Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

God is a Spirit, but He has a Mind, Heart, and Soul...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post God is a Spirit, but He has a Mind, Heart, and Soul... Aaron Scott
It's in Jeremiah.

It seems some years ago, Benny Hinn was criticized for saying something along the lines of the Trinity is not just three...it's nine. He was apparently counting whole mind, heart, soul, etc.

Thoughts?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/23/20 6:58 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Benny said there's nine of "them" (AFAIK, he has since recanted).

Aaron... is there a person revealed in Scripture called God the Heart? God the Soul? God the Mind?

Is there any reference in Scripture to nine persons of the Godhead?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/23/20 4:35 pm

Post It was an off the cuff joke. I heard it.....man is a 3 fold caseyleejones
being. Spirit soul and body.....

Each part of the trinity was a spirit with a soul and body...he wondered....

nothing to see here.....
Acts-perienced Poster
9/23/20 6:31 pm

Post Dave... Aaron Scott
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Benny said there's nine of "them" (AFAIK, he has since recanted).

Aaron... is there a person revealed in Scripture called God the Heart? God the Soul? God the Mind?

Is there any reference in Scripture to nine persons of the Godhead?

I don't believe there are nine. I was just pointing out that I had found a reference to God having a mind, heart, soul, etc.

HOWEVER, you won't find anywhere in the scripture that says God the Son or God the Holy Ghost. (Even thought we tend to espouse that sentiment per belief in the trinity...which, as I'm sure you know, I do not believe is well-supported in scripture, even if I feel that Jesus IS indeed God, as is His Father, as is the Holy Ghost.)
9/23/20 7:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Oh boy. I called where this one was going. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/23/20 8:11 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Oh boy. I called where this one was going.
Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/23/20 8:38 pm

Post Dave... Aaron Scott
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Well, that was not my intention...but now that we're here, we should take advantage of the opportunity afforded us.

We BOTH know the truth of the matter: the trinity can't handle all the scriptures, even though we may believe it true.
9/27/20 9:19 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Yeah, no. Nearly two thousands years of Christian orthodoxy, affirmed without question by all branches of the church, has not been wrong.

I'd encourage you -- as I have done repeatedly -- to read some solid systemic theology works so you can start to answer the many, many questions you have. Your inquisitive, curious mind is a gift, but the answers to your questions are out there.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/27/20 9:22 am

Post Carolyn Smith
I've probably shared this before, but I had a good friend kind of go off the deep end once about the Trinity. She said the Lord finally spoke to her and said, "I can be Three or I can be One." She just kinda shrugged it off after that like it was no big deal...
9/27/20 4:42 pm

Post Dave, no sir. Aaron Scott
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Yeah, no. Nearly two thousands years of Christian orthodoxy, affirmed without question by all branches of the church, has not been wrong.

There has been questions for over a thousand years, my friend. That's one reason there is an Eastern church.

I will remind you that for well over 1000 years there was no Pentecostal expression in the orthodox church.

Frankly, I could not care less about what "orthodoxy" says, if it doesn't line up with scripture. I believe most of it does. And, as I have said, just because we cannot prove the trinity from the scriptures does not mean it isn't true. It's just not provable by the scriptures.

BUT SHOULD YOU WISH TO CONTEST MY POINT, then I invite you to explain why God has a God, since Jesus speaks multiple times, even in Revelation, of "My God."

Explain that and we can take this further. I DO stand open to correction on this. NOT that there is a trinity, but that it is provable via the scriptures. I believe that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are all God in some way. I simply don't believe we can say how that works per the scripture. The error is not the notion that all are God. The error, I think, is the way the doctrine is stated.

I'd encourage you -- as I have done repeatedly -- to read some solid systemic theology works so you can start to answer the many, many questions you have. Your inquisitive, curious mind is a gift, but the answers to your questions are out there.

My friend, I have read plenty on the matter. But every time they get to the trinity, it clashes with sola scriptura--that is, it does not address all the scriptures that must be answered to hold that position honestly. However, maybe you have read some books that address the "My God" issue. If so, as I said, I stand open--eager even-for correction.

God bless.

Last edited by Aaron Scott on 10/30/20 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
9/27/20 7:44 pm

Post And that's how the serpent hisses .. again Rafael D Martinez
Aaron Scott wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Well, that was not my intention...but now that we're here, we should take advantage of the opportunity afforded us.

We BOTH know the truth of the matter: the trinity can't handle all the scriptures, even though we may believe it true.

The SEC must be really boring as well as these peeves, so dishing up a little heresy gets attention. For the same character who's done it before and over and over ... nothing new here. Insecurity. Move along.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
10/29/20 10:04 am

Post Just waiting for someone to mention... roughridercog
The Shack

Laughing
10/29/20 3:40 pm

Post Rafael... Aaron Scott
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

The SEC must be really boring as well as these peeves, so dishing up a little heresy gets attention. For the same character who's done it before and over and over ... nothing new here. Insecurity. Move along.

This is the way that the trinity has been kept in play for nearly 2000 years: By decrying it as heresy (punishable by death, I'm sure, if you could have your way).

But to question it is NOT heresy. If nothing else, it should force people to actually know WHY they believe it...instead of "I believe it because...well, to not believe it is heresy."

I don't for a moment say that there is not a Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and that all are in some way divine.

I just am honest enough to point out that you--nor no one else--can answer all the verses that make that STANDARD doctrine of the Trinity untenable.

But just in case you can, you can start with explaining how Jesus has a God. Not just in his days on earth, but even in Revelation He speaks of "My God."

Try that to begin with. But I'm pretty sure you won't/can't.
10/30/20 12:58 pm

Post Link
'Soul' seems to mean something life or self, an individual, or a being in a certain contexts. A lot of Christians think of us as 'tri-part' beings where the soul is some distinct part of us from the soul and the body. Hebrews does refer to the word being sharp like a two-edged sword, dividing soul from spirit and joint from marrow. But it seems quite a leap from that to the tri-part being idea considering the way 'soul' is used throughout scripture. And of course, there are different words translated 'soul.'

In at least one passage, the word translated 'soul' refers to a dead animal carcass.
Acts-perienced Poster
11/2/20 11:04 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic