Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I bet all the churches streaming services this morning...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I bet all the churches streaming services this morning... roughridercog
Breaks the Internet. Laughing
3/22/20 7:49 am

Post diakoneo
this morning I watched church from my computer.

Sorry, I don't like it.

It is too easy to be distracted.

Too easy to be critical of small things.

While I am watching on Facebook live, I see people making comments. Some are good, some are critical of sound etc.... more distractions. This flesh is looking for a reason to be distracted and I suppose I am probably not the only one. If you are taking time to type out a comment on your keyboard about the sound or about anything, you may be distracted a bit Smile

There is something in the group dynamic of believers that cannot be replicated on a computer. The gathering of 2 or 3 in His name. The assembling ourselves together. The anticipation and expectation of the group and the encouragement of others together in worship are invaluable whether a large group or small.

Next Sunday I will be looking for a gathering of like faith.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/22/20 12:21 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Like anything, this will take some practice and getting used to, but most people will, hopefully, be able to become less distracted and critical as they get used to it. Hopefully, it won't be for more than a few more weeks.
3/22/20 12:48 pm

Post We did it jimmyjon
We have been streaming on 3 platforms for a number of years now. Just a helpful hint. Facebook and youtube make it difficult to stream because of copyright issues. We have ccli licenses for video streaming, practice and performance and we were disputing the copyright infringements for a long time each week even though we were allowed to do it. And Iin addition, if we tried to utilize a video clip ever they would shut us down. YouTube would also let us broadcast the event live with issues but if we wanted to archive the media on our website or app it wouldnt play. So, we went to vimeo and we also record to cd for a podcast and DVD. We no.longer archive youtube videos only our vimeo which we upload after the service. We livestream on fb and YouTube but maintain our own archive for later viewing. Hope this helps. If you need more info pm me.

Btw, we had a live service to about 75 out of 1000 hearty souls (had to stay under 100) and our service was fantastic in house and online. Have a blessed week
Hey, DOC
3/22/20 4:44 pm

Post Cojak
Our pastor, Bro Danny Peterson did a good job this morning. My only problem is we are online via cell signal. Until we can decide if we are going to stop traveling we must deal with video freezes sometimes but we can live with it.
It is a great idea for an alternate... Smile Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by Cojak on 3/22/20 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/22/20 6:38 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I preached to a camera this morning.

And lived to tell about it.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/22/20 7:19 pm

Post Re: We did it shaunbwilson
jimmyjon wrote:
We have been streaming on 3 platforms for a number of years now. Just a helpful hint. Facebook and youtube make it difficult to stream because of copyright issues. We have ccli licenses for video streaming, practice and performance and we were disputing the copyright infringements for a long time each week even though we were allowed to do it. And Iin addition, if we tried to utilize a video clip ever they would shut us down. YouTube would also let us broadcast the event live with issues but if we wanted to archive the media on our website or app it wouldnt play. So, we went to vimeo and we also record to cd for a podcast and DVD. We no.longer archive youtube videos only our vimeo which we upload after the service. We livestream on fb and YouTube but maintain our own archive for later viewing. Hope this helps. If you need more info pm me.

Jimmyjon, I just wanted to thank you for sharing this information. I know there are many pastors that don't have even the faintest idea of where to start with streaming their services, and you have provided both very good "lessons learned" and an invaluable offer for those who need help to PM you for additional advice. This is the principle of 1 Cor 12 in action. Thanks for your demonstration of Christian love, brother.
3/22/20 7:39 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic