Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastors: What's your plan as the shepherd?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastors: What's your plan as the shepherd? shaunbwilson
Washington state is about to place a ban on gatherings of 250 people or more. There is no indication that this ban will not include religious services. Italy has allowed religious services to continue if gatherings allow congregants to remain at least 1 meter from each other, but it has banned all weddings, baptisms, and other "special" religious events that would attract a larger-than-normal crowd. The one-meter rule is likely to change as new evidence shows that COVID-19 travels up to 4.5 meters (15 feet).

As I have said in other posts, it is not time to panic, but it is time to prepare. It is better to have a plan that is not needed than to need a plan and not have one.

Many churches have regular Sunday morning attendance of 250 or more. Will you organize services so that your church does not violate a ban on gatherings of a certain size? If so, how will you ensure the services do not violate the ban?

The church I attend has a regular Sunday attendance of 400, which is distributed over three services. The 11:00 AM service is disproportionately full, and while I haven't counted the attendance at this service, I would estimate that it attracts more than 250 people in that single service.

Based on how the virus has been shown to exponentially propagate, you may need to be ready to pull the trigger on your plan in the next week. What is your plan? How will you notify and organize your congregation? How will you ensure compliance with the authorities that God has placed over you (1 Pet 2:13-15)?
3/11/20 1:35 pm

Post shaunbwilson
The Governor of Maryland just banned all gatherings over 250, including religious services.
3/12/20 3:24 pm

Post POTUS uthdude2000
just dropped that number to 10 or less

I say FB Live, YoutubeTV, only staff and musicians, praise team be in the building.

As a major crisis hits us, people need faith!

The majority of sheep don't or can't get that through their own reading the scriptures, listening to GOD, because they are too busy asking GOD for things.

This is where their reliance is on the local church body.
3/17/20 7:53 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic