Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Please pray

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Please pray Carolyn Smith
My husband John fell & broke his hip this afternoon. He has been in tremendous pain since. He is finally on an Ortho floor at the hospital & has adequate pain meds to cover him. I've come home to rest and will go back in the morning. Surgery scheduled for Sunday afternoon. I would appreciate your prayers.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/9/20 1:30 am

Post Re: Please pray Dean Steenburgh
Carolyn Smith wrote:
My husband John fell & broke his hip this afternoon. He has been in tremendous pain since. He is finally on an Ortho floor at the hospital & has adequate pain meds to cover him. I've come home to rest and will go back in the morning. Surgery scheduled for Sunday afternoon. I would appreciate your prayers.

We'll be praying for the both of you out here in California.
He's way too young for this to ever be an issue so we know God's got this!!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/9/20 1:39 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Carolyn, I am so sorry to hear that. I am praying for you and your husband to be filled with God's strength and God's peace. I pray that your husband's surgery would go exceedingly well, that his recovery would be quick, and that God's provision would shower down upon both of you in all needed ways.

I look forward to hearing wonderful news, please keep us up to date!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/9/20 7:49 am

Post Patrick Harris
Praying now Carolyn.. Acts Enthusiast
2/9/20 12:47 pm

Post Cojak
Prayers here sweet sister. So sorry to hear this, we are thinking of you all!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/9/20 2:30 pm

Post Bro Bob
So sorry to hear this. Recovery can be a long road on this one as I am sure you know. He is fortunate to have you for the long haul.

God bless you both.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/9/20 6:08 pm

Post Cojak
Bro Bob wrote:
So sorry to hear this. Recovery can be a long road on this one as I am sure you know. He is fortunate to have you for the long haul.

God bless you both.

Amen!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/9/20 8:53 pm

Post jeremiah2911_4me
I'm sure Carolyn will update everyone as she sees necessary...but there was another delay in the surgery today. I know she would def appreciate the prayers.

John and Carolyn have become good friends to our family over the tears - - funny story we all met through ACTS lol...

Please lift them up!
Acts-celerater
2/9/20 10:13 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Thanks to all of you. We have certainly needed your prayers today. They kept delaying the surgery, then they had us go down to pre-op. Only to have one of the docs call and CANCEL THE SURGERY! ARGHHHH

After waiting 2 1/2 hours, we were finally able to talk to one of the docs. They have to run one more test and if all goes well with that, he will have surgery midmorning on Monday. There have been a myriad of twists and turns in this hospital visit already. I sure hope things are better tomorrow!

I am exhausted and need to be there fairly early tomorrow. Will try to work around his surgery, etc. Please continue to keep us in prayer. Thanks for praying & encouraging!

And thanks to jeremiah29011_4me. We are practically family now! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
2/10/20 12:18 am

Post Eduardo Nieves
Remembering you in prayer
Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/10/20 3:01 pm

Post Preacher777
Carolyn, I am praying for a quick healing and things to work out well. Friendly Face
2/11/20 9:31 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. It is greatly appreciated.

John had his surgery yesterday. I was worried about him last night because he was still in so much pain, but he is a lot better today. It looks like he may have to go to a nursing home for a short while to do PT. I'll talk to the case manager tomorrow and see what that might look like. He will need to at least be able to take care of his basic needs before he can come home & be at home all day. He did walk from the bed to the chair today & sit up for a while. Still a long way to go, but a good beginning!

Please pray for me, also. I have to admit I am really discouraged in a lot of different areas. There are work issues aside from still sharing an office with a woman who won't speak to me (for almost a year now). One of my bosses is not happy with how I am handling my responsibilities, and the other boss is retiring in April. Soon the boss that isn't happy with things will be my only boss. I don't think I am mishandling the responsibilities the way she thinks I am...but I've been known to be wrong at times. There are no positions open for what I am qualified to do, and I have spoken to my HR representative, who agreed it is time for me to move on.

It just feels like there is so much stress in so many places. I don't know how to change some of these things. My car has been broken down for almost a month...our neighbor is working on it, so I'm driving my husband's car. Our financial situation has changed due to my mother in law's death, though we will get some money from the sale of her mobile home soon.

I also have a couple of physical things going on that I haven't been able to get checked out to the extent I need to. I'm canceling an appointment tomorrow because of my husband's accident.

I honestly don't know what people do without the Lord. I am not even finding the peace I need there right now. I really need a breakthrough soon! Thanks for praying. Smile
2/11/20 11:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic