Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

MD banned gatherings >10 today. If your state has done similar, does your church intend to obey local govt orders?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post MD banned gatherings >10 today. If your state has done similar, does your church intend to obey local govt orders? Dave Dorsey
Subject question [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/19/20 12:44 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I have not received any ORDERS to suspend services.

I have heard recommendations.

When I am ordered by the government to suspend, we will suspend.

Our folks are deciding for themselves whether or not to attend services.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/19/20 3:04 pm

Post Federal Government FG Minister
The US Government is asking that groups of more than 10 be suspended. We are honoring that and have cancelled all worship services and small groups. I don't need a law or a presidential order to do it. It is common sense. The only way to stop this virus is for people to stop giving it to each other. STOP HAVING CHURCH SERVICES IF YOU ARE HAVING THEM! We live in a society folks! We have a responsibility to our fellow man. Any church continuing to have services as of March 19 should be boycotted in my opinion. Acts-celerater
3/19/20 3:37 pm

Post sheepdogandy
No one is being forced to do anything here.

Each person makes a freewill decision.

The government has shut down most everything else.

Why not make it MANDATORY for churches?

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/19/20 3:48 pm

Post Cojak
One thing about it, we can pray and worship at home. I am not sure if our church will stream anything, but I know some will. Our son is coming to our home to watch some streamed or televised services and we will worship at home.

God help us not to use this terrible crisis to destroy our brothers and sisters in the Lord. This too will pass and God will still be on our side.

Cool Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/19/20 11:24 pm

Post Started a New Thread FG Minister
I started a new thread entitled "Why Some Pastors Won't Cancel Services." Acts-celerater
3/20/20 7:43 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
We are going to have a drive-in service. I’ll be leading the singing and preaching from the front steps of our church for those who come. We will ask them to stay in their vehicles or bring their own lawn chairs, so long as they practice social distancing. Internet in our little town is too slow to do Facebook live or live-streaming video. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/21/20 11:48 am

Post Link
Why don't churches have 10 person gatherings? A large church here in town cancelled their home meetings, too. I realize this can stop the spread of the disease, but if people are coughing they can self-select not to come.

I go to a home meeting in the home of a man who is a respiratory therapist who treats Covid-19 patients. The briefing he sat in on from an expert at Emory said that the disease is spread by coughing or sneezing. The virus needs the protein shell provided in the fluids to transmit, they said. This was a week ago, but he said that was the news they had at that time. He got a briefing from an expert at Emory.

I heard an athlete on the radio talking about how he tested positive but did not have symptoms and could be spreading it to others. The respiratory therapists said they did not think it spread like that, and also that it was not airborn, like TB. People cough or sneeze droplets and the droplets go down. But the virus can hang around on surfaces and be active for three days, so it is important to wipe down services.

I think the Koreans had sensors that detected temperatures that were too hot in crowds. We probably could have school if bus drivers and teachers would send coughing kids home or kids with temperatures (add that to the metal detector line at school.) People could go to church if they aren't coughing, sneezing, and don't have a temperature. Maybe that is a higher risk approach than locking everything down.

Economically, though, if the government offered some kind of financial incentive or support for someone who missed work or didn't send their child to school over illness instead of shutting down businesses and prepping to dole out the cash on a large scale, we might be better off.
3/22/20 9:48 am

Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
We are going to have a drive-in service. I’ll be leading the singing and preaching from the front steps of our church for those who come. We will ask them to stay in their vehicles or bring their own lawn chairs, so long as they practice social distancing. Internet in our little town is too slow to do Facebook live or live-streaming video.

Excellent!

Much better idea than Facebook anyway.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/22/20 12:41 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic