Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How have your church finances held up during the crisis?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How have your church finances held up during the crisis? roughridercog
We all know that we have faithful people that will always tithe and give either via mail or online giving. But let's face it, there are many who do not trust online giving.
And still there are others who regard church like the circus. If you don't see the show, you don't get the dough.
I've heard someone actually say they've saved a fortune due to churches not having services.

I just shook my head rather than cast pearls before swine.

How has your church giving been?
3/27/20 8:20 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I don't run a church, but thanks for reminding me that I need to get an ACH on the books. Laughing

My church has very solid cash flow, so I usually do a quarterly ACH payment... but I'm doing it every time I get paid now, just to do my part to offset any cash flow issues. We all need to be thinking about others and how we can best support them (especially if, like me, you are working from home, earning 100% of your income, and at no risk of a layoff). Restaurants, shopping from local vendors online, giving to churches and volunteer organizations, etc.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/27/20 8:26 am

Post Cojak
I am sure our pastor doesn't post on ACTS, but I did ask him yesterday while I was in 'trying' to repair a commode. He and I kept our distance but he said so far so good with the finances.
The first Sunday I drove down (just a 1/2 mile) to give the clerk our offerings and at the same time a dear friend showed up with his. I realized how much I missed just seeing him. He is a pastors dream member. Always up (even with a number of ailments along with a sick wife), When I ask him, "How is it going?" his answer is consistently (with a smile), "I am BLESSED! and I hope you are."

Yep I miss him and his wife, 3 or 4 times a week. I am blessed to know him.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/27/20 10:00 am

Post Re: How have your church finances held up during the crisis? Link
roughridercog wrote:
We all know that we have faithful people that will always tithe and give either via mail or online giving. But let's face it, there are many who do not trust online giving.
And still there are others who regard church like the circus. If you don't see the show, you don't get the dough.
I've heard someone actually say they've saved a fortune due to churches not having services.

I just shook my head rather than cast pearls before swine.

How has your church giving been?

There are also people whose income has dropped due to hours being cut back or taken away altogether. It is a good time to be on salary.

If their income is less, they have less to give.
3/27/20 10:52 am

Post We are actually doing better than usual jimmyjon
We have used 3 platforms for giving online for several years now. We have a platform from our app company (churchbase) that we use on our app and our website, we also use paypal on both of those sites, thirdly we have a text to give phone number from tithe.ly. That being said, we prefer checks as we don't lose the 2.75% from each digital gift. We get a lot of our checks from people who pay us from their checking accounts through their online checking payments. We don't get much cash. We are a very balanced church regarding age demographics. As expected our millenials and gen z group uses the app and text giving, older people use paypal and their checking account payments. We had several very large checks given in the last couple of weeks so that our income for March is double what we got for either Jan or Feb which were lower than our budget which happens every single year. We do great in Nov and Dec and then Jan and feb drops off significantly. I have to say that for all our digital presence probably less than 30 % of the church actually use it. Most prefer paying thru their personal checking accounts and having the bank mail us a check. But, 30% is significant and will only grow as our church grows younger. Hey, DOC
3/27/20 11:24 am

Post SCFIRE
About a 10% drop, but this happens occasionally at other times so nothing really noticeable. Praying for the same results this 5th Sunday. Which is usually not a top of the line offering like the 1st 2 weeks of the month.
3/27/20 10:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic