Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Total Dysfunction

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Total Dysfunction AdamJ
I watched online what I would describe as the State of the Church. If this is an example of the state of the church we are in trouble. The program came across as cheesy and unorganized. Microphones were so dysfunctional and it would have been better off on one particular exchange if the mic had been totally off. Yes we had a great message, but I’m afraid it got lost in the dysfunction. I left it hoping only a few people saw it. I appreciate the effort, but I have to believe this can’t be the best we can do. Hey, DOC
9/21/20 6:03 am

Post Restorationman
How minuscule and petty, Adam J, that you would highlight a technical glitch in a program that seemed hugely organized and technologically fresh to help keep vision at the forefront in a crises time for our world. You are no doubt speaking of the brief conversion between Dr. & Hill and his wife, where he made mention of the fact that it was “live” television and indicated that mishaps can and do happen when the microphone went bad. He smiled and went on. Bottom line the glitch in technology and a bad microphone didn’t take away at all from the visionary message and the way the General Overseer presented it. The videos and fresh new graphics and staging were great.

I encourage you to not mistake the message and the great music and reports for one difficult technological moment.

The leadership of the Church of God has excelled in utilizing all platforms to
Lead the church and keep the church informed frequently and effectively in a time when connectivity is needed as much as possible.
Friendly Face
9/21/20 9:05 am

Post AdamJ
That came across as only one. I will confess I was not a fan of music. That is just a personal preference. Not a Crabb fan. I appreciate the message and the intent, just thought it came across as an embarrassment that, that is the best we could do. I do understand it was just for us as a denomination. Just would not want anyone else to see it and think that is the best our denomination can do. The conversations came across as the old boys club. Hey, DOC
9/21/20 12:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic