Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What has happened with Perry Stone?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What has happened with Perry Stone? Chicago27
Evidently, he has been placed on leave by his Board. It’s gotta be serious for that to happen. Friendly Face
5/6/20 6:43 am

Post From Perry Stone Ministries' Facebook page excellentposter
Perry Stone Ministries
April 29 at 11:58 AM ·
For many years now, Perry has consistently preached between 4 and 8 times per week. Most months, he does not have even a single day off. In the meantime, he has spent 7 years writing his Old and New Testament commentary Bibles while still publishing new books every year – not to mention the numerous conferences, prayer meetings, and worship services he has led at OCI, and of course the Manna-Fest television program, which airs weekly.

This rigorous schedule has taken a huge toll on Perry’s health and mind. It has left him emotionally depleted and burnt out. Because of all of these factors, Perry needs an extended rest and time of healing. This time will allow him to seek spiritual renewal, emotional help, and physical healing.

Under the direction of the VOE board, Perry will be taking an extended sabbatical for an undetermined amount of time.. The ministry teams will continue their daily operations during his leave.

We ask that our partners and friends respect this time of privacy. All of your prayers are needed and very much appreciated. Perry will not be keeping office hours, taking phone calls, or responding to emails or letters during his absence. All correspondence will be handled by the ministry staff. Thank you for your understanding, and our teams are dependent upon your prayers and support.
Friendly Face
5/6/20 7:01 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Glad to see this. Best wishes to Perry for a very fruitful season of rest and recovery. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/6/20 7:29 am

Post Re: From Perry Stone Ministries' Facebook page Resident Skeptic
excellentposter wrote:
Perry Stone Ministries
April 29 at 11:58 AM ·
For many years now, Perry has consistently preached between 4 and 8 times per week. Most months, he does not have even a single day off. In the meantime, he has spent 7 years writing his Old and New Testament commentary Bibles while still publishing new books every year – not to mention the numerous conferences, prayer meetings, and worship services he has led at OCI, and of course the Manna-Fest television program, which airs weekly.

This rigorous schedule has taken a huge toll on Perry’s health and mind. It has left him emotionally depleted and burnt out. Because of all of these factors, Perry needs an extended rest and time of healing. This time will allow him to seek spiritual renewal, emotional help, and physical healing.

Under the direction of the VOE board, Perry will be taking an extended sabbatical for an undetermined amount of time.. The ministry teams will continue their daily operations during his leave.

We ask that our partners and friends respect this time of privacy. All of your prayers are needed and very much appreciated. Perry will not be keeping office hours, taking phone calls, or responding to emails or letters during his absence. All correspondence will be handled by the ministry staff. Thank you for your understanding, and our teams are dependent upon your prayers and support.

Sounds like a coup has taken place. "Comrade Stone is resting."

Sorry. Just a little levity that I know Perry would appreciate. I don't agree with some of his eschatology, but he really is a very kind, compassionate man. My prayers are with him.
5/6/20 8:52 am

Post What a great guy doyle
My Dad at times would share about when Jesus came apart from the crowd. He used to say, "If you don't come apart, you will come apart."

The work the Lord and Perry have done together is phenomenal. I pray much good comes from this time of rest.

Doyle
5/6/20 10:12 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Perry Stone has needed to take a sabbatical for a long time. He has pushed and pushed and pushed for years in his to work for the Lord. It sounds like he has reached a point where he has to rest, and his board has insisted that he take some time off. He is my prayers.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/6/20 7:29 pm

Post Dr.Acts
The board has insisted? Where's this leaked information coming from again?
The official press release says "under direction" nothing about insisting.
It also calls twice for physical healing and prayers, which is the more probable cause.
Friendly Face
5/6/20 7:55 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Dr.Acts wrote:
The board has insisted? Where's this leaked information coming from again?
The official press release says "under direction" nothing about insisting.
It also calls twice for physical healing and prayers, which is the more probable cause.

Calm down, Doc. Just my interpretation.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/6/20 9:45 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
So, will anything be learned from this? When we will start realizing the human body an psyche can only take so much and that God's plan is not for us to crash and burn?
5/7/20 9:35 am

Post .e... Aaron Scott
.r. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/7/20 3:23 pm

Post Seems like a good time ... Mat
Seems like a good time for a season of rest and recovery. He can't travel to many places, his followers can't come to him in Cleveland for the most part, and most of all, he human and subject to the effects of age and overwork.

Not a Perry Stone follower, but it seems like some on the forum would like him to have greater problems and see his ministry fail. I wonder what the underlying reason are for such an attitude towards him?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
5/8/20 6:44 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
So, will anything be learned from this? When we will start realizing the human body an psyche can only take so much and that God's plan is not for us to crash and burn?

Amen...
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/8/20 7:16 am

Post Re: Seems like a good time ... Chicago27
Mat wrote:
Seems like a good time for a season of rest and recovery. He can't travel to many places, his followers can't come to him in Cleveland for the most part, and most of all, he human and subject to the effects of age and overwork.

Not a Perry Stone follower, but it seems like some on the forum would like him to have greater problems and see his ministry fail. I wonder what the underlying reason are for such an attitude towards him?

Mat

I don’t see that. I think enquiring minds just want to know what’s going on.
When others take a sabbatical, it doesn’t come across like this. Just say...Perry Stone is taking a sabbatical. The end. This puts a lot of speculation in place.
Friendly Face
5/8/20 11:46 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I hope he gets to feeling better soon. He is quite blessed to have the ability to take a sabbatical. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/8/20 11:54 am

Post Perry Stone BishopsWife
Perry has some health — heart issues and a diabetic is well. He has pushed himself too hard, too long. He is taking a sabbatical. Acts Enthusiast
5/8/20 5:52 pm

Post Re: Perry Stone Chicago27
BishopsWife wrote:
Perry has some health — heart issues and a diabetic is well. He has pushed himself too hard, too long. He is taking a sabbatical.

That’s understandable. In their post, it mentions his mind once and emotional twice. It also says he is burnt out. So, it sounds like a little more than just physical health.
Friendly Face
5/8/20 7:16 pm

Post Re: Perry Stone BishopsWife
Chicago27 wrote:
BishopsWife wrote:
Perry has some health — heart issues and a diabetic is well. He has pushed himself too hard, too long. He is taking a sabbatical.

That’s understandable. In their post, it mentions his mind once and emotional twice. It also says he is burnt out. So, it sounds like a little more than just physical health.

Exactly. I can assure you he is burnt out and needs time to relax and recoup.
Acts Enthusiast
5/9/20 7:02 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic