Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How far do members of your church drive to get there?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How far do members of your church drive to get there? FLRon
Interested in seeing how far folks are driving to church. I’m guessing the closer the better, but do you have faithful attendees who drive a fair distance to get to your church? Our drive is right at 20 miles, give or take.
8/12/20 3:45 pm

Post SCFIRE
Several between 25 & 45 miles per Sunday Morning
8/12/20 4:03 pm

Post Cojak
Over my life time this has certainly changed. There was a time a member was looked down on if they drove a COG to attend another.
But today most of our people drive 5-30 miles to attend.
When I was stationed in Missouri we drove 60 miles one way to attend church 3 times a week to attend the closest COG because our churches then were like family, very close knit. We have life long friends we met in Moberly, MO, now there is no church there.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/13/20 11:46 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I'm moving next week and will be thirty minutes away. The church is in a suburb of Baltimore, though, so most people can hop on the beltway and be there in 10-15 minutes I'd suspect. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/13/20 12:01 pm

Post For 32 years, I walked to church Aaron Scott
I am adding when I lived in the parsonage with my parents, and my living in the parsonage now, as a pastor.

However, there are churches/pastors that, if I were not pastoring, I would happily drive 50 miles or more.

There are PLENTY of churches/pastors that I would happily drive even 100 or 200 miles once a month or so. But on a regular basis, yeah, there are churches I'd drive 50 miles for.

Our Adult Sunday School teacher drives 60+ miles one way. And he is as regular and faithful as clockwork.

About half of our people (children) walk to church. The other half are, most of them, within 2 miles, with another one or two maybe 6 or 7 miles.

But to be in a great service--and to at least some of the time NOT be known by the pastor/people, since it can make you wear a different face than you'd like to wear--is worth a LONG trip every so often. When they know you, you can feel a bit obligated to "set an example" by standing, clapping, praising, etc., instead of just...receiving.

And if I could find a way back to some of the service of yesteryear--and especially some of the Campmeetings of yesteryear--I would drive a million miles, if necessary.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/13/20 1:29 pm

Post FLRon
This is all great to hear! Our church is located in a small rural area so of course we have a limited number of locals from which to draw. We are working hard however to expand our influence into surrounding areas, which would mean a 30+ minute drive for those folks. I’m thrilled to read that distance isn’t the hardship I thought it might be.
8/13/20 8:57 pm

Post renewal
100 miles one way.. Acts Enthusiast
8/14/20 4:30 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
We are in a very small town of 2000 population. We do have one family that drives over from the nearest town, 20 miles away. Most of our folks are from our town. I don’t think any drive more than a mile in our town. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/14/20 5:31 pm

Post FLRon
renewal wrote:
100 miles one way..

That’s commitment right there!
8/14/20 7:30 pm

Post Preacher777
We have 3 or 4 people who drive about 30 minutes. We also have one person who is about an hour away but due to family obligations she is a rare attendee. Friendly Face
8/15/20 6:40 am

Post Tom Sterbens
These days most don't leave their driveways! Smile Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/15/20 6:15 pm

Post FLRon
Tom Sterbens wrote:
These days most don't leave their driveways! Smile

Point taken!
8/15/20 8:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic