Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The ARC Movement question

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The ARC Movement question MI6
Is the ARC movement {Highlands, Elevation, others} meeting the spiritual needs of people or is it appeasing their conscience?
Is it Real Ministry or is it Children's Church for Adults?
Does is dilute the Gospel or preach a true Gospel message? Does the ARC movement have Doctrinal Teachings that
represent the Gospel of the New Testament or does the ARC movement create a new religious experience ?
Friendly Face
2/16/20 10:54 am

Post Never heard of it....got a link? caseyleejones
I'm interested in learning more Acts-perienced Poster
2/16/20 11:24 am

Post Re: Never heard of it....got a link? Cojak
caseyleejones wrote:
I'm interested in learning more

Me TOO! Me 'n you must live under a rock! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/16/20 3:12 pm

Post Re: Rick Metzgar Jr
Elevation is not a part of ARC. They allow ARC to set up at their conferences but they are not the same as Highlands. Chris Hodges speaks in tongues and believes in the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit. The methods are just different but the message is the same. I am a proud supporter and member of ARC for resources in the planting world but I have not seen any doctrinal differences. Infact, I loved that Chris Hodges told a group of us last year to pray in the Holy Spirit every single day. I hope this helps. Golf Cart Mafia Associate
2/16/20 3:39 pm

Post One more thing Rick Metzgar Jr
I’ll take it a step further. Until 2015 I never really experienced true freedom until going through freedom groups and that process through Church of the Highlands. It’s a life changing experience for ministry and churches called Freedom and it’s amazing. Golf Cart Mafia Associate
2/16/20 3:40 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
ARC is not creating new experiences but they're really good at helping people plant churches most of the time. There are plenty of failures that have happened but the ARC movement is strong.
Try to attend one of their regional events & you'll leave blessed & inspired.
There is a reason why our denomination has partnered with them to get help in creating & planting churches.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/19/20 9:02 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
ARC is a great church planting fellowship.

Church of the Highlands and Pastor Chris Hodge are credible, biblically-based and Spirit-filled/led.

To the original poster - if you have concerns visit their website, read the materials and listen to sermons.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/19/20 10:55 pm

Post Clint Wills
If you think Highlands and Chris Hodges are "children's church for adults", then you clearly haven't listened to him.

IMO he is one of the best combinations of Spirit-filled and educated that I've ever heard. He's one of those guys that God just decided to touch and give a special anointing and capacity. Their material is great, his teaching is great, and their theology is sound.

I can't speak for ALL ARC churches (there are several hundred), but Highlands is good stuff.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/26/20 1:21 pm

Post Dr.Acts
ARC had the know-how of church planting about 10-15 years ago. But culture nowadays shifts fast. By the time we got to use them, the only thing they had left was the financial ability to give credits to startup churches. Overall, their church planting simply does not fit our organizational approach to ministry. Forget the interest on the loan, systems, logistics, etc. Their know-how demands that a church is projected and grown by their standards because this is the only way they can measure the progress of the new plant. There are at least two new churches that come to mind locally which checked into ARC first but chose to go with a more conventional program that preserved our movement's identity. The more urgent concern right now is does Lee offer a Digital discipleship course yet? It is the hot topic in several denominations with the stay-at-home pastors and the drive-through church right now.
Friendly Face
4/5/20 3:39 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic