Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I am pro-life. Can get a definitive from the Word that life begins at

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I am pro-life. Can get a definitive from the Word that life begins at caseyleejones
conception? The fact that God has put in mans hands to create eternal beings leads to believe that He brings life at conception and not the 4 month....or 9 month....

THANKS
Acts-perienced Poster
10/21/20 7:37 pm

Post casey...no Aaron Scott
No, there is no verse that indicates that as a principle.

This doesn't mean that God doesn't have plans for us even while we are still in he womb...or for that matter, before we are even conceived (see Samson, John the Baptist, and Jesus, etc.).

But while there is no specific scripture (that I know of), there are certain PRINCIPLES from scripture that make abortion wrong.

First, we know that an infant is part of the "image of God" that humans carry. A beautiful woman...or a very unattractive one are BOTH in God's image in some way. So, too, the old man, the young man, the baby...and the unborn.

Second, as I mentioned above, God has revealed that He has had plans for people BEFORE they were born or even conceived. It may be--and I think it is the truth--that God has plans for EVERY PERSON...but we simply may not be aware of them. So that should give us pause.

Third, Jesus spoke of suffering the little children to come to Him, for of such was the Kingdom of Heaven. That should give us pause also.

Now, these will almost certainly not work on a non-believer, for the could care less about the principles of the scriptures. But if a believer is sincerely looking for scriptural evidence, it's there.

BUT IT MUST BE ADMITTED THAT THERE IS AT LEAST SOME SCRIPTURAL EVIDENCE IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

For instance, in the OT, if two men were fighting and a pregnant woman was accidentally injured and lost the baby, the guilty party was NOT put to death (which would seem at odds with matters if the Bible was holding that an unborn child was as completely human as the you and I).

There is also a verse about life being in the blood. So, there being no blood of the child at the moment of conception (so far as I know), that might make some have a certain view.

When God breathed into Adam, it was then that Adam became a living soul. Some could argue that it is breath that is the line over which a fetus must cross to be considered fully human.

But since there is not a clear dividing line, we have no absolute reason to suppose that life is not considered to begin at conception.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/22/20 10:06 am

Post Link
If I recall correctly, the Septuagint rendering of the passage in Exodus 21 prescribed a death penalty for a case in which a man causes a abortion of a pregnant woman's baby. Acts-perienced Poster
10/25/20 7:42 am

Post Link Aaron Scott
Link wrote:
If I recall correctly, the Septuagint rendering of the passage in Exodus 21 prescribed a death penalty for a case in which a man causes a abortion of a pregnant woman's baby.

The verses in question are, I think, from Exodus 21:

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

I do not know what "any mischief follow" means, but maybe you do.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/26/20 9:28 am

Post Da Sheik
You could go even further back than conception. The Bible says that God chose believers in Him before the foundation of the world. Acts Enthusiast
10/26/20 9:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic