Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

South GA COG "Better Together" Conf features Methodist Superintendent Tate

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post South GA COG "Better Together" Conf features Methodist Superintendent Tate doyle
Bennie Tate, Senior Pastor of Rock Springs Church in Milner, GA (Near Griffin) and about 40 miles South of Atlanta, is scheduled to be the Guest Speaker for three early-March South Georgia COG "Better Together" Conferences. https://sgacog.org/

http://www.rockspringsonline.com/original/

Starting years ago with about 20 people meeting in a tiny building in a cow pasture, Pastor Bennie Tate has led the Rock Springs Church to over 5,000 in pre-COVID attendance. The now massive church facility and grounds are still so isolated until Tate sometimes teasingly refers to their address as EE-I-EE-I-O, Georgia.

Don't let his country-boy persona mislead you. Bennie Tate is a formidable presence in the Pulpit, a Pastor whose church worship services are powerful in Spirit. He is also a dynamic leader in the Congregational Methodist Denomination. Last year, his Rock Springs Church hosted their leadership conference.

The massive Sanctuary was packed with hundreds of ministerial couples.
As a representative from a radio station where my devotions were broadcast, I attended the Conference. Not only was there Bible "Meat-of-the-Word" on them-there-bones, the worship was deeply moving.

If you can get to the South Georgia "Better Together" Conferences, you will hear from a dynamic Conservative Bible teacher and preacher who HAS, AND IS daily involved in church planting and building.

One saying of Bennie Tate's you will remember and probably use at times; "Eternity Is Too Long To Get It Wrong."

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373

Last edited by doyle on 3/14/21 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
2/24/21 12:04 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
For many years, both his worship pastor and youth pastor were Church of God "boys". Their worship style is nearly indistinguishable from an AG or COG service.

I know of several Congregational Methodist churches around the US that this is true of.

As a classical pentecostal Wesleyan holiness movement, much of the methodist church resonates deeply with me.

Over the last 10+ years I have has several families come to the COG from Methodist churches. The DNA has many similarities. I have found them very open to our style of worship and teaching.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/24/21 7:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic