Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Can Al Sharpton Preach? (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Can Al Sharpton Preach? (L) Link
I've looked at some clips of different preachers, Warnock, who won the senate race, VP Harris' pastor, who I just saw throwing out a few verses and using it as a spring board to talk about civil rights and legislation they wanted to see, liberation theology, and such. I wonder how many 'Black churches' are out there that preach liberation theology, and I wonder if the Gospel is actually ever preached. (I don't usually care much for the term 'the black church' which I hear from time to time, but I will use it in this post.)

Going to predominantly white Pentecostal and Charismatic churches, some racially mixed churches, Indonesian churches and churches in Hawaii with a certain ethnic mix, I have a certain idea of what should be preached in church from the word of God. I have to admit some churches are thin on gospel-- like 'repeat this prayer' you are saved without telling about the death and resurrection of Christ. But there are still plenty of churches out there where the Bible is taught... not just used as a spring board. I have occasionally heard a right-wing political message in one of these churches. One church that comes to mind was in Hawaii where white, or 'pure white' people were rare. There might have been one or two others.

I am curious what MLK's sermons' were like and if he preached the Gospel.

I was also thinking about Al Shaprton.

I came across this clip? He was ordained COGIC? Does he preach that much different from any Pentecostal preacher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC6OPV34yxM

I know he's using a 'black church' style, for example with the organ, but otherwise, is his preaching much different from a COG precaher's, apart from style?
Acts-perienced Poster
1/24/21 8:07 pm

Post Cojak
I attended one Black COG down in Florida near Melborne. That preacher could preach, and blessed my soul.
I did two youth camps as Bible Teacher during the day, At night all I heard were great sermons, Bible related and POSITIVE. I never heard a racial or political sermon.

I would guess that Sharpton could keep the attention of a congregation with a well polished sermon (speech or lecture), whether anointed or just a good speaker I have no idea.

Most of my contact with Black ministers has been interacting with COG pastors and preachers. Embarassed

BUT as for Sharpton , I have little respect for the man and his opinions. Just my opinion. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/24/21 8:47 pm

Post Link
Cojak wrote:
I attended one Black COG down in Florida near Melborne. That preacher could preach, and blessed my soul.
I did two youth camps as Bible Teacher during the day, At night all I heard were great sermons, Bible related and POSITIVE. I never heard a racial or political sermon.

I would guess that Sharpton could keep the attention of a congregation with a well polished sermon (speech or lecture), whether anointed or just a good speaker I have no idea.

Most of my contact with Black ministers has been interacting with COG pastors and preachers. Embarassed

BUT as for Sharpton , I have little respect for the man and his opinions. Just my opinion. Embarassed

There is closed caption if you want to read his sermon in the link. I don't know how accurate that is.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/25/21 9:55 am

Post I don't know and JLarry
I will never know because I would never listen to that man preach. He is the worst racist I think I have ever heard.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
2/8/21 7:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic