Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The judgment seat of Christ and works for Christians

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The judgment seat of Christ and works for Christians Preacher777
I am doing a study about the judgment seat of Christ and how all believers works will be judged from the day we made Jesus Lord of our life. I am surprised how many Christians are totally unaware that our eternal destiny is subject to what we do after salvation. The doctrine of grace and salvation by the blood is true but it seems many have taken this and ran with the idea that after salvation we can avoid committing sin and wait for the rapture to get us to heaven without realizing that there are varying degrees of rewards based not based upon our avoidance of sins after salvation but rather what we did or didn't do for Christ after salvation.

I believe if this is taught more people would want to do more for God. Would Christians be more likely to be committed and accountable to local churches, prayer, the spiritual and natural work if we had more teaching on eternal rewards as we face the judgment seat of Christ for our works to be judged? We all know that in general younger people are falling away from Christ. Maybe people young and old wouldn't be so quick to live together with the idea that they could get out of sin if marriage occurs if they understood the pleasures of sin for a season do cause a loss of rewards for eternity. Thoughts?
Friendly Face
6/27/20 8:45 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is impossible to avoid sin without at the same time doing good.

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. James 4:17 KJV
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/30/20 11:13 am

Post Da Sheik
Most COG pastors don't teach eternal security so there's very little room for loss of rewards and/or chastisement/discipline. Preacher 777 you're right, there needs to be more teaching in this area IMHO. Acts Enthusiast
7/1/20 10:15 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is also impossible to truly do a good work without at the same time also avoiding sin. Our Christian duty is to love God supremely and our neighbor as ourselves; otherwise stated as being pure in heart, or doing what we say or do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

If we are led by the Spirit, we are not under the Law of Moses, but are instead governed by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Any rewards we may graciously receive for doing good will be cast at His wounded feet, to Whom all glory is due.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/2/20 4:19 pm

Post Preacher777
I appreciate the feedback. My understanding of scripture and teaching received from pastors who taught sound doctrine is that although Christians are saved by grace we will stand before the judgment seat of Christ where our works after salvation are judged. At this time we will receive different rewards for our eternal life in heaven. I do not hear this teaching much now and am curious if this is an accepted belief among most COG and AG ministers? Friendly Face
7/4/20 1:26 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Preacher777 wrote:
I appreciate the feedback. My understanding of scripture and teaching received from pastors who taught sound doctrine is that although Christians are saved by grace we will stand before the judgment seat of Christ where our works after salvation are judged. At this time we will receive different rewards for our eternal life in heaven. I do not hear this teaching much now and am curious if this is an accepted belief among most COG and AG ministers?

Yes, that is how I was always taught in the AG and CoG. I agree with that basic truth.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/4/20 7:33 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Judgment Seat yes but Great White Throne NO.
Judgment Seat is for the believer's rewards but his sins are not remembered so this isn't a "let's hash out your sins" session in heaven.
The GWT is years later & the believer is not judged along with the un-believer.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/5/20 11:32 am

Post Dean nailed it and brought it home..... caseyleejones
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Judgment Seat yes but Great White Throne NO.
Judgment Seat is for the believer's rewards but his sins are not remembered so this isn't a "let's hash out your sins" session in heaven.
The GWT is years later & the believer is not judged along with the un-believer.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/5/20 1:14 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men, but we are made manifest to God; and I hope that we are made manifest also in your consciences. 2 Cor 5:9-11 NASB

The above appears to be directly addressed to Christians. What or how do you think Christians will be recompensed for bad deeds? I would think that any bad deeds/sins that have been repented of would not be held against us, of course.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/5/20 2:25 pm

Post Preacher777
[quote="Dean Steenburgh"]Judgment Seat yes but Great White Throne NO.
The GWT is years later & the believer is not judged along with the un-believer.[/quote]

Dean, you did a great job of simplifying the judgments. I agree and this is the way I have heard it from people who have a good understanding of scripture.
Friendly Face
7/6/20 5:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic