Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Any Preaching on Giving Outside of Church?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Any Preaching on Giving Outside of Church? Link
When have you ever heard or preached a sermon on giving outside if the church offering plate/box/bucket/bag or serving outside of a church program.

Jesus talked about giving alms. He talked about not letting the left hand know what the right hand doeth.

Alms what are those? A lame man asked alms of Peter. He had no silver or gold but the man was healed.

Giving alms-- giving to those in need, including beggars. Have you ever heard this taught from the pulpit?

I once read ONE article that I recall in 'prophetic movement' journal on giving alms, including a testimony of the author sensing the LORD's leading to give a specific amount with change at a woman's door, and later hearing her testimony that she had prayed for that exact amount to cover a bill.

I vaguely remember as a child the preacher at a Full Gospel church I attended preaching on not letting the left hand know what the right hand doeth, illustrated with the idea of showing off a$100 going into the offering. I have heard lots about giving in church from men who deal with the church budget. Other than testimonies about recieving gifts for needs, answers to prayer for ministry funds, etc. I cannot remember preaching on this topic other than a few references to giving to the poor.

If you preach or teach the word of God would the people you minister to know about giving to each other? About helping poor neighbors?

Have you heard much on giving outside of the church offering plate? How about serving outside of church programs?
3/29/20 9:35 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic