Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When you have a vision from God...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post When you have a vision from God... roughridercog
What do you do with it? I have had 2 in my ministry and the second quite recently.
I have always believed it is best to ask for supernatural wisdom to know what to do without it and when or whether to share it and where.

Your opinions?
2/17/20 7:54 am

Post Unless you already know... Aaron Scott
what God is wanting you to do with it, then, yes, you need God's guidance first. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/17/20 11:00 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have only received one open vision from God before, where I saw with my physical eyes what was something like a holographic series of moving pictures suspended, as it were, in the air.

I didn’t feel I could tell anybody about it for years. I still am quite hesitant to do so, and only have shared parts of it with a few trusted individuals. I have shared part of it concerning our part in the Second Coming and the Battle of Armageddon with my congregation, more as an illustration when preaching on that topic.

I’m of course no expert, but I would say first search the Scriptures to see if this vision accords with Scripture or at least doesn’t contradict it, and second, PRAY for the Lord to confirm to your heart the authenticity of the vision. Third, seek trusted, discerning, godly counsel regarding it when you feel ready to.

I would be hesitant to share it openly with many, if any, unless the urgency from the Lord to share it was irresistible.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/17/20 11:13 am

Post Link
Maybe two or three times, I've gotten a mental image when I prayed about something that gave me some insight. It wasn't like virtual reality or like I was really there, just pictures. But I think they were from the Lord, so I might put them in the 'vision' category. I wonder if, when Jeremiah saw the almond branch or the boiling pot if he saw it in his mind's eye, was in some visionary experience where it looked real, or literally saw a branch and saw a literal pot while he was walking around and the Lord spoke to him about it.

I had gone through a couple of years of college without having to write a term paper. My dialectology professor gave us diskettes with data from one of their surveys. We had to write a paper on it.

This is a brilliant idea. I've got to subject my students to such an onerous assignment to get some research ideas.

Anyway, I was praying for direction about what the write because I couldn't think of anything. A picture of a dialect map in the textbook popped up in my mind, and I ended up writing two papers on that and getting A's.

Another time, I was praying for a friend I had not seen in a long time during 'ministry time' after the service at a church. I got a phrase to pray, "no more tears'-- a phrase from a commercial as I recall. I started praying about the tough time she was going through. i saw a picture of her in my mind's eyes with a garland of flowers about her neck and continued to pray as I felt led. She confirmed I was praying about issues she went through. I went through a period of time where I prayed with people a lot and I could pray about details they were going through without them telling me first, as I followed promptings I was getting. That has happened on occasion since.

I've probably had the picture-in-the-mind's-eye sort of thing a lot since then. I scarcely think in pictures, and I think in words instead, so pictures may stand out to me a bit more than it does for people who constantly think in pictures. I've also had dreams that I believe were revelatory, too.

I can't think of a waking vision that gave me long-term direction, though.
2/17/20 8:21 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I would say your first responsibility is to pray...ask God to show you what it is you're seeing/why you're seeing it and what to do with it.

I've never had an open vision, but I do get the "mental pictures" thing at times. With that there is a knowing from the Holy Spirit of how to proceed.

I heard a woman speak once about God giving her a vision of one of the space shuttles exploding the day before it actually happened. I want to say it was Apollo 13, but I'm not sure of the details now. Can you imagine seeing that while in prayer? And what do you do with something like that? So you pray and intercede and ask God to intervene. Sometimes things can be avoided through intercession, and sometimes it is a warning of what is to come.

It sounds as though you are prayerfully approaching this and seeking discernment. Sometimes we know in part...I am asking God now to reveal this to you and give you supernatural understanding on what to do with this information.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/8/20 4:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic