Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

David Wilkerson or Kenneth Copeland. Who's Right?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post David Wilkerson or Kenneth Copeland. Who's Right? FG Minister
David Wilkerson gave a prophecy we are told in 1986 that said: I see a plague coming on the world, and the bars, churches, and government will shut down. The plague will hit New York City and shake it like it has never been shaken. The plague is going to force prayer-less believers into radical prayer and into their Bibles, and repentance will be the cry from the man of God in the pulpit. And out of it will come a third Great Awakening that will sweep America and the world.”

This insinuates that the Lord is sending this virus to bring the world a revival.

Copeland says it's from the devil and is trying to "blow" it away using the south wind and heat to burn it up (see separate post of Copeland).

If this is what Wilkerson prophesied as coming to bring a Great Awakening, why is Copeland trying to stop it?
Acts-celerater
4/4/20 8:00 am

Post Dave Dorsey
David Wilkerson was a true man of God. I so miss him and his ministry. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/4/20 8:05 am

Post Dr.Acts
David Wilkerson is a great minister indeed but did NOT give such prophecy in 1986 or any other time. Some SA mission fabricated it based on his sermons and posted on social media. They have apologized since it went viral...
Friendly Face
4/4/20 8:26 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Dr.Acts wrote:
David Wilkerson is a great minister indeed but did NOT give such prophecy in 1986 or any other time. Some SA mission fabricated it based on his sermons and posted on social media. They have apologized since it went viral...

Thank you for letting us know about that.

Either way, as to the subject question: David Wilkerson!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/4/20 8:28 am

Post Wilkerson Prophecy Hoax FG Minister
Please guide me to the place of the apology. I'm glad to know this as I don't want to disseminate false stories. Acts-celerater
4/4/20 9:17 am

Post Dr.Acts
It went viral via Iglesia Monte Betel ministries. They published apology a few days ago which has been deleted since and replaced by the following:

Quote:
Iglesia Monte Betel Update: I received this quote from a friend. Even though it cited David Wilkerson, there was no source. So I checked with a friend who worked with Dr. Wilkerson and helped plant numerous Teen Challenge centers around the world. My friend was familiar with the quote, but couldn't recall the actual source... Sermon? Book? Newsletter article?

Dr. Mike Evans posted this with the prophecy: “(Recently) I picked up an old Bible and a handwritten note fell out. It
was from a meeting I had with Dr. David Wilkerson at the Embassy Suites near the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport on a Tuesday in 1986 when we were having breakfast.”

Source: Jerusalem Prayer Team
Quote:
In 1986 Dr. David Wilkerson gave Dr. Mike Evans an incredible prophecy:

"I see a plague coming on the world and the bars and church and government will shut down. The plague will hit New York City and shake it like it has never been shaken. The plague is going to force prayerless believers into radical prayer and into their Bibles and repentance will be the cry from the man of God in the pulpit. And out of it will come a third Great Awakening that will sweep America and the world."

Click Here so we can send you the video and a transcript of this amazing and prophetic message from Dr. Mike Evans and the ENTIRE prophecy from David Wilkerson: http://pages.jerusalemprayerteam.org/2020-Coronavirus-Great-Awakening_2020-Coronavirus-Great-Awakening-LP-ALL.html

Searching for the actual source of this, we find Bethany Church posting here:
https://mybethany.com/encouraging-words/

Quote:
Dear Robert,
God has given me a word that has shaken me to my knees. As I was working on this revelation that God put in my heart, I picked up an old Bible, and a handwritten note fell out. It was from a meeting I had with Dr. David Wilkerson at the Embassy Suites near the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport on a Tuesday in 1986 when we were having breakfast. The letter he wrote was addressed to Rev. Richard Dortch, who ran PTL under Jim Bakker. It said, “Within 12 months from the date of this letter, the judgment of God will fall on PTL. You are fornicating with brick and stone. Flee now and repent. Bats will fly through the empty building.” It was exactly 12 months to the day that the Charlotte Observer broke the PTL scandal story. In that meeting in 1986, Dr. Wilkerson said something else to me: “I see a plague coming on the world, and the bars and churches and government will shut down. The plague will hit New York City and shake it like it has never been shaken. The plague is going to force prayerless Believers into radical prayer and into their Bibles, and repentance will be the cry from the man of God in the pulpit. And out of it will come a third Great Awakening that will sweep America and the world.”
Your ambassador to Jerusalem,
Michael David Evans

Friendly Face
4/4/20 9:33 am

Post I received the letter from Mike Evans jimmyjon
And he has not recanted it. I posted it on FB. I know Mike Evans and find him honorable. Dont think he would lie about it. I believe the statement from Wilkerson. Hey, DOC
4/4/20 9:55 am

Post Re: I received the letter from Mike Evans Dave Dorsey
jimmyjon wrote:
And he has not recanted it. I posted it on FB. I know Mike Evans and find him honorable. Dont think he would lie about it. I believe the statement from Wilkerson.

Then by logical necessity you reject the "this will be over very quickly" prophecies from Copeland, Vallotton, Bolz, and others, is that correct?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/4/20 10:08 am

Post Cojak
Well that is confusing! BUT no matter, I do hope there is some awakening and revival across this land. As of now from a 'sort of isolation' I do not see it happening. Maybe a little longer and it will cause some repentance and crying out to the Lord by other than Christians who are dutifully talking to our Lord and asking, "How Long Lord, how much longer?"

I hope to see an awakening. Smile Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/4/20 10:13 am

Post Dr.Acts
Bro. Wilkerson never eat breakfast - that much we do know
The rest is for ya'll to interpret and figure out Smile
How likely is that paper stayed in the Bible until right now and showed up at this particular time?
Friendly Face
4/4/20 10:28 am

Post In your obvious hatred of Copeland jimmyjon
I think you are missing something. What we are witnessing is two sides of the same coin. On one side the enemy is using this crisis (and I for one believe it is of demonic origin) to rob (economies), kill (physical death) and destroy (spiritually annihilate hope etc). So Copeland and others pray against the forces of darkness and destruction and prophesy this is coming to an end (it will) soon (i also believe that).

On the other side of the coin, God is still in control. This has not taken Him by surprise. The world needs a reset, a revival to turn men's hearts to Him. Men's hearts that are failing them due to fear. So Wilkerson sees this in the Spirit and says a new awakening is coming. What the devil meant for evil will be turned to good. Sadly, some are dying in this war. We are in a war. The devil wants to destroy you. But out of the ashes of death the church rises in Christ victorious over death, with resurrection power and life.

So your question as to who is right has an answer. not your answer, THe answer is BOTH OF THEM! God wins. Take your blinders off ,cast aside your heresy hunting and see the bigger picture. Jesus ALWAYS wins.

Love you. I still believe something supernatural is going to happen by the end of PASS OVER. THe blood wins! Hallelujah! Sunday's Coming!
Hey, DOC
4/4/20 11:00 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I don't hate Copeland. I hate the false doctrine that Copeland teaches, and I hate that so many are deceived by it. But I pray for Copeland and will continue to do so. I don't appreciate you saying I hate him (as that would be a sin) and would kindly ask you to not do so again. I would absolutely love to see Copeland renounce his teachings and come to know the true Christ. My heart is full just thinking about the possibility that by God's grace he might one day repent.

As to the subject question, the following prophecies:

1) This will be a long-lasting crisis that will lead to a third Great Awakening
2) This will be over fast

CANNOT both be correct. Please put on your thinking cap and wrap your mind around that. They cannot both be correct. One of these -- Wilkerson or the WOF/NAR/Bethel prophets -- are wrong, because their prophecies contradict.

Which is which? Is it the man who had many verifiable and true prophecies over the course of a ministry that was emphatically faithful to the Bible rightly divided, or is it the NAR folks who could fill books with their verifiably false past prophecies?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/4/20 11:28 am

Post Dear friend jimmyjon
you seem a bit sensitive however, I received the letter from Mike Evans.
Maybe you need to read it again.

Here it is.

"God has given me a word that has shaken me to my knees. As I was working on this revelation that God put in my heart, I picked up an old Bible, and a handwritten note fell out. It was from a meeting I had with Dr. David Wilkerson at the Embassy Suites near the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport on a Tuesday in 1986 when we were having breakfast. The letter he wrote was addressed to Rev. Richard Dortch, who ran PTL under Jim Bakker. It said, “Within 12 months from the date of this letter, the judgment of God will fall on PTL. You are fornicating with brick and stone. Flee now and repent. Bats will fly through the empty building.” It was exactly 12 months to the day that the Charlotte Observer broke the PTL scandal story. In that meeting in 1986, Dr. Wilkerson said something else to me: “I see a plague coming on the world, and the bars and churches and government will shut down. The plague will hit New York City and shake it like it has never been shaken. The plague is going to force prayerless Believers into radical prayer and into their Bibles, and repentance will be the cry from the man of God in the pulpit. And out of it will come a third Great Awakening that will sweep America and the world.”
Your ambassador to Jerusalem,
Michael David Evans"

NOw where exactly do you see Wilkerson prophesying a"LONG LASTING CRISIS"? He didn't say that. He said a plague will come and strike the world and it will shut down and it will shake New York and the pulpits etc and it will cause repentance and it will lead to a thrid great awakening. Where did he say it would be long lasting? He didn't. In two months the world has shut down. It is being shaken. NY has been hit hard. The churches are closed. So when Copleand chooses to prophesy it will be over soon (and I do not know that personally), it could be. And enough change in a few months has happened to radically change people forever. That could lead to a revival. I hope it does.

You are conflating your idea with what Wilkerson said.

I go back to my previous post. Both can be correct. Your boldface "CANNOT" notwithstanding.

Be blessed. CHill a bit my brother. Sunday is coming!
Hey, DOC
4/4/20 12:12 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Okay. We're talking past each other here. Be blessed.

Please also stop trying to read into my demeanor (sensitive, chill, etc.) I don't do that to you, and there is no reason for you to do that to me. It will be perfectly sufficient for you to interact with the substance of what I write and to leave your assumptions about my mood or character in your mind. Thanks.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/4/20 12:17 pm

Post Ok jimmyjon
Kind of hard not to miss it. And you didnt retract your statement. That's fine. I'm happy and I pray everyone else is too. Hey, DOC
4/4/20 1:02 pm

Post Re: Ok Dave Dorsey
jimmyjon wrote:
Kind of hard not to miss it. And you didnt retract your statement. That's fine. I'm happy and I pray everyone else is too.

Please check your PMs.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/4/20 1:34 pm

Post The Original Question Please FG Minister
Jimmy says that both can be correct because we are arguing two sides of the same coin. Not at all. For the sake of argument, let's assume the prophecy is real. It just frames one side of the question.

There are two views about this virus among evangelicals. One view says it is from Satan and therefore needs to be rebuked. The other side says it is from God and the intention is to bring the world a revival, therefore prayer should not be to stop it, but "Lord bring revival." Jimmy changes the question and says Satan is behind it because Jimmy believes he is. He says that Satan didn't catch God off guard. That reasoning is just fine IF Satan caused it.

But that is NOT the question I originally posed. My question is -- who is the source of the virus (God or Satan)? The supposed Wilkerson prophecy intimates it is coming from God and God is using it to bring a revival. Copeland says it is from Satan. I simply asked - Who is correct?

Could God have initiated Covid-19? Isaiah 45:7 (ESV) I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Of course, a third answer is also possible -- neither God or Satan initiated it. Chinese people in Wuhan ate bats and that caused the virus. (We know this is the earthly and natural reason). But the question remains - was it God behind the bat virus or Satan. I am not sure that any of us truly knows that answer. But I assure you both sides cannot be correct.
Acts-celerater
4/5/20 8:57 am

Post Hey FG jimmyjon
Reread the prophecy. I stand by my comments. Wilkerson's prophecy said judgment from God was coming on ptl in 12 months and it did. Then, he ALSO says he sees a plague coming on the world. He didnt say WHO was causing it. YOU ASSUME he's talking about God. It was 2 distinct happenings not necessarily from the same source, in fact I think if it was from God he would have said so. But, the result of the shaking would be revival. Sounds like Roman's 8:38 to me. God working good out of evil. Same as Joseph said to his brothers. What you meant for evil God brought good out of it.

Reread it. I stand by my post.
Hey, DOC
4/5/20 9:28 am

Post I think DW was a good man and minister..that said caseyleejones
he was not infallible. He did give words that never came to pass.

The Mylon Lefevre incident leaves me scratching my head and I think he missed it.

My wife and I followed him big in the 90's. We listened to tapes and read his stuff. After a steady diet of that, I left depressed and very judgmental. Much of his material he preached on was OT only. That is fine but it lacked grace and mercy at times and there was not a lot of NT.

I think attempting to pit one minister against another is a tad disingenuous. I think DW was a good man and minister who missed it at times just like every other person. Jimmy Swaggart falls under the same. Some say he is a heretic. He is human and done a lot of good. There is no two people who agree with each other here. You have people here who are COG who rail against the COG. Really?

I'm reminded what Eddie said many years ago when someone asked what exactly is heresy....his response....anyone who disagrees with my theology.
Acts-perienced Poster
4/5/20 10:56 am

Post It's a Simple Question FG Minister
I simply want to know what others believe the source of this virus is. That's all. Nothing more. Do people think it's from God, from Satan or just a natural occurrence in a fallen world. Jimmy says Satan because the results are sickness, death, and unemployment. Fine.

But if the prophecy is true, the results are not only sickness, death, and unemployment, but a great awakening, preachers preaching repentance, and people praying! Jimmy says this is God turning evil for good.

I am simply positing the possibility that God could have caused it for the right reasons and all the calamity is God's method of driving man to his knees. But I have no way of knowing that, and neither does Jimmy know that Satan is behind it.

Just curious to know what others think.
Acts-celerater
4/5/20 10:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic