Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How Much Longer Before the Bible is Deemed "Hate Speech" in USA?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How Much Longer Before the Bible is Deemed "Hate Speech" in USA? Da Sheik
With the Bible's numerous references to the abomination of homosexuality, as well as the many references to slaves/masters, how much longer before there is a strong push to label the Bible as "hate speech"? Acts Enthusiast
7/1/20 10:18 am

Post Dave Dorsey
David French's recent article on this topic was comforting and encouraging. https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/p/the-true-extent-of-religious-liberty

I think it's obviously already happening. And in a non-legal/social sense, there are already potential repercussions for those who hold a conservative view of Scripture. But I think we would need to continue on our current course for decades before there would be any serious risk of a Supreme Court ruling or Constitutional amendment that legally declared the Bible as hate speech (as we've seen happen in the UK, for example).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/1/20 10:21 am

Post Re: How Much Longer Before the Bible is Deemed "Hate Speech" in USA? caseyleejones
Da Sheik wrote:
With the Bible's numerous references to the abomination of homosexuality, as well as the many references to slaves/masters, how much longer before there is a strong push to label the Bible as "hate speech"?

Soon. That said, I see churches falling under that. The first thing that will happen is they lose their tax exemption. It is a nice thing for churches and pastors, at the same time it's been a rope of bondage to the government.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/2/20 8:22 am

Post I will further add...... caseyleejones
Social media has raised up self-proclaimed anti-racism groups that are more along the lines of anarchist groups. "Shame your local Racist" is the name of the group and they are everywhere. If you post something they perceive as hate, they take pictures and send it to your employer etc.....

A local pastor has posted very biblical responses on social media regarding homosexuality and the freedom that comes in Christ. He has been a target of local anarchist groups. Before long, those that attend the church will also become targets. By the way, our local group has 3.000+ members.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/2/20 8:27 am

Post Cojak
I certainly dread the time you mention, but it does seem to be headed that way. It seems if you don't agree with the most liberal views of life you are a hater. It saddens me to see a time coming when your 'opinions' can get you in trouble. But it seems that liberal ideas have become like a horse with the bit in it's teeth it can no longer be guided by anyone, but is free to trample as it wishes.
BUT we know God is Good and we are His, that is most important.
Good post, we are in Florida for a few days. We were surprised that there was no 'check-in' site on I-95, we breezed into the Sunshine State.
Be safe.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/5/20 11:48 am

Post Tragically autumn trees twice dead
It has become an ignored book to many claiming to be Christians. That is what we must be worried about.
7/7/20 8:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic