Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Divine Healing

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Divine Healing Bro Bob
Article 11, Declaration of Faith.

Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.

I'm listening... go.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/7/20 10:39 pm

Post Been there. Done that brotherjames
Got the t shirt. A waste of time. Exercise in futility on this supposed Pentecostal forum. Check our the hot discussion forum from 8 years ago. Good stuff on there which went on for weeks and changed no ones mind. Too many non believers (DDD) on here now. Acts-celerater
3/7/20 11:02 pm

Post Re: Divine Healing Carolyn Smith
Bro Bob wrote:
Article 11, Declaration of Faith.

Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.

I'm listening... go.

Is there a specific question in there? Wink
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/7/20 11:28 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
We practice it & enjoy the benefits on a regular basis ...no issue here!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/7/20 11:35 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I believe healing is provided for all in the atonement, and regularly pray for divine healing.

As we quite obviously remain mortal and corruptible in our present existence, perfect health is only guaranteed in the resurrection of our bodies into their perfected, glorified state, which glorification is itself provided for in the atonement.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/8/20 12:03 am

Post Re: Been there. Done that Dave Dorsey
brotherjames wrote:
Too many non believers (DDD) on here now.

All right, you're done here. Bye.

For the record, as I have always believed and maintained, I affirm miraculous and instantaneous divine healing as something that God does today. I have friends and family who have experienced medically-documented divine healing. As to the subject post, I affirm that statement as well. The only question is when that total healing is guaranteed to be received. Smile
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/8/20 7:32 am

Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I believe healing is provided for all in the atonement, and regularly pray for divine healing.

As we quite obviously remain mortal and corruptible in our present existence, perfect health is only guaranteed in the resurrection of our bodies into their perfected, glorified state, which glorification is itself provided for in the atonement.

Exactly!

One day we will have perfect bodies. Until then we will suffer from time to time in this one. I don't understand why we would want to extend our lives in this clay cabin any longer than God wills. And then for other "believers" to discount it when we pray "if the Lord wills" really quite annoying.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/8/20 8:09 am

Post Bro Bob
Brother E J Reynolds asked me and another elder at our church to bring the oil to the hospital and lay hands on his wife Violet. And we did. And she died.

Some of the best people on the planet prayed and even declared healing for Regina.

Lord, I believe...

Bro Triplet did a wonderful job in his analysis of article 11 at the Lee Chapel in the fall of 1975. You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFAwZxKxxus

Bro Triplet died about a month ago or so.

Quote:
2 Kings 13:14 Elisha's Final Prophecy
14When Elisha had fallen sick with the illness from which he would die, Jehoash king of Israel came down to him and wept over him, saying, “My father, my father, the chariots and horsemen of Israel!”

So we know that all healing, even natural healing comes from God. And we also know that it is appointed unto man once to die.

I am trying to fully grasp what we mean in article 11, and do we in fact still believe it.
3/8/20 8:14 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Bro Bob wrote:
Brother E J Reynolds asked me and another elder at our church to bring the oil to the hospital and lay hands on his wife Violet. And we did. And she died.

Some of the best people on the planet prayed and even declared healing for Regina.

Lord, I believe...

Bro Triplet did a wonderful job in his analysis of article 11 at the Lee Chapel in the fall of 1975. You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFAwZxKxxus

Bro Triplet died about a month ago or so.

Quote:
2 Kings 13:14 Elisha's Final Prophecy
14When Elisha had fallen sick with the illness from which he would die, Jehoash king of Israel came down to him and wept over him, saying, “My father, my father, the chariots and horsemen of Israel!”

So we know that all healing, even natural healing comes from God. And we also know that it is appointed unto man once to die.

I am trying to fully grasp what we mean in article 11, and do we in fact still believe it.

I still believe it. I believe the healing power of God is still real and available today, that signs, wonders, and miracles still happen. Article 11 is based (I believe) on Isaiah 53.

The gifts of the Spirit are still in operation where He is welcome. There are some churches that don't want the flow of the Spirit, and I'm of the opinion He probably doesn't bother them much. But when the Holy Spirit is welcome to flow and move and touch His people, He does.

I think this article shares a foundational truth that divine healing is a part of the work that was done on Calvary by the atoning blood of Jesus. But it doesn't guarantee healing every time. I don't know if it is always God's will to heal, and often He doesn't do it like we thought He would.

When my husband was diagnosed with kidney failure, God gave me a word that this was not a sickness unto death, but unto the glory of God. I believed his kidneys would be healed, that he would receive a supernatural miracle. But that's not how God chose to heal him. God sent a kidney transplant many years down the road, and it had the same result. When he had to go on dialysis before the transplant, I was confused...but I decided He was God and could do this however He wanted to!

When Kathy Isaacs died, I was puzzled. She and her family (all of whom are in ministry) believed for her healing, fasted and prayed for it. Anybody who was anybody in the COG laid hands on her and prayed for her healing. They believed for her physical healing until the time she went home to be with the Lord. It was not a lack of faith that she wasn't healed this side of heaven. So why didn't God heal her body and raise her up? The only answer I could come up with is that she had finished her assignment here on the earth. She grew up in a pastor's home and lived for the Lord since the time she was a small child. She married an evangelist, who went on to pastor and lead administratively. The Lord was using her in an awesome way. What a great opportunity for God to get the glory! But...that wasn't His plan somehow. And her family still praised God through her passing and the legacy of faith she left behind. God still got the glory.

My personal opinion is sometimes we just don't understand. It's not a lack of faith, it's not anything we did wrong or anything we should have done differently. Perhaps someday when we see it from God's perspective, it will make sense. But until then, I choose to trust Him. Sometimes He chooses not to heal...and I don't understand. But I don't have to. I just have to keep trusting Him no matter what. He has proven His faithfulness to me over and over and over.

I do believe that some people have a special unction from the Holy Spirit to pray for the sick and they are miraculously healed. There is a gift of healing and a gift of working of miracles. Perhaps we need to pray for those gifts to operate more.

And with things like the corona virus, where we don't understand everything about it or how it works or how people get well or why some die...we may very well have to pray and proclaim healing and depend on God like folks did in the old days.

God does heal today, and the provision for divine healing was made through Jesus' blood. Most folks today don't depend on that...we depend on doctors and medicine probably more that divine healing. And there are more reports of healing in other countries where medicine is not as readily available...because people HAVE to depend on God.

I don't know if this helps, but I hope it does. Trust God's plan for your life and know He is still in control and still working, even when we don't understand.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/8/20 5:03 pm

Post Bro Bob
Quote:
Perhaps someday when we see it from God's perspective, it will make sense.

This is one of the best responses you have ever written, Carolyn. And that sentence above is huge.

Thank you,

Bob Hodo
3/8/20 9:21 pm

Post Nobodies mind has been changed by this debate in the years caseyleejones
I've been here. I will not argue, refute or debate my point...

I believe it is God's perfect will to heal his children today. That does not mean we will live forever in the flesh. I believe there is a point where we can just give up our spirit and move on...but we live in an imperfect world where we abuse and poison our bodies and we lose focus....that said....

For me, me alone...speaking for me, how can I believe in salvation, a heaven and a mansion if I choose to cherry pick the scriptures I want to believe. I see healing as God's perfect will for today. If I questions that, then I begin questioning other parts of the NT and God's promises.

Flame on. I just gave my perspective and if you disagree or refute, I really don't care. I won't change your mind nor you mine.

As someone noted, we will understand things when we move on.
Acts-perienced Poster
3/9/20 9:13 am

Post Cojak
Bro Bob wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps someday when we see it from God's perspective, it will make sense.

This is one of the best responses you have ever written, Carolyn. And that sentence above is huge.

Thank you,

Bob Hodo

Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/9/20 9:57 am

Post Bro Bob
One reason I prefer talking to people over typing to them is that I am rarely misunderstood when I am speaking. And I am not saying I have been misunderstood here.

But let me make it clear... this past year has been a trial. My core faith has been tested. It is my own personal 'great tribulation'.

But Paul said "tribulation worketh patience".

James said, "the testing of your faith worketh patience."

Patience.

It is not a natural trait for me.

BB
3/9/20 12:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic