Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

According to all news sources: John Legend and wife lost their baby of 12-16 weeks in the womb.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post According to all news sources: John Legend and wife lost their baby of 12-16 weeks in the womb. caseyleejones
I know this is a sensitive topic. Lost two here ourselves, I noticed how all the media sources including CNN address it as a baby. They even named him Jack. This is not pointed at the Legends but the media how they got it right in this case by calling it a baby. I know you can’t say that the Legends lost a clump of cells. Still, the media calls it a baby. In other words, a baby is a baby based on the desire of the parents. Acts-perienced Poster
10/1/20 12:40 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I noticed the same thing. Definitely no criticism toward the parents from me either. We lost four and I am well acquainted with the pain. This was a baby they intended to bring to term and their loss is concrete and real, whatever their beliefs on the topic in general. I have prayed more than once for them today, as I have seen the news scrolling past me.

But I noticed the same concerning the media. Whether the baby is human depends entirely on the viewpoint of its mother. That's not at all inconsistent with pro-choice dogma. But it's a senseless way to identify whether a life is real and worth protecting.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/1/20 2:28 pm

Post Again, this is not directed at the Legends....I feel their grief caseyleejones
even though they should never posted all over social media.

Every single media outlet......"baby".
Acts-perienced Poster
10/1/20 6:58 pm

Post Re: According to all news sources: John Legend and wife lost their baby of 12-16 weeks in the womb. Link
caseyleejones wrote:
I know this is a sensitive topic. Lost two here ourselves, I noticed how all the media sources including CNN address it as a baby. They even named him Jack. This is not pointed at the Legends but the media how they got it right in this case by calling it a baby. I know you can’t say that the Legends lost a clump of cells. Still, the media calls it a baby. In other words, a baby is a baby based on the desire of the parents.

I just had to Google John Legend. I think I saw something about this online this morning.

Let's pray for them.
Acts-perienced Poster
10/2/20 10:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic