Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

COVID-19, Statement and a Question

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post COVID-19, Statement and a Question Cojak
Yesterday my cousin's wife gave the doctors permission to use an Eboli treatment for her husband. Cousin Eddie is presently in ICU, vented and in an induced coma. His wife is in total quarantine. The doctors will only say he is a 'VERY SICK MAN'. I have only heard doctors use that statement when they had very little hope. He is in a hospital near Atlanta.
Prayers are appreciated.

Now my question.
I know there is a church in Georgia who has had a member of their church choir die with this virus. My wife was showing me on FB that there are 4 more members of the same choir critical, and 39 more diagnosed with COVID-19.

Someone stated positively that that was not true.

Then immediately a good friend (real friend) stated that she had friends at that church and it was TRUE.

Does anyone down near Atlanta know if this is TRUE OR FALSE?

Thanks.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/22/20 6:33 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I live 90 miles from Atlanta.

What I hear is that it's true.

The Church at Liberty Square. A Church of God congregation.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/22/20 7:17 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
It has been reported and shared multiple times on Facebook as being true, unfortunately.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/23/20 12:10 am

Post It's true 4thgeneration
I spoke with the pastor today. They have 50+ hospitalized or quarantined and have had 4 deaths from COVID-19. This all came from a special service where they had a large reunion choir. It was before all the warnings came to not gather in large groups, and they had no idea that someone in the choir was sick with the virus. They need our prayers. Acts Enthusiast
3/23/20 8:55 pm

Post Re: It's true Cojak
4thgeneration wrote:
I spoke with the pastor today. They have 50+ hospitalized or quarantined and have had 4 deaths from COVID-19. This all came from a special service where they had a large reunion choir. It was before all the warnings came to not gather in large groups, and they had no idea that someone in the choir was sick with the virus. They need our prayers.

Thank you very much my friend. This is tragic. I am sure the pastor and everyone touched by this virus there will Will appreciate prayers .
Thanks for clarifying that situation, God Bless the church and Please answer in your time. Cool
3/23/20 11:31 pm

Post Cojak
Considering that this tragic happening is true. What does that say about God's protection, and continuing regular services. Was God caught by surprise and not covering this church, Of course not.

Can God protect our churches from this terrible virus? Of course he can. Will HE? Did HE?

To close our churches does say a little something about our faith and belief in divine healing?

Honestly it is a scary thought, Me and YOU believe, use faith, pray and expect God to heal various diseases, EXCEPT........

i think we are a little doubled minded here. To see and hear pastors taking a solid stand WE ARE GOING TO GATHER AND WORSHIP, Calls for a little admiration, but then......... I think, be careful my brother/sister, KNOW you are right, because you could be taking people's life in your hands.

To me? It is confusing. I remember not every one is healed or even protected no matter how hard you pray. I now have a cousin who is a Christian, he has been in the COG all his life. Apparently he was infected while attending church. You wonder if he had not shown up at his brothers funeral he would not be on life support now?
Yes it is scary. I am not picking on anyone who plans to continue as usual, I just pray they have made the right decision.....
Confused Confused
3/24/20 7:38 pm

Post Victim of the Virus- Sadness here but joy in heaven Cojak
A note, I think I mentioned this on a comment somewhere here but I thought I would post once more here.
My first cousin Eddie Herron, youngest son of a COG pastor, was taken off the breathing machine yesterday.

I am not sure how the visit was controlled, but his wife and daughter were allowed to be there when he passed. He was a Christian. A life long member of the COG in NC & Georgia.

Sadness is increased for the family due to the lack of a chance of a traditional funeral. I know the funeral is not a necessity, but at times it gives closure. We just buried one of his older brothers less than a month ago and that was the last time I saw Eddie and he was alive and appeared healthy.
4/3/20 9:43 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Very sorry for your loss, Cojak. Blessings to you and your family. Crying or Very sad [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/3/20 9:45 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
🙏 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/3/20 10:18 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic