Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Annoying Church Personalities Part X: "The Zealot"

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Annoying Church Personalities Part X: "The Zealot" Da Sheik
I thought it might be nice to have a thread not related to Covid-19, so here goes:

We've all been blessed at some point or another to worship with or pastor our friend, "The Zealot".

He/She is very passionate about one thing and it is the bane of their existence. They're a lot of fun to pastor for sure. They're the one person you want to avoid at all costs either before or after the service. Although they've already told you many hundreds of times where they stand on this one issue, it simply must be told again.

Bible translations, a view of eschatology, Jewish roots, a personal conviction they have exalted above the Word, style of dress, style of worship, I could go on and on.. What makes it even better is that they always attack the new guests in an attempt to proselyte.

Care to share your Zealot stories?
Acts Enthusiast
3/30/20 9:29 am

Post Da Sheik...I think this is actually.... Aaron Scott
I think we may have different names for the same thing: I call them "The Amway Salesman."

Had a couple who, if a visitor came to church, they would head right toward them after church, often ensuring that they were pretty much the last people to leave (or so it seemed), while they told them of the treasures that awaited them if they just "took control" of their lives and partook of this incredible business opportunity.

To be fair, I loved this couple, and I was appreciative of the their contributions to the music program, etc. But I cringed every time there were visitors present at dismissal. I had to all but fight him off of me about the matter.

Eventually, they went to another church (a larger one). I can only believe that at least part of the reason was that they had more opportunities to evangelize for Amway.

I'm not at all against Amway. The concentrated detergent (or hand wash, whatever it was), was very good. But the best description I ever heard about an Amway meeting was that it was "people standing around, trying to act rich."

Zealot or Amway Salesman. Tomato-Tomato.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/31/20 7:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic