Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

'Gay married' man leading in polls? (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Link wrote:
I can think of another difference between adultery and so-called 'gay' so-called 'married.' After Uriah died, David was apparently allowed to be married to Bathsheba without that being a sin...I suppose. That would not have been the case with two men.

This was permissible for David only because he had Uriah murdered. If Uriah was still alive, David's marriage to Bathsheba would not have been permissible. Therefore, by your logic, adultery+murder is better than adultery because the end state of the former is permissible while the end state of the latter is not.

That doesn't seem like a sound argument.

David and Bathsheba were punished BIG TIME through their son's death. (yes, another not so clean and nice thing that God did, but He is sovereign and of course the baby went to be with Him). My point is that the big picture here does NOT condone what David did at all. While "legally" permissible to marry, God still brought judgement on them for David's sin. As I recall, this was also the situation that David said there was actually no legal means of salvation left to Him under The Law and he had to appeal to God's saving grace for his salvation. Psalm 51 16:17
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/17/20 10:41 am

Post Link
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I have always been aware that two men kissing disgusts me, but that two women kissing doesn’t disgust me nearly as much, especially if neither of them look butch. My carnal impulse, especially when I was younger, to two beautiful women kissing is that I would enjoy joining them in their sin. But yeah, I react just about the same to the thought of two men committing sodomy as I do to the thought of a man screwing his dog. UTTER disgust.

I find two women kissing offensive, but I don't get that same visceral sense of disgust that you describe that I also get if two men do that. Men dressing as women generates the same feelings but to a lesser degree. It is hard to think of something uglier than a man dressed like a woman.

LGBT advocates call these feelings homophobia. The way I see it, God told Israel that men having sex with men was an abomination. It's disgusting. If I naturally feel disgusted, then I'm naturally sensing the normal state of this. I think they label a normal disgust as a phobia. I suspect a lot of men are disgusted by this, normally, and they have to unlearn this normal healthy response by 'education', diversity training, or whatever if they are to conform to the current philosophy.

I don't know if women doing such things doesn't generate the same level of repulsion has to do with it being less disgusting or with me not sensing it because I am a man and could potentially find women attractive. The death penalty passage is about a man having sex with a man. That's what gets mentioned in the various homosexual sex passages except that one brief reference to women abandoning the natural use of the woman.
2/17/20 8:26 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
It's pretty rich to hear the "president not pastor" folks clutching their pearls about a homosexual potentially being in the White House, when they have no end of defenses for their strong support of a man who cheated on his wife while she was pregnant with their son.

Sexual morality either matters or it doesn't. Both views are respectable, but choose one and apply it across the board.

You sound quite sure of yourself Dave when it comes to judging a man on rumors.

Mr. & Mrs. Trump have adamantly denied that any of the rumors of his infidelity were nothing but just that ...rumors.
The woman who is married to him believes him & she knows him better than any other person.
Do you have some special evidence to the contrary Dave?
Stormy Daniels has been proven a fraud, Cohen plead guilty to numerous felonies & making up stories (keep in mind he claims he paid Stormy $130K to keep her mouth shut) but it was never proven to be payment for Trump & in my opinion I think it was his own affair he was paying for.
Even the not so famous, Karen McDougal who bragged about having a loving affair with Mr. Trump wasn't believable enough for the National Enquirer to run the story ...thats pretty bad when the N.I. wont print the gossip.
And then there is Stormy's attorney, Michael Avenatti who had no "proof" as he claimed multiple times that Mr. Trump was guilty.

So what proof is there that Mr. Trump is guilty of immoral conduct while his wife was pregnant Dave?

Mr. Trump has released some folks from prison over the last year (a drop in the bucket compared to Obama) who were sent to prison sometimes for petty things.
Mr. Trump has spoken about his new found faith, praying & even reading the bible ...never heard any POTUS say these things.
This prez has been super friendly towards the church & to Israel.
Under his guidance we've seen world leaders take deep breaths of pause like never before because they know Trump will confront their evil threats.
Unemployment is lower than any time in the last 55 years, stock market on fire, industries are rebuilding here in our homeland instead of off-shore, the military is in the best shape ever & we have hundreds of conservative judges making it to the bench like never before.

Even Ronald Reagan didn't have it this good in his first term & I thought he was the best I had ever seen.

What does he have to do to get you to stop believing the lies Dave?
Are you some how transfixed on the idea that the shoe will eventually drop & the real Donald John Trump will arise?

Too bad more Christians can't just enjoy the blessings that God has sent our way w/out looking for the angles & speculation.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/19/20 8:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Dean, it's a matter of record that he has cheated on each of his wives. It is likewise a matter of record that it occurred against Melania while she was pregnant with Barron. It is not rumor or hearsay. In fact, there are 130,000 pieces of evidence. You are also incorrect that Melania disputed it. When asked, she said it was not a concern or focus of hers.

If you are uninformed that is your business, but I encourage you to educate yourself before accusing others of believing lies. I do not believe there is any possible merit in discussing the president with you, based on the unnecessarily personal way in which you choose to engage, so I will not be replying to you about this or related topics again. Blessings.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/19/20 9:55 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean, it's a matter of record that he has cheated on each of his wives. It is likewise a matter of record that it occurred against Melania while she was pregnant with Barron. It is not rumor or hearsay. In fact, there are 130,000 pieces of evidence. You are also incorrect that Melania disputed it. When asked, she said it was not a concern or focus of hers.

If you are uninformed that is your business, but I encourage you to educate yourself before accusing others of believing lies. I do not believe there is any possible merit in discussing the president with you, based on the unnecessarily personal way in which you choose to engage, so I will not be replying to you about this or related topics again. Blessings.

You don't have to respond, that's fine.
You can just state that I'm uninformed because based on your opinion I have not looked into this ...but I did look into this before I responded to you.
You didn't cite any sources which is expected from everyone who states these things about the prez.
It's so simple to say, 'it's a matter of record' but what record? You didn't cite the record other than your ambiguous 130,000 pieces of evidence.

It sounds like you need to look into this & read something more than rumors.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/21/20 5:17 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic