Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump needs to let Pence and the doctors handle most briefings

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump needs to let Pence and the doctors handle most briefings Quiet Wyatt
I have watched the WH briefings closely for the past few weeks. I support Trump and will vote for him in November, but in my view he would be far better off not leading the briefings except when major developments occur, or perhaps once a week. He really is not helping with his ‘cheerleading’, in my opinion. Watching him constantly sparring with an obviously biased press is generally disheartening, even though it is at times humorous to watch. I say let the experts speak. Also, Pence is so much more calm, intelligent and comforting in his demeanor than Trump is. Trump doesn’t look like he even wants to be there, and generally just rambles if he’s not defending himself.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 4/20/20 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/20/20 12:05 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt...AMEN Aaron Scott
Piers Morgan is the one journalist that I think best "gets" Trump. Further, he will call Trump out from time to time--and has about this very thing.

As you have mentioned, Trump has made this about HIM and how wonderful HE is, and how bad the press is, and how incompetent the governors are, etc. He is playing to a choir that would vote for him if sacrificed a goat on the White House lawn.

But he is losing his standing with those who, depending on Trump's actions, will vote for him...or not.

Of course, there is NOTHING he could do to cause a huge number of people to vote for him. But he better try to win that undecided middle, or he's going hom in January 2021.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/20/20 1:18 pm

Post Re: Quiet Wyatt...AMEN Dave Dorsey
Aaron Scott wrote:
But he is losing his standing with those who, depending on Trump's actions, will vote for him...or not.

It seems like the data supports your assertion.

College-educated whites in 2016 exits:
Trump: 48
Hillary: 45

College-educated whites in new WSJ/NBC poll:
Biden: 55
Trump: 37
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/20/20 1:25 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
If Trump was not out there in front the left-wing would be attacking him for not leading. He could walk on water and he'd be criticized for being arrogant and self-serving... not to mention polluting the water. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/20/20 1:52 pm

Post 2016: Hillary's chances to win....97%...by a landslide caseyleejones
What I have learned is Trump supporters are not public with their support of him. Why, because the other side will slit your tires and key your car. Many of the Trump supporters I know don't do so publicly and encourage their Trump supporting children to stay quiet.

As a Trump supporter, I at times cringe when he tweets or talks. He is facing the most powerful forces ...the DNC and MSM.

Trump will win 2020 but will do so with a larger margin. Not a landslide but larger margin.

Showing up to vote is a lot different than participating in a poll. Bernie supporters are lazy and won't get out and vote and those who do are doing a protest vote for Trump. Blacks and Hispanics are shifting from 10% vote for Trump to 30%+.
Acts-perienced Poster
4/20/20 2:45 pm

Post Re: 2016: Hillary's chances to win....97%...by a landslide Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
2016: Hillary's chances to win....97%...by a landslide

No one was calling for a landslide in the closing days of the 2016 race. That's revisionist history. Most models had Hillary winning, but not by much, even though their probability of her winning was very high (indeed >90%).

Not to mention the fact that Hillary earned 2.6m more votes than Trump did! Polls ask how many people are going to vote for a certain candidate, and Hillary won that "race" by over 2 points. The models/polling were right on target with the popular vote, they just underestimated Clinton's weakness in the electoral college and that's the race that matters.

Quote:
Blacks and Hispanics are shifting from 10% vote for Trump to 30%+.

Is there any data to support this?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/20/20 2:57 pm

Post This was a few months back and I remember a month or two caseyleejones
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/black-voter-support-for-trump-at-highest-levels-could-seal-2020-win

Ago the news mentioning Trump support among blacks as high.

Yep on the EC and that is the strategy he used to win. It is also why Trump doesn't come to Illinois because he won't win it.
Acts-perienced Poster
4/20/20 3:14 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Darrell Garrett wrote:
If Trump was not out there in front the left-wing would be attacking him for not leading. He could walk on water and he'd be criticized for being arrogant and self-serving... not to mention polluting the water.

I agree the left will never like anything he does. I just think he’s only hurting himself and not helping himself or the country at all with how he is handling the briefings, and would help himself and everyone else if he sat out most of them. He appointed Pence to lead the task force; why not let him actually lead it instead of playing second fiddle to him in the press conferences?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/20/20 3:14 pm

Post It’s about time... Quiet Wyatt
https://www.axios.com/trump-daily-coronavirus-briefings-809becf3-9913-4b71-9f92-1930ad1d29b0.html [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/24/20 7:18 pm

Post Link
Continuity of government may be a good argument for Trump to stay in power. "We have a plan to overcome this COVID 19 thing, and I need to see it through." or something like that.

I'm not sure if that will work, since they kind of wait and see how the disease is going before they make their decisions.
4/25/20 1:23 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Link wrote:
Continuity of government may be a good argument for Trump to stay in power. "We have a plan to overcome this COVID 19 thing, and I need to see it through." or something like that.

Do you mean to say it's a good argument for suspending or cancelling the presidential election and allowing Trump to remain in power beyond the length of his first term?

I think it's a good argument for Trump to make to voters about why they should vote for him, but it is definitely not a good argument for a president remaining in power unconstitutionally.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/25/20 3:57 am

Post The issue is that I don't need the liberal press to tell me a lot of this stuff! Aaron Scott
It's clear as day to anyone who has sense, that Trump apparently surrounded himself with landmines...then steps on them the first chance he can get.

As for the election, it's one thing to say "Stay the course," as another former president argued. But to postpone the election--especially if it doesn't seem fully justified--that would be something that almost certainly trigger a revolt--and rightfully so.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/25/20 7:48 am

Post AdamJ
At least he needs to be on the same page as his people. The Doctors rolling their eyes as he speaks don’t help. He shots from the hip to much about things he don’t know much about. We all have our limits, but he don’t know his. He is great at business. He don’t need to try to be a doctor. Hey, DOC
4/25/20 4:24 pm

Post Re: The issue is that I don't need the liberal press to tell me a lot of this stuff! AdamJ
Aaron Scott wrote:
It's clear as day to anyone who has sense, that Trump apparently surrounded himself with landmines...then steps on them the first chance he can get.

As for the election, it's one thing to say "Stay the course," as another former president argued. But to postpone the election--especially if it doesn't seem fully justified--that would be something that almost certainly trigger a revolt--and rightfully so.

We just did that in the COG. lol
Hey, DOC
4/25/20 4:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic