator to pursue the holiness, without which no one shall see God. If the pretrib secret rapture turns out to be correct, I’ll be happy as can be, but I just don’t see anything but the rapture at the Second Coming in Scripture.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/10/21 7:17 pm

Post roughridercog
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I preach expository messages, generally taking a chapter at a time. I have preached on the only New Testament rapture, the one that Christ said would be after the tribulation of those days. I truly wish I could find the secret pretrib rapture plainly taught in the Bible, like the posttrib rapture is.

As far as “my Lord delayeth His coming,” goes, it appears quite obvious to me that, as 2 Peter 3 says, He is in fact giving people more time to repent, and has delayed His coming so that more people can be saved. That doesn’t mean we should ever be lackadaisical about the return of the Lord, not at all. Being prepared as best one can be for the persecution of the AntiChrist, loving not one’s life, even unto death, should be a powerful motivator to pursue the holiness, without which no one shall see God. If the pretrib secret rapture turns out to be correct, I’ll be happy as can be, but I just don’t see anything but the rapture at the Second Coming in Scripture.

Notice what happened to the servant who said his master is delaying his coming. He began to abuse his fellow servants. There is a danger that goes with that remark.
As far as the Lord delaying to give people more room to repent, is that even biblical? Isn't the rapture and return of Christ already set in the prophetic calendar.
It's not like the Lord says, "I was going to come back on Tuesday, but I changed my mind. I will do it on Saturday."
3/12/21 8:22 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I am not abusing anyone. I am taking what 2 Peter 3 says about the coming of the Lord and seeking to apply it faithfully. I don’t see any good reason from Scripture to say that the rapture is already set in stone as far as its date. According to Jesus the end coming depends on when the gospel shall be preached into all nations (tribes) for a witness. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/12/21 6:49 pm

Post roughridercog
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I am not abusing anyone. I am taking what 2 Peter 3 says about the coming of the Lord and seeking to apply it faithfully. I don’t see any good reason from Scripture to say that the rapture is already set in stone as far as its date. According to Jesus the end coming depends on when the gospel shall be preached into all nations (tribes) for a witness.

But does that put it in mans hands rather than God's divine schedule and timetable?
3/12/21 7:38 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic