Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Jimmy cracked corn and I really don't care

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Jimmy cracked corn and I really don't care Richard L Shores
A couple of weeks ago I began a thread that included some links to news stories as well as other reference citations that points to the idea that the number of covid deaths has been overstated. The stories that I linked quoted from data on the CDC's own website.

The rules on this board say we should link to sources or cite the references in order to "allow the viewer the ability to judge as to whether he or she has confidence in that source." Even though I did both of those things, it was decided by one person that the thread should go into double secret probation where no one could see it. So much for allowing the viewers to be the judge. It was moved under the guise of allowing the other moderators time to view it and discuss it. At this point the thread has not been moved back to this part of the board. There was nothing wrong with the information in the thread. As I said earlier, the stories cited data on the CDC website. It appears to me that the thread was moved because one person disagreed with it and because it didn't line up with their preferred narrative.

When I questioned this action I was sent to the abyss, put in timeout for a period of time. I know longer care if I have posting privileges here. I refuse to waste my time on a discussion board that allows one person to implement Big Tech style censorship when they read something they don't agree with.

Adios mis hermanos y hermanas.

I am not a complete idiot; some pieces are missing.
Friendly Face
12/11/20 12:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I moved your thread, which was full of conspiracy theory misinterpretations about the CDC info, so it could be further discussed. That was it.

You did not "question" the action. You started spamming the board about it. Another admin (*not* me) banned you for that, because it against the rules. That same admin lifted your ban three days later (after I encouraged him to do so).

We worked through the issue with Doyle and he came to a decision about how this will be handled moving forward, which all admins including myself endorse.

It really doesn't have to be this dramatic.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/20 1:07 pm

Post ?? Richard L Shores
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I moved your thread, which was full of conspiracy theory misinterpretations about the CDC info, so it could be further discussed. That was it.

According to who? How do you form a conspiracy theory from actual data on the CDC website?

From other posts I've read I know you disregard anything you disagree with as a conspiracy theory (without providing documentation) and discount news sources you don't take seriously. Just because you don't like the source doesn't make it a conspiracy theory.

Last edited by Richard L Shores on 12/11/20 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
12/11/20 1:16 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
The theory that there is a conspiracy to overstate COVID deaths is, by definition, a conspiracy theory. The 6% thing has been done to death, no pun intended. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/20 1:17 pm

Post Not a theory Richard L Shores
Dave Dorsey wrote:
The theory that there is a conspiracy to overstate COVID deaths is, by definition, a conspiracy theory.

It's not a theory when the data backs up the claim.

Friendly Face
12/11/20 1:19 pm

Post Richard doyle
It is exactly as Dave shared. One of your posts was set aside for review. The reason I know, is because I'm one of the reviewers.

From what I can see, another of your post "We Are Being Played," is still up. I too think half the stuff in the news about COVID is manipulated to make one party look good and the other party look bad. WE get that.

Your post of being upset with us, is still up. There is no conspiracy against you personally. You have every right never, ever to post here again. I hope you will continue to post. You have been a friend and participant of the Board for some time now.

The purpose of the Board is for people to have access to each other, to share their heart on the issues. We make a great effort to keep posts on the Board, but sometimes, we need time to review them. Hardly ever happens, but it does. Blessings.

Doyle
404-933-1373
writedoyle@gmail.com

Doyle
12/11/20 2:19 pm

Post Re: Richard Richard L Shores
doyle wrote:
It is exactly as Dave shared. One of your posts was set aside for review. The reason I know, is because I'm one of the reviewers.

From what I can see, another of your post "We Are Being Played," is still up. I too think half the stuff in the news about COVID is manipulated to make one party look good and the other party look bad. WE get that.

Your post of being upset with us, is still up. There is no conspiracy against you personally. You have every right never, ever to post here again. I hope you will continue to post. You have been a friend and participant of the Board for some time now.

The purpose of the Board is for people to have access to each other, to share their heart on the issues. We make a great effort to keep posts on the Board, but sometimes, we need time to review them. Hardly ever happens, but it does. Blessings.

Doyle
404-933-1373
writedoyle@gmail.com

Doyle

Doyle, thank you for taking the time to reach out to me.

However, I'm done here. I'm not going to waste my time posting on a discussion board when the things you write can simply be moved because one guy doesn't like it or it doesn't fit his narrative.

There was nothing wrong with the other thread. All of my sources were linked and references were cited. The info I posted came straight from data on the CDC's own website. The fact that there is so much disagreement in the medical community about all of this covid stuff is evidence that the science is not nearly as settled as people here say that it is. And there is just no point in coming here if you're going to act like Fackebook or Twitter and simply move, block, or delete things you disagree with while giving no one a chance to discuss it (silly me, I thought this was a discussion board).

And on a side note, it was speculated that I posted things here that I couldn't get past the "fact checkers" on those other sites. Everything I posted in that thread I have also put on my Fakebook page and they are still up. So much for that claim.

With that I will say Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Friendly Face
12/14/20 7:22 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic