Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Well Y'all. I have finally (4 years ago) made the

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Well Y'all. I have finally (4 years ago) made the String Bender55
Move, out of The Great Lakes State. My home state will always have a warm spot in my heart.

We now call East Tennessee home. I may not have been born here, but I got here as soon as I could. I love it here, but my wife would go back to Michigan in a heartbeat. I explained to her that when we moved here, our income shot up about 16%. Michigan taxes my pension, Tennessee does not. Michigan has a State income tax, Tennessee does not. Property taxes in Michigan are 3 1/2 times what we pay here. Not to mention, it gets cold up there. It gets cold here too, but nothing like Michigan. I have seen snow in October and late April.

I have been busy with my new band and we play all over East Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina and Kentucky. So, I have been MIA.

I am back!
4/7/20 4:44 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Seeing ol' Stringbender could make a guy chipper even in the middle of a pandemic. Cool

What do you like best about TN, aside from the lack of taxation?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/7/20 4:58 pm

Post String Bender55
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Seeing ol' Stringbender could make a guy chipper even in the middle of a pandemic. Cool

What do you like best about TN, aside from the lack of taxation?
The friendly people. The weather. The proximity to my Children and Grandchildren. One lives in Georgia, the other lives in Michigan, but soon to relocate to Florida. I also love that there are an exceedingly abundance of excellent musicians. Especially guitarist. I love the relaxed lifestyle and the fact that after 42 years in the Auto Industry, I don't have to get up at 5:30 A.M.
Mostly, I love The Smokie Mountains. I live less than a hour from Gatlinburg. 2 hours To Cleveland and less than a days druve from the ocean.
4/7/20 5:24 pm

Post Cojak
Hey string, GREAT to see this post. Been missing you of course, but are glad you are back. Stay safe and take care. Enjoy Tennessee, it is about as good as North Carolina and Florida!. Cool Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/7/20 9:01 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic