Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Online church

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Online church Link
I can understand online house church, an interactive thing where you minister to each other and pray for each other. But if you listen to a sermon and singing online, why not just turn on preaching on the TV or YouTube. You can sleep till 10 and watch YouTube. If you do online church, you aren't there together.

If churches really push the online church thing, after the virus scare calms down, are a lot of these people just going to watch online...then watch something else online.
3/28/20 8:13 pm

Post I disagree jimmyjon
We have done online for many years and our in person attendance has grown as well as our online attendance from all over the world. I walked out of the house today and said to my wife that it just feels weird knowing we wont be going to church tomorrow. I haven't missed a service except a few vacation days a year in decades. I will miss it and so does everyone I know. We hate not being there. We're doing livestreaming, zoom video conferencing bible studies and devotions online trying to keep connected but when our quarantine is over the churches will be flooded and I wont have to teach 60 somethings how to use zoom. Ha. The Presence of God is too profound and cant be replicated at home. Home prayer is fine but the presence of God in a room full of like precious people is awesome. I miss it. I prophecy our church and yours will be full soon and revival is coming. Keep your eye on something happening around passover. I believe God is up to something. Hey, DOC
3/28/20 9:45 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
This is a grievous thing, but not necessarily a bad one. Throughout history trials have been used by God to separate the wheat from the chaff, and this time will be no different. People who are not born of God, and who do not thirst for the unity of the saints, and who do not hunger to hear God's word in a local church, probably will settle down to an even less committed form of Christianity. This is grievous and sad, but it identifies those among us who should be a target of our evangelism, rather than viewed as brothers in the faith. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/28/20 10:33 pm

Post Link
I misworded that last sentence. What I mean is are a lot of people going to watch some other church service online? What does it matter what you are watching if it is just a TV or Internet show, and the teaching is good, etc?
3/29/20 10:07 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic