Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Has a church or denom ever repented of a pro-gay stance?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Has a church or denom ever repented of a pro-gay stance? Quiet Wyatt
Has a church or denomination ever repented and returned to biblical heterosexuality after becoming pro-homosexuality? I can’t think of one, can you?

Paul in Romans 1:18-32 talks about what happens when people reject God and truth. God gives over to a reprobate/depraved mind those who willfully refuse to acknowledge God in their minds, suppressing the truth in unrighteousness, persisting in choosing ungodliness such as homosexual sex acts and approving of those who do such.

Do you think it right to pray for a church, denomination, or leader who has crossed that line, and become pro-abomination? Should we rather pray *against* them, that their influence diminish, that souls may be saved out of their deception, and that their ‘ministry’ be brought to nothing?

I am not asking, “Can God save individuals out of a homosexual lifestyle?” Obviously, He can, as 1 Cor 6:9-11 clearly states. My question is, do we have any indication in Scripture that an apostate church or group/denomination ever will repent and return to scriptural righteousness, after they have turned so thoroughly against God and truth?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/13/20 11:56 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I can't think of any church or denomination that has, although I'm sure there have been individuals who have rethought their theology on this matter.

In general, I don't think we lose anything by praying for mercy first. That is how I pray for preachers and ministries that are preaching dangerously false doctrine. The first thing I pray is that God would give them repentance so they would acknowledge the truth and that He would give them a heart to repent of their false doctrine. And then I pray that He would do as you have described, should they resist and not repent.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/13/20 12:31 pm

Post Re: Has a church or denom ever repented of a pro-gay stance? Link
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Do you think it right to pray for a church, denomination, or leader who has crossed that line, and become pro-abomination? Should we rather pray *against* them, that their influence diminish, that souls may be saved out of their deception, and that their ‘ministry’ be brought to nothing?

I am not asking, “Can God save individuals out of a homosexual lifestyle?” Obviously, He can, as 1 Cor 6:9-11 clearly states. My question is, do we have any indication in Scripture that an apostate church or group/denomination ever will repent and return to scriptural righteousness, after they have turned so thoroughly against God and truth?

I have prayed that such a leader loose his and following until he repents.

In the 1990's, I heard about a Presbyterian elder who came out of the closet The church exercised church discipline and expelled him. Later, he repented and admitted that that was the best thing they could have done to him. But I don't know if he got any kind of following after that.
2/13/20 2:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic