Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

GENDER ISSUES: Congregation of 7,000 says their continued growth is "tied to" sexual conservatism

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post GENDER ISSUES: Congregation of 7,000 says their continued growth is "tied to" sexual conservatism doyle
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/dec/31/church-growth-tied-sexual-conservatism/

Whachathink?

Last edited by doyle on 2/21/20 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
2/17/20 2:43 pm

Post Patrick Harris
This is exactly true.

Despite the oft quoted statistics that the church is losing members, when the actual data is broken out they find that the conservative evangelical churches that teach Biblical solid messages are in fact holding their own and even growing.

I know for example two conservative churches in my city that are growing and adding additional services and adding additional campuses. They are both solid biblical conservative churches where the Bible is taught and not compromised.
Acts Enthusiast
2/17/20 3:05 pm

Post Link
Patrick Harris wrote:
This is exactly true.

Despite the oft quoted statistics that the church is losing members, when the actual data is broken out they find that the conservative evangelical churches that teach Biblical solid messages are in fact holding their own and even growing.

I know for example two conservative churches in my city that are growing and adding additional services and adding additional campuses. They are both solid biblical conservative churches where the Bible is taught and not compromised.

It could be that the churches going the wishy washy gay affirming way drive off members who are looking for something more serious.

It is also my experience that some of the signs and wonders or prophetic movement churches can spend little attention on topics like sin and can have really light teaching when it comes to the Bible. People might get burnt out on these churches and megachurches where the teaching is light and they try not to offend someone and might want something more serious, too.
2/17/20 8:32 pm

Post Link
quote from the site:
Quote:
Hope’s conservative stance on human sexuality — faithfulness in marriage, chastity in singleness, and marriage between one man and one woman — has done little, if anything, to rein in the church’s galloping growth.

These are very basic, normal Christian teachings, things all churches used to teach decades ago.
2/17/20 8:33 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
It's the same way even out here in whacky California.
The churches that are solid bible based in their theology are enjoying growth & many positive aspects.
The goofy churches that are chasing their tail at every popular trend that comes along are constantly having to re-identify themselves or re-create their goals & vision.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/19/20 8:02 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic