Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Mandatory Support
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Maybe he dare not say Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
He can if he desires to

Yep there are times........... That someone feels, 'no one has their back.' And then there times when something should not be said.

All that said as a rule all leaders desire support from those under him, and it is a fact at times that becomes "I want YES men under me."

Sometimes it is tough to know the difference. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/4/20 8:41 pm

Post Yes cogcia
We are seeing it in our state and it is causing havoc. Makes me wonder if we are in the same state. If we are he would be crazy to tell you. This isn’t an Administrator you should get upset or you will not be Church of God very long. Friendly Face
3/5/20 9:41 am

Post sadlytrue77
Which state are you in?

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/5/20 4:26 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I have heard about this from a couple of different ministers who were basically forced to surrender their credentials. Really sad...
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/5/20 9:48 pm

Post You can force compliance through intimidation roughridercog
That is satanic in my opinion bordering on mind control or witchcraft. But that does nothing to foster mutual respect and trust.
In all honesty someone who endeavors to lead like this has learned this leadership style via leaders he has worked under.

On a personal emotional note, I don't like bullies and have never thought twice about standing up to them. Even if you lose, you're still a winner. Turn the lights brightly on roaches like this.
3/6/20 7:09 am

Post What State are you in MI6
We would like to know so that we can keep him from coming to our State Friendly Face
3/6/20 12:22 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
This might be a fake post.
Several have asked the anonymous poster what state he's referring to & so far nothing but silence.
Here in Calif. our AB (Sean O'Neil) is always looking for ways to build up the body of churches & ministers.
The OP talks like their AB is living in 1965 & the state overseer is a feared man who might yank your church out from underneath you.

If he threatens you too much tell him you're going to call the EC & report him for unethical threats. Raise a little cain & tell him God called you to your post ...not an AB!
Nothing (other than a moral/ethical offense) says you have to leave your church, step down from the pulpit, surrender your creds or give up your building.
Call your state board members, call other pastors, call the PB's office, make some waves if you're in good standing but don't just take it laying down.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/7/20 8:28 pm

Post AdamJ
Dean I wish this was fake. I’m not naming the state for several reasons. I don’t want to cause him to not get a promotion. We can’t handle another term. A larger state might have enough power to hold him in check. Smaller states have no power in the denomination. Second if it got traced back to me I would be destroyed like many others have been. Hey, DOC
3/9/20 9:07 am

Post You are making the problem worse MI6
If you tell the State we will know which AB to avoid.
There are many at HQ that read this board and they need to know.
This would be the only forum to tell your story without any retribution.

Also, there are many great State AB's that are being tainted by your comments that have nothing to do with this post.

Until you name your State I will consider the story to be fake.
Friendly Face
3/9/20 10:15 am

Post I'm surprised you guys don't know how to handle this.... Aaron Scott
One Florida pastor walked into the overseer's office (I don't recall which one), put a chair under the doorknob, reached across the desk and let the overseer know that the overseer was going to do the right thing...or else.

The pastor in question was a former Outlaws enforcer.

I heard everything worked out well.

Now, we have a good overseer in my state. But NO ONE can make me leave the Church of God. They may take my church, they may even make me mad. But unless I just want to leave the Church of God, then by the grace of God, they'll never have cause to put me out.

Last edited by Aaron Scott on 3/11/20 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
3/10/20 2:12 pm

Post Waambulance Man
Gee, I wonder what state this could be? Several guys on this site have openly spoken about this situation as they either surrendered their credentials or had them revoked under very questionable circumstances. The situation with a third of the church leaving was also discussed on this site. People are afraid because this tyrannical "leader" has made it clear that you don't cross him or he will oust them. Hey, DOC
3/10/20 11:15 pm

Post Re: You are making the problem worse uthdude2000
MI6 wrote:

Also, there are many great State AB's that are being tainted by your comments that have nothing to do with this post.

WOW!!!

MI6, you have THAT kind of power or authority to say that THIS FORUM, is protected well enough that if the State in question is mentioned and AdamJ was revealed, because of something he has said; that You or HQ will protect him?

Com'On man!!! What fantasy world do you live in??
3/11/20 10:31 am

Post Re: You are making the problem worse roughridercog
uthdude2000 wrote:
MI6 wrote:

WOW!!!

MI6, you have THAT kind of power or authority to say that THIS FORUM, is protected well enough that if the State in question is mentioned and AdamJ was revealed, because of something he has said; that You or HQ will protect him?

Com'On man!!! What fantasy world do you live in??

This is the reason why anonymity is allowed. If he said, "The AB in my state which is ------ is a tyrant and ousts anyone who doesn't support him. His name is Bishop -------. You can't work with him."

How long would it take to figure out the original posters identity.

The tough question is why do men who are poor at being an AB continue to get appointed?
Want to know why?
The same reason pastors who have torn up multiple churches keep getting appointed to good churches. There is a system and network in place. Either work with it and within it, or you'll be forced to make your own way.
3/11/20 10:45 am

Post uthdude2000
is this the overseer who sold 3 cleveland churches Wink
3/11/20 12:51 pm

Post AdamJ
We have sold tons of Churches, but none in a city named Cleveland. Selling churches is how we support the state office.
My question is Mandatory Support a new norm in the Church of God? Just never seen it to this degree. We are a smaller state and it will take years to recover from this style of leadership. If we do recover.
Hey, DOC
3/11/20 1:15 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
3/11/20 3:07 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
OK, so seriously, I had not been on Actscelerate in a couple of months, but Tuesday night I saw a friend who told me about this thread so I logged in to read it. I posted one picture in response to a comment and suddenly I'm hearing that "everybody knows you are AdamJ and started that whole mess to trash the AB." Excuse me... but I am NOT AdamJ and I do not even know who he/she is. Find yourself another scapegoat, but I left the COG under threat to revoke my credentials and I've not looked back. I have no dog in this hunt! Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/12/20 2:53 pm

Post What! Tyrannical leaders in the COG? Mat
Waambulance Man wrote:
Gee, I wonder what state this could be? Several guys on this site have openly spoken about this situation as they either surrendered their credentials or had them revoked under very questionable circumstances. The situation with a third of the church leaving was also discussed on this site. People are afraid because this tyrannical "leader" has made it clear that you don't cross him or he will oust them.

Tyrannical leaders in the COG? I thought you boys fixed that problem when you got rid of AJT and tried to sue him in court for all he was worth. How could that lordly spirit be in the COG these days? Maybe that's what the judge awarded the COG in court.

Some of you guys kill me, you want the security of a denomination and you talk about the importance of elections and term limits, but when its you in the cross-hairs of authority, then its tyranny of authority.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
3/13/20 7:27 am

Post sadlytrue77
Darrell Garrett wrote:
OK, so seriously, I had not been on Actscelerate in a couple of months, but Tuesday night I saw a friend who told me about this thread so I logged in to read it. I posted one picture in response to a comment and suddenly I'm hearing that "everybody knows you are AdamJ and started that whole mess to trash the AB." Excuse me... but I am NOT AdamJ and I do not even know who he/she is. Find yourself another scapegoat, but I left the COG under threat to revoke my credentials and I've not looked back. I have no dog in this hunt!

So is the Illinois overseer hard to work with?

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/13/20 6:28 pm

Post Rick Whitter
I've heard some pretty bad things about him! Smile Hey, DOC
3/13/20 7:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic