Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

So, Biden takes office, What then?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post So, Biden takes office, What then? Cojak
I liked Dean's post, 'What if it flips?' But in my opinion that will not happen. I have heard predictions all my life from: "If Ike is elected we will have a WWIII, He is a general and Generals do WAR!"
To JFK:
"When a Catholic gets in we will be controlled by the Vatican!"

All previous cases have been as Dean said in this quote:
If Biden wins & is confirmed we will have no choice other than to accept the facts & move on ...barring of course all legal challenges have been ratified.

I have heard so many Apocalypse type statements that are worse than ANY I have heard so far.

What do you really, truthfully expect to happen that will effect the Church and your life?

Qualifier: This POST is assuming Biden remains in office the full 4 years. Please do not consider Ms Harris replacing Biden, because then the WHOLE outlook changes and using an old well known statement, "Then ALL BETS ARE OFF! Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/8/20 11:44 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Pretty much nothing, IMO -- just like the apocalyptic predictions for the two Obama terms and the one Trump term amounted to pretty much nothing. Especially, in this case, since the government will be divided.

Obama made some significant leftward progress in his first two years, but he did basically nothing for the remainder of his two terms. Trump had Congress his first two years and didn't do much with it, and he's done less now that he doesn't have it. The same will be true for Biden, even if the Dems win both races in GA and technically capture Congress, which I think is unlikely.

For sure, without doubt, without hesitation, the church of Jesus Christ -- the true church, not the church of political idolatry -- will march on in glory and victory.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/20 12:48 pm

Post I agree with David... Aaron Scott
As in the Church of God, many churches are "islands in the stream." That is, most of them operate pretty independently of the leadership. This does not mean that they don't obey those over them, or that they are preaching heresy, etc. It simply means that unless you are flat-out doing something that forces the leadership to take notice (e.g., preaching rebellion, false doctrine, not sending in your tithe of the tithe, etc.), you can pretty much operate as you wish.

I heard that one former pastor of my church (I don't know who) was being removed by the state for some reason. The State Office sent a representative, who showed up one Sunday morning to tell the church that the pastor (who was there!) was being removed, etc. Then the representative just left....

That's what I heard. There may be more to the story, but, well, if you've been around the COG a while, yeah, things like that can happen on occasion. For all I know, the representative had to visit another couple of churches that same day, then head back to Tampa. Who knows?

Towns operate similarly. I've know of places that are very religious and will have prayer before and after official meetings, or the such. I've known of public schools that are admirably religious/Christian in nature. In these small towns, not only is virtually everyone either religious or at least in accord with such things, but if someone isn't, well, they don't want to speak up, since they will have the ire of the place turned on them.

I have long thought of a way to put prayer back in the school system....

To begin with, you start with a very religious school district. You get buy in from the folks around the area. And then you have school prayer. You design it such that kids who don't want to pray, don't feel like the odd person out, etc.

If the governor doesn't like it, the word may go down to the sheriff to make them stop praying. But let's assume they pray anyway.

Well, that sheriff, perhaps a religious man himself, knows that if he does that, he won't be elected dog-catcher in the future.

But in truth, the governor, if he's conservative, knows that he will never get elected to the Senate or President if he is seen as crushing religious freedom (and, well, that's really what it is).

It seems to me, that such a thing would ripple from small towns to larger ones. Now, if there is a Muslim enclave where most of the students are Muslim, if they want to do Muslim prayer in school, OK. If the people agree, and no child is forced to do it, great.

Now, IDEALLY, it's always and only Christian prayer. But when you consider that with the exception of perhaps a handful of districts, most schools districts are overwhelmingly Christian, that's not a bad bet to take. And if a district doesn't want to have school prayer (even if overwhelmingly Christian), then, fine, don't. Of course, if the people DO want prayer, they might "unelect" them the next election and try again.

Just my thoughts.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/8/20 2:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic