Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Mask and Vaccine are for Liberals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: I would be interested in seeing a link Carolyn Smith
Richard L Shores wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Here's a link:

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/trump-just-claimed-people-are-wearing-face-masks-just-because-they-dont-like-him/ar-BB15IRhk

I already read that article before my post. That article does not quote Trump. The writer simply says that Trump said that to the WSJ. However, the writer doesn't offer any documentation or proof that's what Trump said. He's simply writing what he thinks Trump said. Big difference in doing that and offering a direct quote that can be documented. Can you find an article with a direct quote rather than what some writer thinks he said?

I couldn't read the entire WSJ article because I don't have a subscription or any free articles left...this refers to where Trump said it, in an interview with a reporter for the Wall Street Journal. It doesn't look like there is video, just of reference to his saying it during the WSJ interview.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/trump-says-some-wear-coronavirus-masks-to-signal-disapproval-of-him.html
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/3/20 10:54 pm

Post Re: I would be interested in seeing a link Richard L Shores
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Richard L Shores wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Here's a link:

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/trump-just-claimed-people-are-wearing-face-masks-just-because-they-dont-like-him/ar-BB15IRhk

I already read that article before my post. That article does not quote Trump. The writer simply says that Trump said that to the WSJ. However, the writer doesn't offer any documentation or proof that's what Trump said. He's simply writing what he thinks Trump said. Big difference in doing that and offering a direct quote that can be documented. Can you find an article with a direct quote rather than what some writer thinks he said?

I couldn't read the entire WSJ article because I don't have a subscription or any free articles left...this refers to where Trump said it, in an interview with a reporter for the Wall Street Journal. It doesn't look like there is video, just of reference to his saying it during the WSJ interview.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/trump-says-some-wear-coronavirus-masks-to-signal-disapproval-of-him.html

Again, you posted a link to a story where a writer just repeats what someone else said that Trump said it without an actual quote from Trump.

In the story you linked to they do actually quote what Trump said about people taking masks off, touching their eyes, touching their faces. That's an actual quote from Trump. But I have still yet to find and you have yet to post an actual quote of Trump saying that people are wearing masks just to protest him. Every story I have seen and every story you have linked is just writers deciding that's what he said without an actual quote from Trump.

But feel free to keep trying. If there is a story out there that actually quotes Trump saying that then I'd like to see it.

I am not a complete idiot; some pieces are missing.
Friendly Face
8/4/20 8:12 am

Post Re: I would be interested in seeing a link Carolyn Smith
Richard L Shores wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Richard L Shores wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Here's a link:

Again, you posted a link to a story where a writer just repeats what someone else said that Trump said it without an actual quote from Trump.

In the story you linked to they do actually quote what Trump said about people taking masks off, touching their eyes, touching their faces. That's an actual quote from Trump. But I have still yet to find and you have yet to post an actual quote of Trump saying that people are wearing masks just to protest him. Every story I have seen and every story you have linked is just writers deciding that's what he said without an actual quote from Trump.

But feel free to keep trying. If there is a story out there that actually quotes Trump saying that then I'd like to see it.

it is from a video that apparently was not recorded, so all this is print.

Whatever.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/4/20 11:18 am

Post It's in the Wall Street Journal FG Minister
The WSJ interviewed Mr. Trump and HE SAYS in the interview that some people wear masks to show their opposition to him. It's plain. It's simple. He said it. But some people will defend Trump's lunacy no matter what. Keep on believing that masks make you a liberal, and I'll keep laughing from the sidelines... Acts-celerater
8/4/20 11:26 am

Post Re: It's in the Wall Street Journal Eddie Robbins
FG Minister wrote:
The WSJ interviewed Mr. Trump and HE SAYS in the interview that some people wear masks to show their opposition to him. It's plain. It's simple. He said it. But some people will defend Trump's lunacy no matter what. Keep on believing that masks make you a liberal, and I'll keep laughing from the sidelines...

Of course he said it. I heard him say it. Then, his followers stopped wearing masks. Since then, the pandemic has increased. All of this stuff that is being discussed is on his watch. He needs to resign.
Acts-pert Poster
8/4/20 3:29 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
And now the administration is pushing the message that mask usage is patriotic, which I'm very thankful for. I wish they had done this from the beginning rather than sowing doubt about it, and I agree with Eddie that Trump needs to resign, because it's only his tanking poll numbers that got him to say mask usage is important.

But at any rate, he's saying it now, he said it yesterday, he'll probably say it today, and hopefully his followers are listening.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/4/20 5:03 pm

Post Re: It's in the Wall Street Journal Richard L Shores
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Of course he said it. I heard him say it. Then, his followers stopped wearing masks. Since then, the pandemic has increased. All of this stuff that is being discussed is on his watch. He needs to resign.

I know that's what people say, but no one has yet to link the quote. I have seen writers directly quote other things that Trump said in the WSJ story. But not that statement. I'm just curious why if Trump really said that, why are there no direct quotes of it. All I see is someone said that someone said that's what he said. And that's not quoting him. That's writers giving their opinion of what he said.

Here is an example of what the point I'm making. In the story that Carolyn linked the writer provides a direct quote from Trump:

“They put their finger on the mask, and they take them off, and then they start touching their eyes and touching their nose and their mouth,” he told the Journal. “And then they don’t know how they caught it?”

That's exactly how the writer wrote it. He put it in quotations marks and said this is what Trump told the Journal. That's a direct quote. That's not the writer just saying this is something Trump said. Nowhere have I seen and none of you have provided a direct quote that Trump said what you all are saying he said.

And why on earth would Trump resign? He has done a great job managing this crisis. Who says that? That's what Fauci, Redfield, and Giroir all told the House panel they testified before a couple of days ago.

Friendly Face
8/5/20 7:07 am

Post Here You Go Mr. Shores - the Article Itself (link) FG Minister
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-talks-juneteenth-john-bolton-economy-in-wsj-interview-11592493771

I can hardly wait to hear the excuses now! (That was Trump impostor who they interviewed). (That was an alien pretending to be Trump). (That was Joe Biden dressed up like Trump). (The Wall Street Journal lied. The Dear Leader would never say anything as dumb as that).
Acts-celerater
8/5/20 7:55 am

Post Re: It's in the Wall Street Journal (L) Richard L Shores
FG Minister wrote:
Keep on believing that masks make you a liberal, and I'll keep laughing from the sidelines...

I have never said wearing a mask makes you a liberal. I have always said I don't wear one because they don't make a difference. It says so right on the box the mask comes in: This product will NOT provide ANY protection against COVID-19 (Coronavirus) or other viruses or contaminants.

Fauci was right when he initially said that masks don't make a difference. We are seeing more evidnce of that fact:

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/08/04/the-case-for-masks-has-taken-another-body-blow/[/i]

Friendly Face
8/5/20 7:59 am

Post Re: Here You Go Mr. Shores - the Article Itself (link) Richard L Shores
FG Minister wrote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-talks-juneteenth-john-bolton-economy-in-wsj-interview-11592493771

I can hardly wait to hear the excuses now! (That was Trump impostor who they interviewed). (That was an alien pretending to be Trump). (That was Joe Biden dressed up like Trump). (The Wall Street Journal lied. The Dear Leader would never say anything as dumb as that).

I can't read it because I'm not a subscriber. That's why I didn't go there myself and instead I asked for a link to any story that actually quoted from that story.

Other things he said are actually quoted in other stories. Just not that statement.

Friendly Face
8/5/20 8:09 am

Post Unfortunately - L Could It Be True
Unfortunately I’ve seen some on here push these same talking points:

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/72571-covid-19-lies-go-viral-2020-08-05
8/5/20 9:29 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Thank you for sharing the truth from the very reputable site patriotpost.us [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/5/20 9:41 am

Post Shoot the messenger? Could It Be True
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Thank you for sharing the truth from the very reputable site patriotpost.us

Typical response when you can't debate the substance - shoot the messenger.
8/5/20 11:28 am

Post Dave Dorsey
The "substance" has been repeatedly disproven by credible sources. The problem is that you will not accept any of those as credible sources so discussion is pointless.

There is a reason you are sharing information from one random person at "patriotpost.us" and not information from the CDC, NIH, the president's coronavirus task force, scientific journals, data repositories, etc.

For example, Redfield, a political appointee, was the only person at the hearing to express that schools must reopen immediately, and it's true that many public health experts are advising against rushing into reopenings. More recent data absolutely contradicts the data in this article on the propensity of kids (who will likely remain asymptomatic) for sharing the virus with family members. That doesn't mean that schools shouldn't reopen. But it's a factual statement to claim that many public health experts are advising against it.

But that's fake news, so again, discussion here really has no point. I mean for Pete's sake, you don't even know that our best data shows that masks are about 90% effective at preventing transmission from infected to non-infected when only the infected wears a mask and 65% effective at preventing transmission when only the non-infected wears a mask, because you think the statement on the box that they do not 100% prevent COVID means they don't work at all. You don't know the first thing about any of this and clearly have no desire to learn. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't see a lot of purpose in engaging in a line by line analysis of a patriotpost.us blog post.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/5/20 11:33 am

Post None are so blind... Could It Be True
Dave Dorsey wrote:
The "substance" has been repeatedly disproven by credible sources. The problem is that you will not accept any of those as credible sources so discussion is pointless.

There is a reason you are sharing information from one random person at "patriotpost.us" and not information from the CDC, NIH, the president's coronavirus task force, scientific journals, data repositories, etc.

For example, Redfield, a political appointee, was the only person at the hearing to express that schools must reopen immediately, and it's true that many public health experts are advising against rushing into reopenings. More recent data absolutely contradicts the data in this article on the propensity of kids (who will likely remain asymptomatic) for sharing the virus with family members. That doesn't mean that schools shouldn't reopen. But it's a factual statement to claim that many public health experts are advising against it.

But that's fake news, so again, discussion here really has no point. I mean for Pete's sake, you don't even know that our best data shows that masks are about 90% effective at preventing transmission from infected to non-infected when only the infected wears a mask and 65% effective at preventing transmission when only the non-infected wears a mask, because you think the statement on the box that they do not 100% prevent COVID means they don't work at all. You don't know the first thing about any of this and clearly have no desire to learn. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't see a lot of purpose in engaging in a line by line analysis of a patriotpost.us blog post.

None are so blind as he who will not see. But by all means please feel free to keep pushing talking points.

And for the record, the warning on the mask box states it does not provide ANY, as in no, protection. It doesn't say less than 100%. It says none, zero, nada. Which I might point out is exactly what that clown Fauci said back in March before coming out recently saying he was lying back then. So your assertion that the warning on the mask box is being ignored because it doesn't provide 100% protection is as skewed as the rest of your assertions.

If masks are so effective then why are Japan and the Philippines, who currently have a 100% mask mandate (everyone no matter where you go must wear them) in place seeing spikes?
8/8/20 6:22 pm

Post Re: None are so blind... Dave Dorsey
Could It Be True wrote:
If masks are so effective then why are Japan and the Philippines, who currently have a 100% mask mandate (everyone no matter where you go must wear them) in place seeing spikes?

I realize I might as well be shouting at a cloud, but the answer to your question is because they stopped being vigilant:

https://indianexpress.com/article/world/japan-acted-like-coronavirus-had-gone-now-its-spread-everywhere-6534697/
Quote:
While people have continued to wear masks throughout the pandemic, the current infections have largely occurred in situations where face coverings aren’t typically worn, like group dining and drinking events.

And because of outbreaks at Okinawa owing to poor prevention measures:

https://www.dw.com/en/japan-declares-coronavirus-emergency-after-okinawa-us-base-outbreaks/a-54400818
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/8/20 10:22 pm

Post More proof...L Could It Be True
More proof why you can’t trust anything coming from the government:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8564989/Military-healthcare-insurance-company-Tricare-mistakenly-tells-600-000-people-theyve-COVID-19.html
8/9/20 8:53 am

Post State Health Secretary had to twist data - (L) Richard L Shores
The State Health Secretary in Kansas had to manipulate data in order to make his case for mask wearing.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kansas-health-secretary-used-misleading-charts-to-push-mask-mandate

Friendly Face
8/10/20 7:53 am

Post I Have a Dumb Question FG Minister
Since masks are so ineffective and don't retain any of the droplets coming from one's mouth, why are the physicians in my congregation so bent out of shape on us using them? It seems that the only people who see little efficacy in masks are people who support Dr. Trump. Sorry - he's not a real doctor, he just plays one on TV. I heard a pro-Trump radio guy say the other day "the head of the CDC knows nothing about masks. I know all about masks. I'm an expert." For some reason, I doubt his two years in community college as a PR major can stand up against decades in medical school, private practice, and public health administration.

Are non-N95 masks 100% effective? Of course not. But if they help reduce the droplets coming out of my mouth and onto you - why wouldn't I wear one?
Acts-celerater
8/10/20 10:17 am

Post Re: I Have a Dumb Question Eddie Robbins
FG Minister wrote:
Since masks are so ineffective and don't retain any of the droplets coming from one's mouth, why are the physicians in my congregation so bent out of shape on us using them? It seems that the only people who see little efficacy in masks are people who support Dr. Trump. Sorry - he's not a real doctor, he just plays one on TV. I heard a pro-Trump radio guy say the other day "the head of the CDC knows nothing about masks. I know all about masks. I'm an expert." For some reason, I doubt his two years in community college as a PR major can stand up against decades in medical school, private practice, and public health administration.

Are non-N95 masks 100% effective? Of course not. But if they help reduce the droplets coming out of my mouth and onto you - why wouldn't I wear one?

If they re ineffective, why do those same doctors wear them when they are in surgery? Why do they even exist?
Acts-pert Poster
8/10/20 11:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic