Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How Has Covid-19 Affected Your Local Church?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How Has Covid-19 Affected Your Local Church? Da Sheik
I'm interested to hear how your respective churches are weathering the storm. Acts Enthusiast
8/6/20 10:04 am

Post FLRon
We have been spared, thank the Good Lord. We stopped having services when the governor mandated that, and took our services to the parking lot. Once we were permitted back in the building, our Pastor has made sure we follow all of the CDC as well as state and local guidelines.

We currently have Sunday School, Morning Worship, and Wednesday evening services. No Sunday evening due to the inability to thoroughly clean the building after Sunday morning services.

We do not require masks since we rearranged the sanctuary to follow the social distance guidelines. That said, we are growing in spite of the virus and are running out of room. Fifty percent capacity puts us at 125 people, but we cannot have that many and still social distance. We are at our max capacity distance-wise at a little less than 100 so what we do with more people is yet to be determined. We may have to set them up in the fellowship hall and put the service on the screens in there.

I guess this was a long drawn out answer when I could have just said we’re doing ok.
8/6/20 2:52 pm

Post Re: How Has Covid-19 Affected Your Local Church? UncleJD
Da Sheik wrote:
I'm interested to hear how your respective churches are weathering the storm.

not too well I'm guessing. On top of not getting to go, and I hate watching online, sorry, the pastor went on to bigger and better things right in the middle of all of it. And we are (were) one of the top 10 churches in the A/G. So I don't even know that I have a "local" church anymore, I tried to watch the new pastor (promoted youth pastor), and was only reminded that I'm not a teenager anymore so "relevant preach" doesn't do much for me at all. They opened the doors back up a couple weeks ago, but its "wear a mask", sit 10 ft apart, etc.. and a youth-pastor. I'm the most discouraged about church that I've ever been in my life. I've watched Catholic mass (St. Patrick's in Manhattan), that I enjoy and find more biblical than what's passing for a "service" online at our church. I hope and pray our's is the exception and everyone else is thriving right now.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/6/20 3:07 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
We did church in the parking lot three times a week for like 10 weeks due to our governor’s mandate. Then we started indoor at 25% capacity in June. After my family and I had gone on vacation out of state in early July, our governor added a new mandate that we had to quarantine at home for two weeks upon our return home. So we went to online services through Facebook Live. Then my daughter tested positive for COVID, and we had to quarantine for 10 more days. Thankfully, no one in our family has had bad symptoms. We finally completed quarantine yesterday, and had a service in the sanctuary last night. Lots of people weren’t there for various reasons. So far we have done okay financially through the pandemic. I hope we have a good turnout Sunday.

Also, we have continued to do Facebook Live whether in the sanctuary, parking lot, or at home. This is a new outreach we started when the pandemic began. I am pleased with the amount of ThruPlays our services are getting.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 8/6/20 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/6/20 6:25 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
So glad to hear your daughter and family came through unscathed, QW!

Church has been pretty normal for us as well. We did online only for a couple of months, then as conditions allowed we reopened. Our pastors sent a survey out to see who was interested in coming back for online services, who felt it would be best for them to consider participating remotely, etc. The resulting numbers aligned very closely with the percentage our area permits to gather, so that worked out well.

The church is now holding in-person services with masks, social distancing, and no singing indoors. They have set up screens and speakers and seating outdoors so people can sing and go without masks. Many people start outdoors, then put a mask on and come inside for the sermon. Others (like us) are still joining remotely.

I think our pastors have done a great job working to facilitate community and koinonia even as we remain scattered. They have put a lot of effort into creating opportunities for online gatherings outside of normal services, an online gathering immediately following all services, outdoor worship services and picnics, etc. all while working to adhere fully to our state and county requirements. They have also been sending regular updates concerning their theological thought process as they endeavor to navigate through this season while both obeying God and honoring the law.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/6/20 6:44 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Dave Dorsey wrote:
So glad to hear your daughter and family came through unscathed, QW!

Thanks, Dave!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/6/20 6:57 pm

Post SCFIRE
We opened up on May 24th and we are 3/4 of our regular attendance, the other 1/4 are online and sometime. lol....
We have not suffered financially, actually a little better than normal.
We have had super outreaches to the public and having very strong results.
We also went through a name change that is going real well for us too.
We went from Christian Assembly Worship Center to Zamar Church with 100 % support from the congregation and positive results outside as well. Got a few from the outside that say ! ! ! Whuuuut? But it's here to stay. lol......
8/6/20 7:32 pm

Post Re: How Has Covid-19 Affected Your Local Church? Brandon Bohannon
UncleJD wrote:
Da Sheik wrote:

not too well I'm guessing. On top of not getting to go, and I hate watching online, sorry, the pastor went on to bigger and better things right in the middle of all of it. And we are (were) one of the top 10 churches in the A/G. So I don't even know that I have a "local" church anymore, I tried to watch the new pastor (promoted youth pastor), and was only reminded that I'm not a teenager anymore so "relevant preach" doesn't do much for me at all. They opened the doors back up a couple weeks ago, but its "wear a mask", sit 10 ft apart, etc.. and a youth-pastor. I'm the most discouraged about church that I've ever been in my life. I've watched Catholic mass (St. Patrick's in Manhattan), that I enjoy and find more biblical than what's passing for a "service" online at our church. I hope and pray our's is the exception and everyone else is thriving right now.
If you would prayerfully consider it, we'd love to have you back!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
8/6/20 10:50 pm

Post Da Sheik
One thing we have realized is that a few things we thought were major obstacles before the pandemic have been proven trivial with this new perspective. Acts Enthusiast
8/7/20 6:12 pm

Post Re: How Has Covid-19 Affected Your Local Church? UncleJD
Brandon Bohannon wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Da Sheik wrote:

If you would prayerfully consider it, we'd love to have you back!

Thanks Brandon, you know I love you and Lakeside. We've made a life here in Waxahachie and its just too hard to drive 3 hours round-trip on a Sunday or we certainly would!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/8/20 8:38 am

Post Cojak
Our pastor says we are doing well financially. We were enjoying attending church in the building once a week, but pastor went back to on-line, honoring our overseers request. We hit the road a week ago so we have tried to enjoy the on-line, but we are online by cell and it is a frustration when voice and lips are not in sinc.. We are still able to SEE out local pastor. We are now approaching Iowa and wondering about service in the AM. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/8/20 10:50 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic