Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Those special things Christians do

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Those special things Christians do Cojak
I met a childhood friend the other day, Scottie. He is a successful plumber now and also teaches Sunday School at a large Baptist church. I have not seen Scot in years. After a few pleasantries he asked, “Do you remember our Sunday School teacher Claude Setzer?” Who could forget Claude, he was a special man. We were teenager boys, having a SS teacher who was a returning Marine from WWII and now on the Police Force was sort of special. Of course I remembered him and respected him, there was no question he was a Christian.
He said he had related this to his SS class. He strayed from God and began to drink too much. We lived in a dry county, so he drove across the Catawba river bridge to drink at the bars. He said most Saturday nights just after mid night he would drive back into Belmont. Claude would be waiting and follow him to is rooming house. As he pulled in to park, Claude would honk and wave and drive off. Claude told him later, “I just wanted to see you home safe, I prayed you would see the light and return to the fold.”
Another: Paul Collins tells this about his Clerk Ken Herron.. North Carolina seldom gets enough snow to call off church. But one winter in the 60s a big snow came on Sunday. They had just organized the 7th Ave COG and he, as the pastor, was having it tough, a missed Sunday’s tithe & offerings could hurt. He said Ken called all the regular tithers, put chains on his tires and drove around to get him and his family enough to pay the bills and eat the next week. Paul stayed around NC and Ken traveled the world. They remained friends until Ken died a few weeks ago.
Do you remember any special Christians who went the extra mile?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/24/20 8:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic