Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When Pence's actions mean....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post When Pence's actions mean.... Aaron Scott
Pence is, in my opinion, the best man in the Trump administration. He was dealt a tough hand in trying to cope with some of Trump's outrages, but if anyone every played the role of "David" to Trump's "Saul," I'd have to say that Pence did about as good a job as anyone could have done.

He could have gutted Trump by splitting the administration into a Pence faction and a Trump faction (after all, Pence couldn't be fired), but he didn't. No doubt there were many things that forced him to grit his teeth, but he stayed low-key, working from within, and modeling faithfulness.

Here's the thing: Pence had an active and huge interest in Trump winning reelection. And so he had plenty of reasons to try to upend everything and do what Trump was wanting him to do.

But today, Pence showed enough courage to be included in "Profiles of Courage," if it were being written today. He was in a no-win situation. To do what Trump wanted was to act on claims that cannot be proven...and to not do what Trump wanted was to expose himself to the most withering criticism of Trump and his most vile supporters.

Pence did the right thing.

YES, I wish Trump had won, for with all his foibles, I still think his policies are far superior to to anything Biden brings. But Trump did not win. And in our nation, it's not who has the best policies who wins...but who has the most votes.

If there was wrong doing, we've had two months for them be surfaced. NOT in "claims" about this or that, but in EVIDENCE. If claims were all that mattered, Trump would have been impeached and then lost the trial in the Senate--because there seemed to be no end to the claims of collusion and obstruction. But the EVIDENCE, which Mueller respected (but the Democrats did not), did not prove the case.

Likewise, we cannot overturn an election on "claims." Bring the evidence...or bring your suitcase so you can pack up and leave.

While I do believe that Trump accomplished things that other presidents couldn't (or at least never did--e.g., moving the embassy to Jerusalem, brokering recognition of Israel with Muslim nations, etc.), I do not support his continued claims of the election being stolen. We hear you, Mr. Trump...but we need you to SHOW us.

He brought unrest to a country over his unproveable claims. He has LITERALLY brought about the possibility of this not being a peaceful transfer of power. That is unforgiveable in a republic, for it takes us down to a might makes right standing, rather than one where we respect the vote.

If Pence runs for president, I don't know if he will be able to overcome all the baggage that comes with Trump, but I'd be happy to vote for him.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/6/21 8:08 pm

Post Cojak
Very well written. I too wonder if Pence or any Republican has a chance. HOWEVER after showing this side of himself, maybe just maybe some solid hard thinking men and women can realize we still need some conservative minds in government.

I fully believe that the loss of the senate falls right at Mr. Trumps feet.

Tonight has not been good for my nerves, watching our capital building be disgraced. Crying or Very sadI was also sickened at the language of the protestors and the written signs that were disgusting. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/6/21 8:40 pm

Post Link
Pence would likely have difficulty getting support from Trump fanatics for not sending election results back to the states. I could imagine a scenario where he was chosen as the kind of boring compromise candidate like Biden. I like him. He's the kind of guy you might want to have for your kids little league coach or to serve on the board of your non-profit foundation, and a nice guest to have for dinner. Acts-perienced Poster
1/7/21 12:38 am

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
Pence would likely have difficulty getting support from Trump fanatics for not sending election results back to the states. .....

While watching that craziness develop at our Capitol Building, I thought of Jim Jones fanatics. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/7/21 11:26 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic